Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

This both main consoles or just PS4? AllΒ people I’ve seen on Twitter are PS4.

Β 

Crossing my fingers that the Xbox ones haven’t been sent yet!Β If they have I’m missing out again this year.

13 hours ago, stu said:

Β 

Crossing my fingers that the Xbox ones haven’t been sent yet!Β If they have I’m missing out again this year.

I got an Xbox one yesterday.

Β 

Not too fussed either because I'm only going to get it on the new console. The gameplay last year was genuinely poor for the first time in about 15 years as opposed to just being ok. They really haven't innovated well since about FIFA 15 and FUT has kind of killed it.

Β 

Shame there's no next gen PES as with a bit of backing that's got way more potential but still hardly amazing

18 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I got an Xbox one yesterday.

Β 

Not too fussed either because I'm only going to get it on the new console. The gameplay last year was genuinely poor for the first time in about 15 years as opposed to just being ok. They really haven't innovated well since about FIFA 15 and FUT has kind of killed it.

Β 

Shame there's no next gen PES as with a bit of backing that's got way more potential but still hardly amazing

I guess you know, butΒ if you buy it now for current generation it will transferΒ to theΒ next gen console and your FUT accounts will work between them, so you only have to buy it once?

31 minutes ago, stu said:

I guess you know, butΒ if you buy it now for current generation it will transferΒ to theΒ next gen console and your FUT accounts will work between them, so you only have to buy it once?

Yeah I'd probably just prefer to wait and I'm so over FUT now. No idea if it's actually going to be different as the first one on this generation was but I get the feeling this will just be a graphical upgrade. They really need to move to a new game engine which isn't happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

Been playing a bit of Career Mode beta (just a couple of games into the season). It's visually the same as always, but to be fair on the face of it it seems like there might be a couple of refreshing tweaks, far too soon to see what impact the training has, but it's obviously been a focus. Plus a couple of bits brought back or stolen from FM help. Probably not enough to buy it - but if they'd put in similar effort to career mode every year then we'd have a pretty good game by now.

Signing Adama Traore to Leicester is cheating. Flies past any RB in the game, and then you can just wait for Vardy to tee up a tap in. Breezing past sides on the highest difficulty just doing that.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 22:44, stu said:

Β 

Mine's on XBox.

• Like 1

Hated 20 with a passion. Haven't played it for months and very unlikely to again. From what I've read of this years, nothings changed and they'll still charge a fortune for it.

Β 

Got PES 20 through gamepass (play FIFA on PS) and the gameplay is so much better, and with what they're doing with this years installment is absolutely the right way to go. There's never been enough changes to warrant Β£40-50 every year and I think Konami could hit EA this yearΒ 

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

What can I expect from the beta. Got codes before but never bothered but am going to this time. I have career mode access, will it be like just playing a normal Fifa game? Will bits be missing? I'm so new to all this I know nothing.

I think you'd be better off giving the code to one of us that plays all the time, since we expect it to be sh*t.

Β 

:D

Β 

Β 

Used to loveΒ FIFA back in the day, but the last timeΒ I bought at or near release was β€˜13. I bought β€˜15 & β€˜19 near the end of their cycleΒ and was just about worth the Β£20 I paid up for them. EA are the absolute frontrunners in offering the bareΒ minimum year-on-year, in fact the games producedΒ in the 2010sΒ strippedΒ out more features than they added especially inΒ career modeΒ and that’s my only real interest.Β 
Β 

How they manage year on year to get folks to cough up Β£60 (I see it’s Β£90 for the Ultimate edition this year) I have absolutely no idea. Fair play if it’s what people enjoy, but the amount of anger I see year on year, the complaining about how awful the releases continueΒ to get whilst they line EA’s pockets annually without fail, is insane. I honestly think if people took the plunge and either took to PES or went cold turkey and continued to play on their last copy they wouldn’t miss it at all. It usuallyΒ seems to come down to not wanting to missΒ out playing with mates, which if that’s what you play it for, is fair enough.Β 
Β 

To think once upon a time you could create your own club, add in a badge you could upload online and into your game, alongside a full custom squadΒ of players, pick your sponsor for the year andΒ upgrade your stadium. I see they’ve added a few new features to career mode, which is a step in the right direction, but all those features I mentioned (which could be expanded on with the power of the new consoles) are still missing from 10 instalments ago. Until there’s a comprehensive career mode and not just total focus on their money spinner FUT then I see no reason to pay out for a FIFA game for full price.