Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

League to restart 17th June.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The prem is played at a higher tempo, higher physicality than most other leagues. Even if you aren't playing high tempo, fresh legs to secure up a lead is important. 

A lot of teams already buy squad players to improve their squad.  

As @Ric Flair has said, we don't have 5 game changers on the bench, but it'll certainly give youth players a potential opportunity to play.

..as I have said before, this only benefits the teams carrying large squads!!!

As a team with a very expensive bench you would be swapping virtually like for like. They do not have to be game changers, just the quality they bring to the table most teams can not match.

It has often been said that the Manchester's even United in their day could field a second team and compete for the top four.

I understand the safety aspect and this is scheduled to be in effect in untill December 2021, the idea of giving youth a chance is admirable but their are transfer windows about to come into play and due to the nature of this sport, it is a results business.

It may be naive to believe that clubs will be looking at implementing a youth policy down the line.

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

As a team with a very expensive bench you would be swapping virtually like for like. They do not have to be game changers, just the quality they bring to the table most teams can not match.

It has often been said that the Manchester's even United in their day could field a second team and compete for the top four.

I understand the safety aspect and this is scheduled to be in effect in untill December 2021, the idea of giving youth a chance is admirable but their are transfer windows about to come into play and due to the nature of this sport, it is a results business.

It may be naive to believe that clubs will be looking at implementing a youth policy down the line.

And it means those teams who play low possession high press can be more effective later in games as they have two extra fresh players to bring on.  You can change your entire front five ......I think they given our style and the fact we don’t have a deep squad, we’re one of the sides least suited by this change .....

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think it makes absolutely no difference.

Every team including the bottom feeders has a 25 man squad and every team will need to cover all positions with their subs in case of injury.  There will have to be a goalkeeper and cover for defence, midfield and attack.  Same as usual.  You could only make a case that it would benefit the bigger clubs if there was a larger pool of subs to choose from and I don't think this is the case.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Can you see relegation being scrapped if the Championship doesn't end as has been suggested?

Or somehow  no relegation but 3 teams comomg up ..

Which also has been muted as an idea but I cannot see the League allowing 23 teams next season given the extra match days that would be nedded.. and increase in relegation spots.

Personally feel  if the season ends as normal no one can complain about relegation really.

If we don't have relegation, let's just not start back up tbh.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
Can you see relegation being scrapped if the Championship doesn't end as has been suggested?

Which also has been muted as an idea but I cannot see the League allowing 23 teams next season given the extra match days that would be nedded.. and increase in relegation spots.

Personally feel  if the season ends as normal no one can complain about relegation really.

Don't worry mate -

Nigel's pretty good at bringing teams up from the Championship! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

If they are going through with starting up our league, for Sure teams will be relegated, absolutely nailed on

On 29/05/2020 at 18:00, Sampson said:

The season has only just announced restarting and we've already got some passive aggressive posts about a bloke who's played 3 times being an "amazing upgrade on Chilwell".

You'd have thought people would have learnt to.chill the **** out more after all this covid stuff, but i guess now football's coming back we're starting with the backhanded compliments and thinly-veiled attacks on our own players already.

If you're genuinely "gutted" over someone not being able to take the place of Chilwell I think you need to get your life priorities right.

I think you need a lesson in internet etiquette.

You telling someone on a football forum, that they need to get their life priorities straight because they posted an opinion of a player playing in a position, and you commented about passive aggressiveness whilst making an aggressive post.

You like chilwell, but it doesnt mean others cannot form an opinion that they feel someone else performed better than him.

The abuse been given out to anyone who dares post anything that is perceived as player criticism on here is getting out of hand.

Some facts for you.

Players dont need internet guardians, they not fragile little toddlers who need someone to protect them.

If someone posts an opinion that means your favourite player isn't favoured it is "not" a thinly-veiled attack.

People are allowed to post this sort of stuff, personally attacking them is not a polite way of refuting that criticism, post counter arguments, but attacking the poster is wrong.

Whats even more concerning is I wasnt even criticising Chilwell, I merely posted I wish Justin would replace him for more games, why? he performed much better when replacing him.  For me the team comes first, ahead of "any" player.  I couldn't care less if they have come through our youth system.

