Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Despite Kasper making several important saves?

Brendan's tactic change was beyond confusing.

Cags needs to take a hefty blame for that completely unnecessary thug like behaviour. We could have come back and at least grabbed a point with 11 men on the pitch!

As for the penalty, it's soft, ref was desperate to give something to help them on their way tonight. As suspected, the football gods don't want us in the top four. It'll be like this in every game now for the run in.

Oh come on we can't keep blaming the ref. Kasper cost us the penalty simple as that. Yes he's probably been our best player before this game post lockdown but he has to take some blame (10%) at least as that goal knocked us back! Even he came out and said so in his interview. 

5 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Despite Kasper making several important saves?

Brendan's tactic change was beyond confusing.

Cags needs to take a hefty blame for that completely unnecessary thug like behaviour. We could have come back and at least grabbed a point with 11 men on the pitch!

As for the penalty, it's soft, ref was desperate to give something to help them on their way tonight. As suspected, the football gods don't want us in the top four. It'll be like this in every game now for the run in.

He clipped him mate, in the box. That was a stonewall pen. Didn’t even need to be reviewed.

• Like 1

The point is we should have put the game to bed in the first half. The manager mostly but also the players to a fair degree buggered it up.

....on to the next one with Rodgers heading towards the thin ice!

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I just fear that this isn’t the end. I would go as far as saying relegation battle...... there is a monster sized task to put this right. 

Don't be so pathetic!

You have to put all this into perspective, our squad is thin, we've got three of our best players injured, Madison back next game and Chilly back on the left. We'll be fine.

I can see the pressure being too much for United, they'll win tomorrow, but crumble at some point. Chelsea had a similar collapse yesterday.

No team is consistent at the moment. It's the nature of this league, which gets tighter every year....

We'll be battling for top 5 again next season and with a few quality additions to our squad, I can see us doing even better than this season.

If you said top 5 in July last year I'd have snapped your hand off.... Let's stay classy hey! Let's not become spurs.

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Against Southamton 0-9 he told the players to be consequent dont Take the Foot of the Pedal. 

What happened since...

I am still in shock & hurting......I am going bed to Block this Night out....

This implosion , could send us tumbling & Falling Next season,if only small Changes are made....

I Darent go bed...I am sure it will collapse,in the 2nd half of the night,when I Change my best pillow,and hit my toe,on the covering bed post...

I am scared.....

• Haha 1

I’m astounded by Rodgers thinking in the half time substitution. I cannot get my head around his thinking. Bournemouth were absolutely awful and caused us zero problems. 

I’ve thought since Xmas that the players haven’t got the right mentality and I thought it came from them, maybe it’s coming from the manager..... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Oh come on we can't keep blaming the ref. Kasper cost us the penalty simple as that. Yes he's probably been our best player before this game post lockdown but he has to take some blame (10%) at least as that goal knocked us back! Even he came out and said so in his interview. 

Hes clipped him for sure, it's a pen, but he's made a meal of it, and Kasper was making the save anyway. It's not the refs fault of course....

But the ref gave them everything after

.... Any slight clip, niggle or dive, free kick everytime. Slowed the game down.

It's on the players collectively tonight. No one stood up and took responsibility.

But a keeper's job is tough one, one small mistake leads to a definite goal. He made some important saves not long before.

Cags has to take a bigger proportion of blame! I can't believe he's getting off so lightly!

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't be so pathetic!

You have to put all this into perspective, our squad is thin, we've got three of our best players injured, Madison back next game and Chilly back on the left. We'll be fine.

I can see the pressure being too much for United, they'll win tomorrow, but crumble at some point. Chelsea had a similar collapse yesterday.

No team is consistent at the moment. It's the nature of this league, which gets tighter every year....

We'll be battling for top 5 again next season and with a few quality additions to our squad, I can see us doing even better than this season.

If you said top 5 in July last year I'd have snapped your hand off.... Let's stay classy hey! Let's not become spurs.

I want you to come by, and tell this shaking lad,a Good night bedside story.....

Don t forget to look under the bed,for all those demon s & ghosts who Stole my 62 points....:unsure:

• Haha 2

I can see the pressure being too much for United, they'll win tomorrow, but crumble at some point

A 17 match unbeaten run says otherwise. We are deluding ourselves. Next season is a relegation scrap as we are truely awful. 2001 Taylor all over again.

