Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Names/Profile Pictures

Hi all

Hope you are all well and surviving lockdown? Obviously some of our online names and/or profile pictures are obvious but just thought it might be worth having a thread where people can explain the more obscure ones should they see fit.

Not that anyone really cares but I chose my name on a whim based on one of my favourite films “Rumble Fish” and my picture is the cover of a book by Olaf Stapledon called Odd John that I just always really liked. I’m a big believer in always judging a book by its cover. X 

6BD29E84-AFBB-4EBF-B67C-ED0D68BFE124.jpeg

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

Mine is Bronn from Game of Thrones.   I have got in a bit of habit to update my profile picture with my favourite character from TV shows whenever I finished all seasons with the show being deactivated.   I have been previously Logan from 24,  Hooked Handed Man from A Series of Unfortuane Events amongst others I can remember.   I am close to finishing 13 Reasons Why so it would be probably Clay next.  

• Like 1

My name is in fact Jonathan.  ****ed up isn't it?

A colleague used to call me Jon the Hat many years ago and about the time I joined FT, so it sort of stuck.  He was a Coventry fan.

I look a bit like Louis Theroux (or I did when I had more hair) so I had a pic of Louis with a beard for years, until another poster who likes Louis but not my politics made me this cap so he could continue to not be annoyed with my picture in the poltics thread.  Being a friendly sort of chap I changed my picture.  Might change it back soon :)

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 2

A contraction of a contraction of a random word I came up over a decade ago to call one of my villages in the browser game Travian. No idea why this one stuck...

The avatar is just the FoxesTalk logo with a pride flag added - fairly self-explanatory...

• Like 2

The real Alf Bentley was briefly a legendary manager of Folkestone Town, the club I grew up supporting.

Legendary firstly as he brought the club some success - nobody else ever did (though his old centre-back/centre-forward is now triumphing at successor club Folkestone Invicta & is the longest-serving manager in the pyramid - 23 years).

Legendary secondly as he was a controversial character: e.g. I saw him swing a punch at opposing fans & saw a referee refuse to leave the pitch at H/T as Alf was waiting for him in the tunnel. Long since RIP, sadly, as is the original club.

I started off as Sir Alf Bentley, as Bentley deserved a knighthood more than Ramsey. But legendary lost FT poster Zingari alerted me to the risk that people might not get the joke and might just think I was an arrogant twat.

This hadn't occurred to me, but is why I lost the knighthood.

I used to have a picture of the real Alf and one of myself as a grinning 4-year-old (still recognisable now). 

My picture now is of the 3 great LCFC managers who brought us the PL title: NP, Walsh & Cambiasso. I'm deeply disappointed that I've not taken any abuse from rabid Ranieri fans, but it might be a slow burner.

• Like 3

I've explained it on here before, but Facecloth comes from a misunderstanding whilst playing football when I was about 15. All my mates referred to me by my then last name, Aistrup, someone misheard and and thought they were calling me Facecloth.

The picture is obviously Nigel Pearson. Saw the picture used on an article prior to the 2014/15 season and thought the expression summed how we all feel a lot of the time lol

37 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Actually I think before my current one my profile pic was Lorne Malvo. X 

I remember it, in his disguise.

I chose the name Tuna after a character in the movie Blow.

Guest seanfox778

Hi my name is Sean. The fox is to do with Leicester and no idea about 778, i wasn't born in '78 or anything, the combination of the words seven seven eight, said moderately fast, just seemed to roll off the tongue and from that moment, I just knew what my Internet name was destined to be. 

Edited by seanfox778
Spelling

Very corny but named after Davie Gibson my all time favourite player.

My Avatar was my entry into a Foxestalk Graphics Competition to design a new LCFC Logo -It didn't win :dunno::cry:

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I always think Rumble Fox sounds like a sad attempt at sounding hard. “Oi oi!!! Who fancies a facken rumble?!?”. X 

After explaining why I lost the "Sir" from my name, I was wondering if I should change my name to HumbleFox.