Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

League to restart 17th June.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

A worthy cause of course, but I wonder if this would be against the club’s advice?!

He is a free man isn't he? Club doesn't own him just because he works there. Good on him for having a brain that is about more than just football. As long as he maintains distance from his fellow protestors I don't see an issue. :)

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A worthy cause of course, but I wonder if this would be against the club’s advice?!

Demarai Gray, you should have stayed at home yesterday
We got your message on the instagram, viral conditions and you're not coming home
These games you play, they're gonna end in more than tears someday
Uh huh Demarai Gray, it shouldn't ever have to end this way

Edited by boots60
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

He is a free man isn't he? Club doesn't own him just because he works there. Good on him for having a brain that is about more than just football. As long as he maintains distance from his fellow protestors I don't see an issue. :)

Not saying I don't disagree but i find it hard to believe you can really keep any distance in those protests. I mean everyone is wearing facemasks (or the vast majority) so hopefully it wont spread as much. 

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why do they have to make it awkward with the staggered kick off times spread over days, purely for tv ratings? or is it a more covid related situation? Limiting VAR staff for example so they only have one group of refs at one time?

tv ratings for sure.

Modern IPTV would just have them all on at once and you pick your match, with VOD there afterwards.

Sky/BT/BBC will want to spread games out on schedule.

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why do they have to make it awkward with the staggered kick off times spread over days, purely for tv ratings? or is it a more covid related situation? Limiting VAR staff for example so they only have one group of refs at one time?

It does give people chance to watch more matches, keeps people in and entertained.

I've not seen a PL match since early February so am ready to watch as much as possible.

In addition to VAR staff it might also need to be staggered due to broadcasting and media staff availability. Don't forget they've got to add the Championship matches to the schedule yet.