Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

2 hours ago, stu said:

I tried it, but whilst I like the 3 at the back, I miss the width of playing wingers and I found that the wing backs aren't as naturally as advanced and involved as I'd like them to be. I'm using the same custom tactics but in a 3-4-1-2 formation instead.

Do you not find that Son in particular is wasted in that formation?

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

I had both my wing backs set to get forward and they both seemed to do it to be fair, yea Son was the 1 I didn’t really want to use as a wing back but I didn’t have another winger/cm I felt would work as a wing back or cb but he managed to pop up with a few goals/assists and done a job defensively so I guess he’s doing alright... the WL be make or break though (still debating if it’s worth actually playing said mode) , I tend to sub off dalglish so I would usually end up sticking him up top in the second half anyway! 

defensively and offensively It just seemed to click but like I say only used it a few games so far so plenty of time/with the latest patch it may unravel 

5-2-1-2/5-3-2 has been my go to formation on fifa for a while. 

I always use my DPad and put wingback set to get forward as well as the instructions pre game. 

Sometimes in game I'll go to a 4321 false 9. Basically Liverpool real life formation. 

I take off Stones, Vardy and Kane and go Sterling, Son(F9) and Mahrez. 

All 3 midfielders are set to cover middle and Ndidi is set to stay back can work really well especially on the counter.

Have to admit, I've received some hate messages from people who don't know how to combat the 5-2-1-2 formation... calling me boring etc 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stu said:

I tried it, but whilst I like the 3 at the back, I miss the width of playing wingers and I found that the wing backs aren't as naturally as advanced and involved as I'd like them to be. I'm using the same custom tactics but in a 3-4-1-2 formation instead.

Do you not find that Son in particular is wasted in that formation?

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I had both my wing backs set to get forward and they both seemed to do it to be fair, yea Son was the 1 I didn’t really want to use as a wing back but I didn’t have another winger/cm I felt would work as a wing back or cb but he managed to pop up with a few goals/assists and done a job defensively so I guess he’s doing alright... the WL be make or break though (still debating if it’s worth actually playing said mode) , I tend to sub off dalglish so I would usually end up sticking him up top in the second half anyway! 

defensively and offensively It just seemed to click but like I say only used it a few games so far so plenty of time/with the latest patch it may unravel 

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

5-2-1-2/5-3-2 has been my go to formation on fifa for a while. 

I always use my DPad and put wingback set to get forward as well as the instructions pre game. 

Sometimes in game I'll go to a 4321 false 9. Basically Liverpool real life formation. 

I take off Stones, Vardy and Kane and go Sterling, Son(F9) and Mahrez. 

All 3 midfielders are set to cover middle and Ndidi is set to stay back can work really well especially on the counter.

Have to admit, I've received some hate messages from people who don't know how to combat the 5-2-1-2 formation... calling me boring etc 😂

@stu, I’ve had same experience as Ashley and dbt on the switch. It’s actually really attacking if you play it with the right instructions. I’m have defend set to 4 width and 5 depth but then when attacking I’m up to 7 width and 6 for players in box. Balanced def/attack 

wingbacks are UEL Live Portu on right and baby Bobby Carlos on left. Settings are join attack, overlap and, I think most importantly, conservative interceptions. Helps them with stamina and you can always manually press. They track but don’t overly chase. 

On CMs, like Ash, all cover centre. I have Kante as holding mid - stay back, cover centre. LCM is record breaker David Silva (shadow) and RCM is baby Nedved: all default, except get into box and cover centre. 

up top I have freeze Aouar and baby van Basten all default except stay centre. 

creates some great overloads. On play style you just have to play through middle and hold the ball a little longer if you want to put out wide to give wingbacks time to join. Helps with packed defences as you can recycle and wait for opening. 

Only weakness is when EA decides your CBs can’t tackle and they run over you. Not many people have overlapping full backs so I’ve not experienced what happens in real life which is doubling up. 

I love it. Actually feels less meta and frantic. Just need to adapt a little. Also helps me as a terrible skiller. 

in other news. Double tap through balls (yeah I’m late to party) are a game changer for me. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

@stu, I’ve had same experience as Ashley and dbt on the switch. It’s actually really attacking if you play it with the right instructions. I’m have defend set to 4 width and 5 depth but then when attacking I’m up to 7 width and 6 for players in box. Balanced def/attack 

wingbacks are UEL Live Portu on right and baby Bobby Carlos on left. Settings are join attack, overlap and, I think most importantly, conservative interceptions. Helps them with stamina and you can always manually press. They track but don’t overly chase. 

On CMs, like Ash, all cover centre. I have Kante as holding mid - stay back, cover centre. LCM is record breaker David Silva (shadow) and RCM is baby Nedved: all default, except get into box and cover centre. 

up top I have freeze Aouar and baby van Basten all default except stay centre. 

creates some great overloads. On play style you just have to play through middle and hold the ball a little longer if you want to put out wide to give wingbacks time to join. Helps with packed defences as you can recycle and wait for opening. 

Only weakness is when EA decides your CBs can’t tackle and they run over you. Not many people have overlapping full backs so I’ve not experienced what happens in real life which is doubling up. 

