Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

For anybody else unaware, I am quite aware that the vaccine can't be forced on anybody lol

I just remember it as being the target was 15 million vaccinations by mid Feb. Obviously a case of the Mandela effect haha

No, it's two separate things.

1.  To vaccinate 15m people by 15th February.

2.  To offer vaccinations to everyone in the target group.

Two separate targets.  Two separate numbers.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That is some going, it would be nice to hit the projection of all 50+ to have had their 1st vaccine (was going to put dose but knowing the audience thought better of it) by 30th March would be a huge achievement & a real ray of hope that a late spring / summer in the UK could resemble something akin to normality.

25 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

That is some going, it would be nice to hit the projection of all 50+ to have had their 1st vaccine (was going to put dose but knowing the audience thought better of it) by 30th March would be a huge achievement & a real ray of hope that a late spring / summer in the UK could resemble something akin to normality.

The proof is in the pudding though, let's see that  in about 3 weeks we have a reduction of 40% in hospital admissions and deaths.

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So to get to 15 million jabs by the middle of Feb, we need to average about 380K a day for the next fortnight. Will be tight be we know there is capacity in the system so as long as supply holds up we should make it :fc:

A month ago I would have been buzzing for that but what are the government actually going to do when the top 4 tiers have been vaccinated?

Pubs won’t open, restaurants won’t open, we won’t be able to go to the football, we won’t be able to go on holiday. It’s all getting pointless.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

A month ago I would have been buzzing for that but what are the government actually going to do when the top 4 tiers have been vaccinated?

Pubs won’t open, restaurants won’t open, we won’t be able to go to the football, we won’t be able to go on holiday. It’s all getting pointless.

I think the answer won't be known until we see transmission numbers, hospital numbers and death rates but early signs are promising. 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Kids back to school probably. Although they need to give 2 weeks notice to do that iirc and no word yet. Gyms as well I am praying.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Kids back to school probably. Although they need to give 2 weeks notice to do that iirc and no word yet. Gyms as well I am praying.

Forgot about them little shits lol. If the best we can hope for is schools opening that is still massively grim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Forgot about them little shits lol. If the best we can hope for is schools opening that is still massively grim.

Im just jumping in the car with my two now mate. Text me your address! I’ll pick them up after Easter! 👍

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen at the current rate, all adults in the UK would be offered their first jab by the 19th of May. 

You need to allow for second doses which will consume most of that capacity from mid April,

I think that there is a good chance that  novavax may be approved and shipping by April, that could allow us to get to much higher rates if more people to give the jab can be recruited.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stix said:

Im just jumping in the car with my two now mate. Text me your address! I’ll pick them up after Easter! 👍

Depends how much you love your children as to whether you would do that. @Izzy, this isn’t an invitation so don’t even think about it. And I definitely don’t want a wife.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is it me, or has general anti-vax noise quietened down a bit lately?

It's as if hundreds of thousands of doses being administered with apparently no ill effects and the recipients seem really happy about it has made it slightly less fashionable

Perhaps the eu and U.K. nearly coming to blows  over doses has sent a positive message!

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

This is why I'm struggling to feel anything really. It's great that we are managing to roll out the vaccine quickly and efficiently, but doesn't make any difference to my life and there's still no end in sight.

• Like 2