Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

They've done the right thing in trying to stem the spread of it, to be fair. Too often they've left it too long so being proactive will hopefully reduce it.

They have done what they can. Again it’s down to the individual person to use their common sense and abide by the rules 

4 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

As seems to be a pattern, after a massive surge in vaccines a bit of a drop-off. 

But to have 319k as a drop off is an excellent feat in itself. Hopefully we see higher highs and lows as we carry on. 

The AstraZeneca CEO said he believed that we would succeed in vaccinating 30M by end of March.( which is when we need to start second doses in volume)

• Like 3

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

On the other end of this spectrum you have the people who wear masks in their car when there's no one else in the car with them. lol 

Only place I ever see this is when I've been to Loughborough, I always assume it's some mad professor haha. I've driven through Loughborough probably 10 times since last march and I've seen it every time lol

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Only place I ever see this is when I've been to Loughborough, I always assume it's some mad professor haha. I've driven through Loughborough probably 10 times since last march and I've seen it every time lol

If you had Covid would you want to be in a car with yourself without a mask on?

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I see it quite a lot here. I just want to know what goes through people's heads when they decide to do it lol. I reckon if SAGE told people to wear masks in their own homes some people would do it. 

Out of interest, I just saw Hancocks tweet... was this always the target?

We're on track to meet our target of offering the top 4 priority groups a vaccine by mid-February.

I haven't paid much attention but I thought the target was to have them vaccinated, not just to have offered it.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I haven't paid much attention but I thought the target was to have them vaccinated, not just to have offered it.

Would you really want the publicity from squads of para-military-medics holding down unwilling old people to stick needles in their arms?  There is no provision in law for forcibly vaccinating people who don't want it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I assume that this is reference to some people inevitably refusing the opportunity of being vaccinated rather than him changing the target

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

On the other end of this spectrum you have the people who wear masks in their car when there's no one else in the car with them. lol 

I see it quite a lot here. I just want to know what goes through people's heads when they decide to do it lol. I reckon if SAGE told people to wear masks in their own homes some people would do it. 

I can explain this. 

Because we take the virus seriously and wear our masks at all appropriate times it becomes second nature and it's easy to forget it's even there when you get in the car and start driving. Alternatively if it's chilly I'll deliberately keep it on while I wait for the car to warm up.

Frankly I'd rather be seen to be too cautious than one of the idiots who thinks their rights are being trampled because they're asked to be socially responsible.  It did a lot of good for New Zealand to have people think they were overzealous.  Look at them now. Hilarious isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably Stops to ask/speak to people picking/dropping People off..and is prepared....

even worried about what bacteria gets into the Cars Air system...

Maybe disabled, belonging to the vulnerable group...or you dozo have you thought they Maybe NHS or Volunteer carers,

Making regular stops,with their own car..

P*ss taking always looks immature, when one doesn't know the situation...

Control freaks..!!! Usually have their own tears of life's failure..

• Like 1