Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Are people going to keep buying this trash year on year? 

Unfortunately, yes.

Although, I think the numbers will take a hit this year. People have finally started to wake up. FIFA 20 was an abomination that has rightly angered many who spent their cash on it.

I found this video pretty interesting.

1 minute ago, Kyuubi said:

Yup

I enjoy it, Ultimate team for me is a really fun game mode even though my pack luck is trash, but I enjoy the trading aspect and working towards an epic team. Ive never spent a penny on points and never will.

I also play pro clubs with friends on there throughout the year.

despite Fifa having its many flaws... its the one game that keeps me occupied all year

That's your decision naturally, but FIFA will never change as long as they keep raking it in from stupid loot box microtransactions. 

It's why the only good game mode - Pro Clubs - gets no updates as EA get no monetary value off people playing it. And why would they if they don't receive any financial benefits? 

Ultimate team - all that fvcking money on a random chance and for what? Them to make the game instantly void by releasing another one a year on where you have to repeat and start all over again. 

The sooner loot boxes are banned in games that are not below an 18 rating the better. 

• Thanks 1

New icons for 21, i was hoping for players like batistuta or romario, but im glad they included puskas. him and etoo will probably be OP

Most of the others will probably be slow so unless they drastically change the gameplay they will probably be trash

FB_IMG_1597073365368.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

That's your decision naturally, but FIFA will never change as long as they keep raking it in from stupid loot box microtransactions. 

It's why the only good game mode - Pro Clubs - gets no updates as EA get no monetary value off people playing it. And why would they if they don't receive any financial benefits? 

Ultimate team - all that fvcking money on a random chance and for what? Them to make the game instantly void by releasing another one a year on where you have to repeat and start all over again. 

The sooner loot boxes are banned in games that are not below an 18 rating the better. 

absolutely agree with you mate, its criminal theyve done nothing with pro clubs. Ultimate team for them is a cash cow and theyll milk the hell out of it. Its up to governments to intervene like how they banned it in Belgium. ultimately its up to the individual, i really wish people wouldn't spend money on points but I can understand why they do. 

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

absolutely agree with you mate, its criminal theyve done nothing with pro clubs. Ultimate team for them is a cash cow and theyll milk the hell out of it. Its up to governments to intervene like how they banned it in Belgium. ultimately its up to the individual, i really wish people wouldn't spend money on points but I can understand why they do. 

If people learnt to trade or spot trends in SBCs they wouldn't need to spend on fifa points. 

Its easy if you give it a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

If people learnt to trade or spot trends in SBCs they wouldn't need to spend on fifa points. 

Its easy if you give it a try.

Kids won't learn though Ashley. EA knows that.

All kids want is one over on their mates and they'll do whatever it takes to get it the quickest.

• Like 3

I'm sure I'll get it and once again, try to put as little money into it afterwards.

As mentioned, such a shame that the best game mode "Pro Clubs", gets no attention from EA. 

The new FUT trailer only "wows" people like MattHDgamer, that make a living off playing it. It looks exactly the same with a few cosmetic changes.

Everyone should have a chance at using the best players in the game and that should be achieved by playing the game a lot. No icon should cost 10+ million coins. 

Give players a baby icon early on and after playing 100 games with that player, a chance to upgrade to the middle version or trade for another icon.

None of this type of idea would ever occur to the "fine" people that make Fifa at EA though, unfortunately.

20 hours ago, Adster said:

Are people going to keep buying this trash year on year? 

I strongly encourage to hit EA where it really hurts - their pockets. Stop buying this game or wasting your money on stupid chance-based microtransactions that continue to sucker kids and vulnerable people to gambling. 

As much as I'd agree with you, they're still raking it in with that horrendous business model so why would they change it? Kids have to buy it year after year becasue all their mates do and they want to keep playing Pro Clubs or whatever. I was the same through 08 to maybe 11/12 but I haven't touched it in years now. 

Ultimate team ruined the franchise imo. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

All the football twitter virgins love ultimate team which should tell you everything you need to know 

Think the game mode itself and the whole idea of a weekend league were good. You take the cash grab away and it still is a good game mode imo. 

Won't happen without government support though. Even if the average user decided not to buy the game, there's enough "problem gamblers" pumping money into it to make it well worthwhile. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Think the game mode itself and the whole idea of a weekend league were good. You take the cash grab away and it still is a good game mode imo. 

Won't happen without government support though. Even if the average user decided not to buy the game, there's enough "problem gamblers" pumping money into it to make it well worthwhile. 

Totally. The concept is excellent. Giving you the flexibility to set your team, build the chemistry, customise your squads and battle against others - great concept. 

Unfortunately as EA do with every fcking game the monetisation has completely ruined it and the fact that you cannot even transfer any in-game wealth over the the next version a year later just shows how little they care about the gameplay. Exploiting children by throwing gambling mechanics and other bullshit features (like the "Walkout" mechanic) to make you think you've had a good gamble is pathetic and is the sole reason why I will not give any more money to the trash company. 

The pro clubs 'changes' are actually depressing - I get it doesn't fleece players for tons of cash, but jesus christ, it is popular and has potential surely. Being able to give a left back a bowl cut and switch tactics is laughable and middle finger to all the players. Cant wait for the bugs and broken game elements to remain too, i.e broken midfield builds, broken positioning, shite cups, etc.

I just checked the Volta deep dive and it is mental. Nobody even touches the game mode and they do a huge update and even have a q&a going with the dev team. Do EA just hate clubs? Is Volta some vanity project by someone? 

This has turned into a bit of a rant and I'm still going to buy fifa 21 cus I'm a twat.

Edit you cant even carry your pro over to fifa 21 on the ps5 if you upgrade. You can on volta and fut though lmao

Edited by lgfualol

42 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

The pro clubs 'changes' are actually depressing - I get it doesn't fleece players for tons of cash, but jesus christ, it is popular and has potential surely. Being able to give a left back a bowl cut and switch tactics is laughable and middle finger to all the players. Cant wait for the bugs and broken game elements to remain too, i.e broken midfield builds, broken positioning, shite cups, etc.

I just checked the Volta deep dive and it is mental. Nobody even touches the game mode and they do a huge update and even have a q&a going with the dev team. Do EA just hate clubs? Is Volta some vanity project by someone? 

This has turned into a bit of a rant and I'm still going to buy fifa 21 cus I'm a twat.

Edit you cant even carry your pro over to fifa 21 on the ps5 if you upgrade. You can on volta and fut though lmao

Don't do it man, its part of the problem...

Find a different game. One that genuinely cares about its community and doesn't intend to milk players year on year...

This is the first one since Fifa 08 (which I didn't buy at all) that I won't be getting on release date. For the first time in a long time I have no interest in it, career mode is crap, UT is scripted and pro clubs gets no updates ever. Volta is shockingly bad too. Hopefully I'll resist getting it all year round, but in a few months time curiosity might get the better of me.

55 minutes ago, Adster said:

Don't do it man, its part of the problem...

Find a different game. One that genuinely cares about its community and doesn't intend to milk players year on year...

Yeah I get this. Problem is I have been playing in a pretty great team for a few years now, I'd miss playing too much and quite good pals with a few of them.

Edited by lgfualol