Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Names/Profile Pictures

Publius Ovidius Naso or Ovid to his mates. 

A Roman poet, famous quote ‘Be patient and tough someday this pain will be useful to you”

Pretty much summed up the 2015/16 season after 40 years of supporting this club. 

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

It has nothing to do with Frank Sinatra.

Pondo Sinatra is the main character in a film from 1985 called Party Animal.  He goes to college but struggles with the ladies so sells his soul to the devil, invents an aphrodisiac, becomes irresistible to the opposite sex & eventually dies in a stampede of fat women.

It's Bronson in my favourite scene from my favourite film

That sounds a fun film. I could have done with the devil's services like that in younger life, though not the stampede.

Harmonica v. Frank shoot-out from Once Upon A Time in the West as posted among the Morricone tributes the other day?

That was so chilling the first time I saw that shoot-out, especially the flashback. Love the slow, extended intro with the dudes at the station, too. Love the whole film, in fact.  

The Clint spaghetti westerns were great fun, but that's on a quite different level. Absolute masterpiece from history, plot and casting to visuals, soundtrack, humour, shifting mood.....

• Like 3

My name represents the animal associated with my two favourite teams

in order of preference 

Wolves (Wolf)

Leicester (Fox)

Avtar…. Who doesn’t like a stuffed squirrel galloping around on a horse?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

My name represents the animal associated with my two favourite teams

in order of preference 

Wolves (Wolf)

Leicester (Fox)

Avtar…. Who doesn’t like a stuffed squirrel galloping around on a horse?

I would clear this up if I were you.

This reads like you are a Wolves fan before you are a Leicester fan?  ...Rather than Wolf being your name.

Unless that's what you intended in which case I renounce you and deny any previous association whatsoever.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Well this is a shock.  

You'd be surprised the Francophobic comments I've received in the past. lol

I chose the name simply because I was recently back from Paris when I joined FT and loved it. Having said that, my French affinity is not all that great, I've never been to France again, unless you count passing through it, though there are parts I'd love to visit.

Good idea for a thread. It’s fun finding out little bits of information about you lot.

RoboCop is one of my favourite films, and I’d recently seen it when I was choosing my username. I couldn’t think of anything else and I was probably a bit drunk.

My profile pic was a random image board post that I found and changed on Photoshop. I’d hoped people would make the connection between my username and a depiction of a cyborg fox, but it seems to have gone over some heads still... My IRL name isn’t anything to do with Rob, Robbo or even Robinson which a few have referred to me as over the years.

I’ve never changed it as I tend to identify a lot of users by their profile pics. I kinda assumed everyone else did too.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 2

I've had the "spacemunky" name on forums/messenger/etc pretty much since I've been online.

Ive been asked if if was inspired by Tyler Durden's quote from Fight Club. Love the film, but I had the name a few years before it came out in '99.

It was really just something random and since "spacemonkey" was taken(on either yahoo or AOL lol), I went with the "munky" spelling after Korn's guitarist.

My current profile pic is the kit of the team from where my dad was born and the team he supported: Notts County.

• Like 1