Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Car mask willy puller exposed

It's a bit sad people are making that out to be a bad thing a year into this pandemic.  How did you lot ever get through school if you're this slow to pick up on new info?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's a bit sad people are making that out to be a bad thing a year into this pandemic.  How did you lot ever get through school if you're this slow to pick up on new info?

On 18/01/2021 at 15:44, Carl the Llama said:

Finland does exist guys, it's in Scandinavia

:whistle:

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I’m just trying to make light of the situation. I know people forget to take them off, I have as well but I would find it a bit weird if someone purposely wears a mask while sitting in their own car, on their own.

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

Would you really want the publicity from squads of para-military-medics holding down unwilling old people to stick needles in their arms?  There is no provision in law for forcibly vaccinating people who don't want it.

Oh I agree, I think I'd always read it as the target was to vaccinate 15 million by 15th Feb, not offer 15 million vaccinations. Probably Mandela effect lol

10 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Constant mutations. More fear mongering. This isn't going away. They're never going to give us our freedoms back. 

I’m now of the opinion they will let us have a bit of fun for a couple of months in July and August and they will panic again late summer autumn time as cases start re emerging.  I don’t see any end to it. Throw in the likelihood of a severe flu season next winter and I can see it being no better than last year leading up to Xmas as we watch Whitey and Vallance telling us we need to stay in to protect the NHS. 

Guest Harrydc
3 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I’m now of the opinion they will let us have a bit of fun for a couple of months in July and August and they will panic again late summer autumn time as cases start re emerging.  I don’t see any end to it. Throw in the likelihood of a severe flu season next winter and I can see it being no better than last year leading up to Xmas as we watch Whitey and Vallance telling us we need to stay in to protect the NHS. 

The mental health crisis in this country will be unmanagable. 

Edited by Harrydc

I am seriously starting to wonder how much of this is due to a failure to ask if Covid is really a cause of death, rather than something people caught in the weeks before they died of something else.  You would think in 10 months we could have worked out how to ask Doctors to asses this.

Guest Harrydc
4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I am seriously starting to wonder how much of this is due to a failure to ask if Covid is really a cause of death, rather than something people caught in the weeks before they died of something else.  You would think in 10 months we could have worked out how to ask Doctors to asses this.

They've said all long 'deaths for any reason within 28 days'. It's ridiculous. 

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m just trying to make light of the situation. I know people forget to take them off, I have as well but I would find it a bit weird if someone purposely wears a mask while sitting in their own car, on their own.

Sorry, working all day every day with the great British public and their constant quips about muh freedumbs it gets hard to filter the serious from the sarcastic

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

Constant mutations. More fear mongering. This isn't going away. They're never going to give us our freedoms back. 

The mutations news is to peddle the rhetoric that we're unfortunate and our scenario isn't the government's fault. 

Not because they want to control us. They merely want to manage our expectations and the way we think about the government response.

What do they gain by keeping us locked indoors? 

Hold tight, it'll start to improve and get better and better from March.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The mutations news is to peddle the rhetoric that we're unfortunate and our scenario isn't the government's fault. 

Not because they want to control us. They merely want to manage our expectations and the way we think about the government response.

What do they gain by keeping us locked indoors? 

Hold tight, it'll start to improve and get better and better from March.

Exactly. The vaccination roll out has been an incredibly efficient process so far, and I think I saw we'd vaccinated just shy of 10million people. At that rate the BBC predicts we'll have hit 15million vaccinations by mid-February. That would be the majority of those at risk of dying or serious complications vaccinated by Spring, which is brilliant. We could really start to see improvements in our lives soon. 

We'll probably be on a staggered return, but we are getting there. 

RIP Captain Tom

Great innings and got his dream trip to Barbados in before he passed away.

What an impact he had over the past 10 months with the funds he raised for the NHS Trusts.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 4