Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fantastic numbers! Just under 10.5 million people given at least one dose now.

An unbelievable achievement. 

My Mum in the UK and my Dad and Step Mum in France are all being vaccinated tomorrow.  Similar age, but my Mum is fighting fit while the French contingent are on a very vulnerable list.  Thankful for both.

• Like 1

A real non-story being run on East Midlands news at the moment.

Apparently Nottinghamshire is lagging behind other East Midland counties in getting people vaccinated.

Well get this... one of the counties had to have the lowest rate. What's the betting that they would have just ran the exact same story and just changed the county.

Ridiculous :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55933373

Sickening! Apologies if the image offends anyone, thought it would be best to just show what we're up against though.

Reveal hidden contents

bWLoUsmW.jpg

What I honestly don't get is what these folks really want, other than mass death and disruption just so they can get what they want.

I mean, if you really want to see an end to this and have a "free" (whatever that means) life again, why be against the one thing that is by far the fastest way to that freedom? It doesn't make any sense unless they're social Darwinists, who usually end up whistling a very different tune when suddenly it's their head on the block.

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

So it's been confirmed now that the flu has been completey eradicated. It'd be interesting to know how many people are hospitalised by the flu on a yearly basis usually. 

BBC News - Covid: Five reasons to be (cautiously) hopeful

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55941234

I have to say, this is probably the most positive thing I've read about covid recently. There hasn't been much, and for everyone it hasn't be easy in one way or another, so any glimpse of good news is a shining beacon. And I read it not being too cynical about it either, which I have been on others. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

After 5 days of lockdown we have had ZERO new cases... weird, as this was supposedly the new UK highly contagious variant and the guy had been all over the town.

Anyhoo.. lockdown ends at 6pm yahoo

I don’t think he could have been very contagious. Even his flat mates have tested negative so far. Good news anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stivo said:

Isn’t Greenland smaller than we think because of the projection?

Yes. The Mercator projection has to expand the polar regions in order to align longitude and latitude which exaggerates the size of Greenland. It is impossible to project a globe earth onto a flat map without such distortion.

13 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

New Zealand isn't part of the same continental shelf. There's 9 continents Asia, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, Antarctica, Zealandia and Great Britain.

New Zealand is classified as a minor continent (Zealander) within Australia/Oceana. This is mainly submerged. Interestingly, the country recently extended its maritime boundary beyond the UNCLOS Exclusive Economic Zone, by showing that the continental shelf extends beyond 200 nautical miles from the coastline.

6 hours ago, Harrydc said:

So it's been confirmed now that the flu has been completey eradicated. It'd be interesting to know how many people are hospitalised by the flu on a yearly basis usually. 

Are you actually doing this on purpose now?

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So true, the frustration is really starting to affect me now.

Since the start of the original lockdown I've unfortunately lost my Mum, my Cousin and my Grandad in a horrible 5 week spell. At a time when it's really hit home that I need to get out and live life to its fullest none of us have been able to to do a damn thing for year of our lives... such a waste. 

Honestly people when this shite is over, waste no time, get the hell out and go and do and see all the things and places you have ever wanted to, don't make excuses get it done as this has proved you just never know what can sodding happen. 

Exactly.

And hopefully something that can be taken from this is that people don't take "normal" life for granted, because it can all change so quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So true, the frustration is really starting to affect me now.

Since the start of the original lockdown I've unfortunately lost my Mum, my Cousin and my Grandad in a horrible 5 week spell. At a time when it's really hit home that I need to get out and live life to its fullest none of us have been able to to do a damn thing for year of our lives... such a waste. 

Honestly people when this shite is over, waste no time, get the hell out and go and do and see all the things and places you have ever wanted to, don't make excuses get it done as this has proved you just never know what can sodding happen. 

Sorry to hear about your loses mate and completely agree with the last paragraph.

15 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Looks like some countries will be allowing travel if you can show you’ve had the vaccine, vaccine “passports” could be a thing which is extremely harsh on the younger generation who are way down on the vaccination list. 

All adults in the UK are on track to be vaccinated by May. I can’t see international travel being close by that point so I can’t see that being too much of an issue.

Also, no screaming kids to ruin a relaxing day on the beach. Win win.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Looks like some countries will be allowing travel if you can show you’ve had the vaccine, vaccine “passports” could be a thing which is extremely harsh on the younger generation who are way down on the vaccination list. 

We're all going to have them by May apparently. Just in time for summer :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Which, to me, doesn't make sense because, from what i understand,  the vaccine won't stop you from catching the virus, or spreading it, but will stop you becoming poorly from it's effects.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Which, to me, doesn't make sense because, from what i understand,  the vaccine won't stop you from catching the virus, or spreading it, but will stop you becoming poorly from it's effects.

Latest study showed one of the vaccines reduced transmition didn't it? 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The young shafted again? Imagine my shock.

• Like 2