Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

54 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

as someone who has very little knowledge of investments and stock patterns, just out of interest (I have no investment in GME) what do we think will happen by the end of the day today i.e gains, losses or largely no movement.

Not a fvcking clue lol  It's already peaked and troughed a bit in pre-market sales.  The conventional knowledge now seems to be that it's a war of attrition between the HF shorters and the institutional investors putting their clout behind the retail crowd, but as long as nobody sells what they're holding and as long as holders don't allow their shares to be lent out then the HFs will eventually run out of moves to extricate themselves from the corner they're in at which point they'll have to buy a ton of shares and send the price skyrocketing.   But that just me paraphrasing what I've read from a bunch of randoms on the internet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

as someone who has very little knowledge of investments and stock patterns, just out of interest (I have no investment in GME) what do we think will happen by the end of the day today i.e gains, losses or largely no movement.

Whether true, or just lying to cover further loses, but a few of the major short-sellers, Citron and Melvin, bailed out of GME a few days ago with their tails between their legs.  Remember the initial rise was to spite, and profit from (thanks :D), those two in particular (amongst others).  As with all investments, ask why you expect it go up (rhetorical question as I've no idea.  I concur with the Llama who described it perfectly "not a effing clue"!

Whatever happens, great fun has been had and it's raised some really serious questions regarding the relationship between "city" and "home" traders which is a good thing.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-27/melvin-capital-closes-out-its-gamestop-position-cnbc-reports

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not a fvcking clue lol  It's already peaked and troughed a bit in pre-market sales.  The conventional knowledge now seems to be that it's a war of attrition between the HF shorters and the institutional investors putting their clout behind the retail crowd, but as long as nobody sells what they're holding and as long as holders don't allow their shares to be lent out then the HFs will eventually run out of moves to extricate themselves from the corner they're in at which point they'll have to buy a ton of shares and send the price skyrocketing.   But that just me paraphrasing what I've read from a bunch of randoms on the internet.

That's a good analogy of events. 

Except to add my understanding is that the Hedge Funds have to settle by a certain date. And many of them won't be able to because of the sums involved. The more the Citizen Warriors drive up the price the less likely that the Hedge funds will be able to extricate themselves. Consequently they will go out of business.

Equally though people are holding shares in a company with little hope of recovery, And many of them are prepared to lose their investment just to bring some of the Hedge funds down,

Their actions are admiral. 

52 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

VXRT closed the day 30% up and it's currently another 10% up in the after hours market.

Could somebody explain what it means that about 34% of it's stock is shorted?

Does this mean it's likely to increase the price?

20210201_221911.jpg

Fvcks sake I sold my VXRT shares to yolo more into GME.  I'm not very good at this stock lark lol

Speaking of, it's been another interesting day on the GME front.  Etoro have emerged as the latest villains, forcing stop-losses onto new trades, effectively forcing lots of people out of their positions during the ladder attack, helping its momentum even.  The lawsuits and regulatory fallout from this are going to be headlines for years I reckon.  The stock market and its rigging by the heavy players have been a not-so-secret secret for a long time but this affair has well and truly brought it all into the light.  The mainstream media are in full collusion mode too with their phony articles saying the shorts are out (hoping to discourage people from holding their stock in the belief that the squeeze is no longer on), or the ones saying the reddit crowd have moved onto silver (based on comments by brand new accounts with like 2 posts and no karma (rep points)) hoping to trick people into selling up and moving over, making it easier for the shorts to get out of dodge.  It's been a wild ride and it's still going strong.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fvcks sake I sold my VXRT shares to yolo more into GME.  I'm not very good at this stock lark lol

Speaking of, it's been another interesting day on the GME front.  Etoro have emerged as the latest villains, forcing stop-losses onto new trades, effectively forcing lots of people out of their positions during the ladder attack, helping its momentum even.  The lawsuits and regulatory fallout from this are going to be headlines for years I reckon.  The stock market and its rigging by the heavy players have been a not-so-secret secret for a long time but this affair has well and truly brought it all into the light.  The mainstream media are in full collusion mode too with their phony articles saying the shorts are out (hoping to discourage people from holding their stock in the belief that the squeeze is no longer on), or the ones saying the reddit crowd have moved onto silver (based on comments by brand new accounts with like 2 posts and no karma (rep points)) hoping to trick people into selling up and moving over, making it easier for the shorts to get out of dodge.  It's been a wild ride and it's still going strong.

It's unbelievable what the "news" in America are getting away with. If you look on the WSB Reddit, all the people with any insight are saying absolutely no one has bought any significant shares in silver. It's completely fabricated. Hopefully the wider public will have a look themselves because imo this is the most blatant lie the media have ever come up with, and I imagine it's going to cost a handful of idiots their life savings. Seriously it's as bad as those people on Rogue Traders who force the elderly into buying a new driveway for £10,000 and then never show up

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've followed the situation with interest since the Robin Hood fiasco of last week. This EToro business is at least as bad and should be highlighted as a scandal in itself. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks, months & years as a result, given the spotlight on the whole situation.

I tried a pump and dump a few years ago, only problem was it was over in minutes, so buy the time I'd bought my stock and it processed and I got onto the sell screen, it had already lost about 95% of it's value lol Luckily I only dipped in with 40 quid haha.

Still sat with my 127 shares, waiting for district0X to pick up again :D

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

GME fell off a cliff, but slowly bouncing back. Currently 54% down on my investment. 

If it gets anywhere near breaking even again, I'll cut my losses and learn my lesson! 

Idgaf what happens, my shares are never going back into the marketplace unless the price breaks into the thousands.  But I've already covered my losses so you do you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Great job dude, man do I feel like a lemon selling that one

Made another 60 quid on that before close. Up 50% today.

Phase 1 trial data due to be released tomorrow and word of a short squeeze happening.

Could still be time to get in and make a tidy profit :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tom27111 said:

GME fell off a cliff, but slowly bouncing back. Currently 54% down on my investment. 

If it gets anywhere near breaking even again, I'll cut my losses and learn my lesson! 

I read today this is due to ladder attacks and these can't happen after today so it could rise again tomorrow but alot of people probably running scared. 

I don't even know if the above is correct as I've been in work all day, but it's hardly worth cashing out of my gme anyway so happy to risk it

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I read today this is due to ladder attacks and these can't happen after today so it could rise again tomorrow but alot of people probably running scared. 

I don't even know if the above is correct as I've been in work all day, but it's hardly worth cashing out of my gme anyway so happy to risk it

I put about 200 quid in and it's worth about £70 at the minute.

I'll sit on it and see what happens, no point in getting out now.

I put roughly the same in to Vaxart and that's now worth over £550, so I'm well up at the minute.

This is too much drama. I initially opened as a long term investment plan and was aiming for 10 to 15% growth per year! 

Edited by tom27111

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I put about 200 quid in and it's worth about £70 at the minute.

I'll sit on it and see what happens, no point in getting out now.

I put roughly the same in to Vaxart and that's now worth over £550, so I'm well up at the minute.

This is too much drama. I initially opened as a long term investment plan and was aiming for 10 to 15% growth per year! 

Yeah I only put £50 in knowing it could go either way. I'll see what happens today before I do anything. Vaxart sparing my blushes too 🤣 

BPC perseverance 1 results due anytime in the next 2 weeks. 
A hedge fund has been selling off shares for the last week which has kept the price down but it’s staring to rise in anticipation of the results now. 
Fingers crossed for a big strike and good luck to those invested. 

Edit to say, the hedge fund sell off isn’t a concern for me, it’s quite clear in the media that they’ve been forced into it by environmentalists. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert