Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

League to restart 17th June.

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

The Athletic published a story on this pay back and our exact queries were raised. Apparently, according to Adam of The Athletic, it's due to not receiving what they paid for on time, plus a changed product.

Still don't accept that makes sense.

We haven't paid for Sky sports for 3 months so our subscription has been adjusted to be fair.

I've no issue with the better games being on pay channels, it's fair to those paying for them. Expect LCFC v MUTD on Sky Sport 1 and Bournemouth v Burnley on freeview.

I still don't really get why they are having a refund, the game has been delayed due to a global pandemic.

Yes they paused the subs because there was literally nothing to watch! And people will go back to paying in full once the season resumes. I didn't get my football on time, does that give me cause to scrap my contract too? Should I pay £30 odd quid a month because the product is 'changed' IE no fans! Its really odd reasoning!

The only issue with the better games being on Sky is there is no other legal way to watch the games for your average season ticket holder, so again Sky and BT win probably with more subscriptions!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

Why couldn't we give some of the free games as extras to the broadcasters to reduce the refund owed? 

They have them all anyway, but that is a good point, I think they make payments per game normally facilities fees etc.

Snippet from that article:

"Brendan Rodgers has made more use of his Leicester squad, with Marc Albrighton, Demarai Gray, Dennis Praet, Hamza Choudhury and Kelechi Iheanacho all having reached double figures for appearances despite not being regular starters. But there is a clearly defined pecking order, and there are few signs that those on the fringes of the squad — the likes of Nampalys Mendy, Matty James or James Justin — would be trusted with bigger roles off the bench."

fringe-players-1.png

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Snippet from that article:

"Brendan Rodgers has made more use of his Leicester squad, with Marc Albrighton, Demarai Gray, Dennis Praet, Hamza Choudhury and Kelechi Iheanacho all having reached double figures for appearances despite not being regular starters. But there is a clearly defined pecking order, and there are few signs that those on the fringes of the squad — the likes of Nampalys Mendy, Matty James or James Justin — would be trusted with bigger roles off the bench."

Clearly they forgot about Ricky's injury.. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I am guessing Sky and BT will be happily refunding a percentage of my Subs, if that is the case.:crylaugh:Its ok I will defer it until the 20/21 season because I am good like that! 

If they can claim some kind of contract has been broken or whatever, or the product diminished etc; whatever crap excuse they are coming up with then surely we can too on subscription reclaim? 

I would imagine that the ad revenue on picktv or whatever crap channel they are using to show the free games will bring in record levels of advertising revenue, lets face it millions are not going to watch Pick on a normal day. Though knowing Sky I assume all the decent games will be on the subscription channels.  

I suspect they'll both pick up plenty of new subscribers as well.

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

5 subs approved.

Premier League to allow five substitutions on June 17 restart

Shareholders also approve for clubs to increase maximum number of substitute players on the bench from seven to nine for rest of 2019/20 season

Last Updated: 04/06/20 1

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

But there is a clearly defined pecking order, and there are few signs that those on the fringes of the squad — the likes of Nampalys Mendy, Matty James or James Justin — would be trusted with bigger roles off the bench."

As much as the Athletic does produce good content, Ornstein has no clue on Leicester here. James has obviously been injured for a while and is building up fitness and minutes before being chucked in. Mendy was injured and otherwise behind Wilf in the order and JJ hasn't played due to Riccy being in ridiculous form. Is it solely defined pecking orders or a combination of the players above them being in brilliant form and injury when otherwise they would've been played.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I suspect they'll both pick up plenty of new subscribers as well.

Of course, seems bizarre they get a refund.

We have literally no other way to watch a game legally, if its on sky sports its extra revenue for them. Whats the average weekly combined premier league attendance? They could likely get half that in new subs alone. Seems the clubs are being screwed by Sky, like the fans have for years. 

I want to hate Amazon for their tax avoidance, but at least they stuck all their games on free. 

Seems like another day goes by and no announcement of the fixture dates. So frustrating, two weeks until we start up and still no idea what day we play on. I know we won’t be in the grounds but some people still need to book the day off work to watch the game and make plans.

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Hearing our 1st Game Watford 20/06 at 12:30 on BT

Brighton on Sky 6pm 25th

FA Cup 28th 2:30pm BT

1/7 Everton 6pm on Sky

Was this off bert?? If yes games will actually be

watford 21l06 at  1600 on bbc

Brighton on bt on 26th at 20.00

fa cup 27th 1700

3/7 everton on amazon.........

sorry bert 😉

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Premier League to allow five substitutions on June 17 restart

Shareholders also approve for clubs to increase maximum number of substitute players on the bench from seven to nine for rest of 2019/20 season

Last Updated: 04/06/20 1

This could be a good thing to get a couple of the young lads on the fringe a bit of match day experience. 

• Like 2