Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

League to restart 17th June.

A bit of a random one here but I'm watching NRL this morning and they're using artificial crowd noises. I thought I'd hate that but it actually makes it feel much more like the real thing. Beats the deathly silence of the Bundesliga games anyway. Whoever is doing it is doing an amazing job of mixing it live so it all sounds like genuine reaction.

Edited by Paddy.

13 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm sorry but you can not rate Chilwell AND have used the ongoing pandemic to put things into perspective.

There's a big difference between not rating someone and being "gutted" that he can't lose his place in the team.

...struggling to remember anything about football after several months of lock down and delivering shopping and prescriptions for the old biddies in the village. Would be fantastic to sink 4/5 pints in the pub and see LCFC win against anyone!

• Like 1

Only 21 sleeps til Watford as Gene Pitney never sang.

It will be really interesting to see which teams adapt best to the break and the empty stadia.  Seems like a lottery to me.

It will be such an anti-climax if we lose!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

No more positive tests 

Which shows that the players and staff are likely keeping away from the public  - now is not the time to contract this thing and possibly miss the remainder of the season ..............  they may have also told their partners to generally keep away from people to protect them too. 

clearly everyone should have been keeping away from others but perhaps cutting out food shopping helps ......

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

clearly everyone should have been keeping away from others but perhaps cutting out food shopping helps ......

and cutting out the sex parties now that they need to turn up bright and early for training... 

• Haha 1

...the five subs rule really only benefits the big boys and if this is carried into law it will be the equivalent of FFP!!!

The big teams with their budgets can in effect carry a larger and more proficient squad. This will force teams with a lesser budget to attempt to carry a larger wage load than is possible, in contrast, to their incoming revenue.

Who ever decided that this is a good idea, then they have got it wrong.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Has anyone got or seen a fixture list for the new dates? Or will we be carrying on from Watford away?

No, not yet.

Probably sorting TV stuff - I did wonder for a while if they would try and keep the venues under wraps to stop fans travelling to neutral venues but surely they’ll have to tell us soon!

I’m bricking it tbh - just hope we can stay top four without the wheels coming off!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Had an ace dream last night that Liverpool threw it all away. 

It would be great if they lost there first few games. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Had an ace dream last night that Liverpool threw it all away. 

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

It would be great if they lost there first few games. 

Thinking back to the utmost professionalism with they dealt with us on Boxing Day after their WCC break, I expect them to steamroller their first two games and put it to bed 

Can't wait-

Turned on the telly this morning and was surprised to be greeted by The Big Match Revisited and the delightful sight of LCFC stuffing Arsenal 4 - 1 at Filbert St. Frankie, Keith, Admiral kits and all!

Made me realise just how much I've missed it all.

Bring it on!

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the five subs rule really only benefits the big boys and if this is carried into law it will be the equivalent of FFP!!!

The big teams with their budgets can in effect carry a larger and more proficient squad. This will force teams with a lesser budget to attempt to carry a larger wage load than is possible, in contrast, to their incoming revenue.

Who ever decided that this is a good idea, then they have got it wrong.

Mate the rules been introduced to help keep the tempo of the game up after players have been off for 3 months and us needing to cram games in.

Besides this rule will give opportunities to younger players for game time with the 2 extra subs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mate the rules been introduced to help keep the tempo of the game up after players have been off for 3 months and us needing to cram games in.

Besides this rule will give opportunities to younger players for game time with the 2 extra subs. 

..what if you do not want to play at a high tempo!!

Some teams have a style of play that does not.lend itself to a contradictory approach to their game.

If this is a short-term reach by the F.A. then I can understand, to some degree, where they are coming from but an implementation as a Law, would.only lead to purchasing players, not for the first eleven  but just to improve their "bench".

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Some teams have a style of play that does not.lend itself to a contradictory approach to their game.

If this is a short-term reach by the F.A. then I can understand, to some degree, where they are coming from but an implementation as a Law, would.only lead to purchasing players, not for the first eleven  but just to improve their "bench".

The issue for us is we don't have 5 decent squad players you'd want bringing on anyway. Certainly not game changers. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The prem is played at a higher tempo, higher physicality than most other leagues. Even if you aren't playing high tempo, fresh legs to secure up a lead is important. 

A lot of teams already buy squad players to improve their squad.  

As @Ric Flair has said, we don't have 5 game changers on the bench, but it'll certainly give youth players a potential opportunity to play.

• Like 1

Can you see relegation being scrapped if the Championship doesn't end as has been suggested?

Or somehow  no relegation but 3 teams comomg up ..

Which also has been muted as an idea but I cannot see the League allowing 23 teams next season given the extra match days that would be nedded.. and increase in relegation spots.

Personally feel  if the season ends as normal no one can complain about relegation really.