I get why people would joke about having Wes in defense for the last few games but honestly I'll be quite happy to see an actual leader on the pitch. This is largely on BR imo. Yeah his subs are a large part of it but the other imo is this team was lauded largely for their youth. And with that youth comes some positives but also negatives. That free flowing passing, enthusiasm, confidence and momentum, that's what comes with talented youth given freedom to play attacking football. Why he'd go defensive at half time isn't just madness for THIS game but also how the team views BR's overall thinking. If he wants that first half of the season back what does that sub tell them?

If either Chilwell or Maddison leave in the summer and the pundits all nod in agreement citing CL and "top four" club as the reason, they can f'off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I get why people would joke about having Wes in defense for the last few games but honestly I'll be quite happy to see an actual leader on the pitch. This is largely on BR imo. Yeah his subs are a large part of it but the other imo is this team was lauded largely for their youth. And with that youth comes some positives but also negatives. That free flowing passing, enthusiasm, confidence and momentum, that's what comes with talented youth given freedom to play attacking football. Why he'd go defensive at half time isn't just madness for THIS game but also how the team views BR's overall thinking. If he wants that first half of the season back what does that sub tell them?

If either Chilwell or Maddison leave in the summer and the pundits all nod in agreement citing CL and "top four" club as the reason, they can f'off. 

Agreed. At least Wes will be captain instead of Kasper too. 

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Fvcking dreadful. Criminal substitutions and a shambolic second half performance. How the flying fvck we lost that from the position we were in baffles me. Utterly inexcusable. Undoes all the good work we did with the win against Palace and the good point at Arsenal. Tonight was a glorious opportunity to get our noses ahead of Chelsea and Man United with three games to play. We didn't just blow it, we absolutely shat the bed. If United win against Southampton, then for the first time our fate will be out of our hands and we'll need favours from elsewhere. 

The only minor crumb of comfort is that Vardy moved himself slightly closer to winning the golden boot.

Our fate would still be in our own hands as we still have to play Man U. Oh, I see what you mean....

What can you say after that? I wanted to just forget all about football until next season, but I have to get my thoughts down first.

Never have I witnessed such a total and utter capitulation by this team, or any other, for that matter. Pathetic, miserable, disgusting, shameful. And didn't it just about perfectly sum up the season as a whole? Cruising the first half, weak opposition, almost embarrassing how easy it looked. Then, suddenly, we go and shoot ourselves in the foot for no apparent reason.

Now, I know some people will be thinking, "we're 4th in the table," "good season overall," etc., and I'll admit I wasn't seriously expecting to see us be serious contenders for CL this season. However, we've since been in such a strong position that CL was pretty much a foregone conclusion. We had a 14 point cushion. 14 pissing points! How the fvck do you throw that away? Just like today. 1-0 up at half time against a terrible side that looked like they'd already thrown in the towel, and we bend over for them.

As for Brendan; I still think, overall, he's doing a decent job. It's hard to do right now, but if you take a step back and look at the big picture, we're in a good position. That said, I have concerns. That half-time sub is inexcusable. We were in a great position. Why change it? Why go defensive and try to sit on a 1 goal lead? Bournemouth looked dead and buried. Why not go for the jugular? At least give it 10 mins as we were to see how it pans out. If Ian had a knock, bring Barnes or Gray on. Bournemouth were awful and also had their best defender injured. Go for the next goal and kill the match. I think it was a spineless decision that changed the course of the game. I think it sent a message to our team and theirs. Made us complacent and them fired-up.

Fvcking stupid mistakes from Kasper and Caglar. They happen, but you don't expect 2 in the same game.

Are you watching, Spurs? That's how bottling is done.

7 minutes ago, sishades said:

A 17 match unbeaten run says otherwise. We are deluding ourselves. Next season is a relegation scrap as we are truely awful. 2001 Taylor all over again.

Bloody hell fella. Have an early night hey.

They had four shots on target 

how the fook did we end up losing that game ??

just can’t get my head around that 

after everything we’ve been through since the restart we’re coasting towards 62 points and we end up with CL out of our hands and no cags for the last three fixtures .....

we may cope Thursday without him but spurs and yanited ..... I hope we have enough ky jelly available ot it’s really gonna hurt ....