Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

League to restart 17th June.

20 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'd take it to be honest. It would be rubbish missing out on Wembley but a win is still a win!

I used to have a recurring dream of standing outside Wembley, weirdly with ticket in hand, but not being able to get inside to see us lift the FA Cup. 

I suppose that it will always be remembered due to the circumstances. Cup finals in the Premier League era are easily forgotten but this one won't be. 

The Pandemic Cup, Corona Cup, Bat Cup? 

I’ve just looked at the premier league table for the first time in 2 months, although I remembered the top 4 and who was bottom, I’d pretty much forgotten the rest! That relegation battle will be interesting. Hopefully the race for the top 4 will be dull as that means no change!

47 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t get why some of these games need to be played at neutral grounds ? Won’t this just restart the neutral grounds argument 

I believe this was at the request of Police forces probably due to historical issues between fans of the clubs or likelyhood of fan gatherings. Its better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

20 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester win race to sign Luton right back James Justin after ...

It's time for this man to step up and show us what he can do... and I think he is going to show us all how good he is!

I am gutted still, as he is great at left back, an amazing upgrade over chilwell.

But still we have fuchs so that option is still there to be used over chilwell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Does anyone know where to get steams from? I’ve genuinely forgotten. 

I'd say try the Great Central mate, but i think they're closed same as everyone else :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Which for me, won’t really matter as the teams that Norwich are competing with to stay up all have similar sized squads. 

We are fighting with Man City, Chelsea and Man U for third. All of massively better strength in depth. However in theory in situations like Norwich your right 

12 minutes ago, Mullet1 said:

We are fighting with Man City, Chelsea and Man U for third. All of massively better strength in depth. However in theory in situations like Norwich your right 

I’m not sure Chelsea or Man Utd’s depth is all that better than ours to be fair. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I am gutted still, as he is great at left back, an amazing upgrade over chilwell.

Have you been sat in the sun too long mate?

Chillwell is a bloody good player that we're lucky to have. No questions that JJ is a good player, but he isn't at Chillwell's level yet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Rumour of a start to league action and the Chilwell haters are back out.

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Does anyone know where to get steams from? I’ve genuinely forgotten. 

Hesgoal so I heard from the cyber-stratosphere

I presume that any foreign players who have been at home during the lock down have already returned at the start of training? If not June 17 is going to be tight now there is an enforced quarantine in place with respect to people entering the country.

Also a few reports of some players (Troy Deaney  for one) saying that they are not willing to play and put their families at risk. Not heard anything coming from the club in respect of any players not available due to such reasons but I assume there will be some announcements soon about the state of the squad.

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The season has only just announced restarting and we've already got some passive aggressive posts about a bloke who's played 3 times being an "amazing upgrade on Chilwell".

You'd have thought people would have learnt to.chill the **** out more after all this covid stuff, but i guess now football's coming back we're starting with the backhanded compliments and thinly-veiled attacks on our own players already.

If you're genuinely "gutted" over someone not being able to take the place of Chilwell I think you need to get your life priorities right.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I presume that any foreign players who have been at home during the lock down have already returned at the start of training? If not June 17 is going to be tight now there is an enforced quarantine in place with respect to people entering the country.

Also a few reports of some players (Troy Deaney  for one) saying that they are not willing to play and put their families at risk. Not heard anything coming from the club in respect of any players not available due to such reasons but I assume there will be some announcements soon about the state of the squad.

Fuchs, Kasper and Perez were away but all have returned. Pretty much everyone has been pictured training so we shouldn't have anyone missing barring known injuries. They had to return by last week so quarantine doesn't apply.

Deeny has stated he's happy to reume training and play, Kante is training but alone. Not sure anyone else publicly said they aren't returning.

48 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This is the thing that some of our fans struggle with, we’re 3rd in the league, are the likes of Pérez and Chilwell really that bad? No, they’re two top 4 players - one an England international and the other having more goal contributions than most wingers in the league apart from the Liverpool and Man City usuals. Is Scott McTominay really loads better than Hamza Choudhury, or Hudson-Odoi any better than Harvey Barnes? Neither Man U or Chelsea have a back up striker who’s been able to come off the bench and impact games like Iheanacho has this season. 

The table doesn’t lie, but still we’ve got a few getting on players backs or worrying about strength in depth. We’ll be fine. 

Many people think because it’s Man Utd or Chelsea, they’ve instantly got a better team or depth. It’s simply not true. We have got two players for pretty much every position that slot in and do a similar job. Not many other clubs can say that. 

5 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I believe this was at the request of Police forces probably due to historical issues between fans of the clubs or likelyhood of fan gatherings. Its better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

In that case it would better to play the Man U fixtures in Manchester being further away from their fan base. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

The season has only just announced restarting and we've already got some passive aggressive posts about a bloke who's played 3 times being an "amazing upgrade on Chilwell".

You'd have thought people would have learnt to.chill the **** out more after all this covid stuff, but i guess now football's coming back we're starting with the backhanded compliments and thinly-veiled attacks on our own players already.

If you're genuinely "gutted" over someone not being able to take the place of Chilwell I think you need to get your life priorities right.

I'm sorry but you can not rate Chilwell AND have used the ongoing pandemic to put things into perspective.

• Haha 1