I love it. Actually feels less meta and frantic. Just need to adapt a little. Also helps me as a terrible skiller. 

in other news. Double tap through balls (yeah I’m late to party) are a game changer for me. 

Ok, so I have these custom tactics.

Aside from the wingbacks point, which has been addressed (thanks lads) another slight annoyance is that I also miss the player in the CAM formation to play the 1-2’s to get the ball to the strikers. 

I guess with the 5-3-2 the 1-2’s should be played with the wingbacks instead to transition the ball from defence to midfield to attack?

626C50DA-A34B-4B8B-9260-5DE30AACAC0A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Thefoxman said:

Wy have you got Ndidi n Vardy wrong way round mate?

I can answer that, it's for chemistry reasons to get Rooney on 10 chemistry.

I assume Ash has a preset formation in game which swaps Vardy and Ndidi into their correct positions that he selects using the D pad.

You can create preset formations in custom tactics that you change in game by using the D pad which can change the formations, play styles and positions of players which doesn't affect the starting chemistry.

11 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Wy have you got Ndidi n Vardy wrong way round mate?

4 minutes ago, stu said:

I can answer that, it's for chemistry reasons to get Rooney on 10 chemistry.

I assume Ash has a preset formation in game which swaps Vardy and Ndidi into their correct positions that he selects using the D pad.

You can create preset formations in custom tactics that you change in game by using the D pad which can change the formations, play styles and positions of players which doesn't affect the starting chemistry.

What Stu said. 

Chem reasons then switch in game. Only way to get Rooney on 10 chem with the players I have sir. 

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What Stu said. 

Chem reasons then switch in game. Only way to get Rooney on 10 chem with the players I have sir. 

I assume you play Rooney in midfield looking at the attacking options you already have in that team? Is that his best position rather than as a striker do you think?

12 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Can’t decide on Rooney. On one hand he looks really good and is decent value (200k less than Sabitzer 😂). On the other hand he doesn’t fit my team and not sure he will really.

Anyone in the same position?

Exactly the same. Crazy good card, but literally doesn’t fit anywhere in my team. Don’t have the fodder either. So if I did him it would be with coins and would be a super sub, which seems like a waste. However I have a nagging feeling I’d regret it in the future if I didn’t.

C89A89FF-CF06-4F50-AC50-00140F32B13B.jpeg

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Can’t decide on Rooney. On one hand he looks really good and is decent value (200k less than Sabitzer 😂). On the other hand he doesn’t fit my team and not sure he will really.

Anyone in the same position?

Ive used him as a striker but despite the stats didnt really click so went back to vardy with rooney behind as a cam. Still unsure but it was an improvement. May have him as a super sub when i switch to 424 when chasing a game. I only used fodder so no loss really.

1 hour ago, stu said:

I assume you play Rooney in midfield looking at the attacking options you already have in that team? Is that his best position rather than as a striker do you think?

Rooney as CAM yeah. Need a replacement for Kane I think. Rooney scored 3 in 3 so far and 2 assists. Beastly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stu said:

Aside from the wingbacks point, which has been addressed (thanks lads) another slight annoyance is that I also miss the player in the CAM formation to play the 1-2’s to get the ball to the strikers. 

I guess with the 5-3-2 the 1-2’s should be played with the wingbacks instead to transition the ball from defence to midfield to attack?

I have 1 cm set to stay back (Kante) and the other 2 Toty KDB and Rooney in balanced along with get into the box for crosses and both of them are usually making decent runs to get the 1 2s going... they also tend to get quite a few goals with their runs off the ball

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stu said:

He can literally play anywhere through the middle, I have him at cm and he’s just a monster creates/scores so much and when it comes to defending he’s a tank! Having him and KDB is actually making me want to play the game for the first time in a while

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stu said:

6 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I have 1 cm set to stay back (Kante) and the other 2 Toty KDB and Rooney in balanced along with get into the box for crosses and both of them are usually making decent runs to get the 1 2s going... they also tend to get quite a few goals with their runs off the ball

Stu, once again dbt is on the same page as me. Actually feel that with the single holder (Kante for me) the other two (David Silva and Nedved) can bomb on. Balanced and get into box makes them more attacking that stay forward. Wingbacks deffo are attacking but it just takes them 3-5 seconds (just watch the radar) to get into position but you can then unleash almighty throughballs in behind the opposing full backs and then either cross, cut in or pull it back 

@dbtcity also is a v good player. Handed me my a55 a few times but when I was playing 19 (this is a journey back to the dark side). We did have horrendous latency though, me in Houston and him in Lestoh. I’m on PS4 if you or anyone else, ever fancies a game and a win. 

So, I’m really thinking I’m gonna do Rooney and get him CM instead of David Silva. Team I’m going for in game (I can get all on 10s except Bobby C) below... check marks for those I have so far. Anyone heard of Guardiola and how he might be? He’d come in for Kante for chem reasons but also seems a slight upgrade. Thoughts or as it’ll rinse my club and I’m broke (have 20k so need to sell some players) or should I just wait for future stars promo? Guess there is always FOMO! 

5BEC37C8-C473-4AE2-8B46-2ED0B168A341.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1