Now can you provide a counter argument, or will you just name call me, tell me I shouldn't have an opinion or something.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

John Percy breaks that the EFL to start June 20. 

21 hours ago, lestajigs said:

If they are going through with starting up our league, for Sure teams will be relegated, absolutely nailed on

Yes - looks like the Championship is starting again so should be a natural conclusion to the season.

21 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Don't worry mate -

Nigel's pretty good at bringing teams up from the Championship! 

If he stays !

On 31/05/2020 at 10:38, Super_horns said:

In an ideal world, they will manager to complete the games - bottom 3 relegated as normal

Even if they don't complete all games, then the bottom 3 should still get relegated. 

If they are even considering no relegation I can't see the point in even resuming playing, may as well not bother!

43 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Seems like the older grounds need some work to be done to them to be ready for the kick off.

teams may be asked to enter the field of play separately to minimise risk. "

They're going to be tackling and making actual body contact a few minutes later. Do I see a tendency to overdo it just to look good and caring?

• Like 3

Another take on the five subs rule.  Obviously the biggest clubs will benefit the most.  But whether or not our squad has “game-changers” … it does have goals and assists in it.

Check out this Athletic graphic showing goal contributions from “further down the bench”.  Our firepower is decent compared to much of the chasing pack.

BenchContribs.thumb.JPG.17cb62e7b9721cd6b612cb493d19e1ba.JPG

(these numbers are for players 15th and below in minutes -- for us Albrighton, Iheanacho and Gray)

I’ve no idea how Wolves would use five subs.  Nuno would probably croak if he had to.

• Like 1

Just because you can use 5 subs doesn't mean you have to.

While I have no doubt 5 subs would most benefit the richest and deepest clubs, there is a certain logic to using it for injury prevention when we're looking at underfit players and a packed schedule of matches.

15 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry for source, but there seems to be quite a few muttering this...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-to-approve-22118076

:blink:

Genuinely hate this. I know people have a big problem with the lack of atmosphere with "behind closed doors" but I'd 100% prefer the silence and listening to the players/coaching shouting than manufactured crowd noise. The crowd noise is in no way associated, linked or relevant to the game going on. It's either been mixed or recorded from another game for the purposes of a video game. What's the point in having such noises when the cameras will show empty stands, anyway?

It's ridiculous, and if it is introduced I hope it's an optional "Red Button" extra.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Genuinely hate this. I know people have a big problem with the lack of atmosphere with "behind closed doors" but I'd 100% prefer the silence and listening to the players/coaching shouting than manufactured crowd noise. The crowd noise is in no way associated, linked or relevant to the game going on. It's either been mixed or recorded from another game for the purposes of a video game. What's the point in having such noises when the cameras will show empty stands, anyway?

It's ridiculous, and if it is introduced I hope it's an optional "Red Button" extra.

It will be optional.

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Just because you can use 5 subs doesn't mean you have to.

While I have no doubt 5 subs would most benefit the richest and deepest clubs, there is a certain logic to using it for injury prevention when we're looking at underfit players and a packed schedule of matches.

Of course not … I doubt most clubs in the Bundesliga games so far have not used all five.  But that said, fitness and bench management will have much to do with results in this “short season”.

I read an interview with physios who stated it takes several weeks of full training and gradual match buildup to get to 100% match fitness.  By match fitness they meant the combination of split second changes, explosive movement and 90 minute endurance that can’t be fully kept up in a home gym. 

We’ve seen in Germany, squads not fully match fit and frequent lapses (e.g. cheap tactical fouls from defenders who didn’t react to a run or couldn’t keep up).

So in 2-1/2 weeks, few (none?) will yet be ready to play 90’ at their best.  The ability to use extra subs will be a weapon for those who have good subs and know how to use them.  Just having your team closer to 100% match fitness will be an advantage. 

The Watford match will be more on the level of a late July tune up, than a midseason PL match.  While you’d expect these managers to have their sides as ready as anyone … Iheanacho for Vardy at 65’ may actually be a good thing if Pearson’s only fresh legs belong to Craig Dawson.  Food for thought.