Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Why did he take off Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I wonder if some of the fans complaining about Nacho being brought off were  booing him a while ago? 

It isn't about ian...

It about the negativity.... we weren't in trouble... he should have waited to see how things went.

Kasper may still have pressed the self distruct button 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worthosoriginals said:

Is that your opinion, or the result of the comprehensive survey you must have done then? 

I'm saying I wasn't one who booed him but I did complain about him being subbed off.

3 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

I wonder if some of the fans complaining about Nacho being brought off were  booing him a while ago? 

Personally would never boo any of our players...

But if a player (or the team) is doing poorly, nothing wrong in criticizing them.

This is a situational discussion. The team was playing the opposition off the park, so even if Brendan felt that he should pull out Nacho why change the system that was working so well? Players (and Managers btw) should never be viewed in the extremes of either canonization or demonization. Fact is it is okay to alternatively commend and condemn the individual performances of players as the situation deems fit. In that respect, Nacho was deservedly criticized “a while ago” but has been one of our bests when played this season.‘

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

Problem is we play 352/532 and looked poor, he persists and it worked a treat in he 1st half but again he tried to anticipate things in 2nd half but his players let him down. Without Kaspers error,we would have been OK IMO

Exactly! That bugger Vardy, now stranded alone up front, could even take on the defense all by himself. Lazy git! 

Dude, what let Brendan down was his decision to switch tactics at the half, after (in your own words) the first half set-up (and personnel) “worked a treat”. He bottled it. It’s okay to blame Kasper, but I do not recall him being compelled to make a lot of kicks in the first-half when the system kept the ball primarily in the Cherries’ half. It’s like dominoes, when you isolate your striker, sit deeper and invariably invite pressure onto yourself, don’t be shocked if mistakes happen and cost you.

On 14/07/2020 at 22:45, NaijaFox said:

Exactly! That bugger Vardy, now stranded alone up front, could even take on the defense all by himself. Lazy git! 

Dude, what let Brendan down was his decision to switch tactics at the half, after (in your own words) the first half set-up (and personnel) “worked a treat”. He bottled it. It’s okay to blame Kasper, but I do not recall him being compelled to make a lot of kicks in the first-half when the system kept the ball primarily in the Cherries’ half. It’s like dominoes, when you isolate your striker, sit deeper and invariably invite pressure onto yourself, don’t be shocked if mistakes happen and cost you.

The manager is paid to make decisions and anticipate things. Brendan basically anticipated a 2nd half shite or bust attitude from Bournemouth, bolstered the midfield but then the players messed up. It was arguably Jonny Evans worst game for us, Kasper gave away a goal and the initiative, Caglars lack of discipline meant a 2-1 down and 10 men when the players are not 100% fit and playing games all rolled up to us having no chance. The lack of fight by the players was so disappointing but it seems like everything that works well is down to the players, when it goes wrong its Brendans fault LOL!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

The manager is paid to make decisions and anticipate things. Brendan basically anticipated a 2nd half shite or bust attitude from Bournemouth, bolstered the midfield but then the players messed up. It was arguably Jonny Evans worst game for us, Kasper gave away a goal and the initiative, Caglars lack of discipline meant a 2-1 down and 10 men when the players are not 100% fit and playing games all rolled up to us having no chance. The lack of fight by the players was so disappointing but it seems like everything that works well is down to the players, when it goes wrong its Brendans fault LOL!! 

And he made a piss-poor one.

Not quite sure why you are apparently struggling to come to terms with such elementary concepts as a football manager making a poor decision that ultimately costs his team.  We have a thread here on FT titled “King Brendan...” and how we are lucky to have him, so don’t quite get the stuff about players taking all the credit when things go right and Brendan saddled with all the blame when things go tits up (particularly given the regularity with which different players are harshly criticized on these pages). King Brendan showed up for that second-half sans the proverbial clothing. No need to sugar coat reality and blame everyone else but the CATALYST! Rather, time to put it behind us and move on.

PS: Btw, he did so much better tonight. Didn’t try to trip over himself in “anticipation”, but rather stuck to what was working until it wasn’t. Lesson learnt!

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Impressed with his attitude from the bench tonight, applauding the team during the match.

I was impressed with all the non playing players tonight.

They were sitting to the right of the press box (socially distanced) and they were massively supportive - especially when Luke Thomas did something good - and they were vocal getting behind the team too.

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They were sitting to the right of the press box (socially distanced) and they were massively supportive - especially when Luke Thomas did something good - and they were vocal getting behind the team too.

Who was there? Madders and Ricardo?

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

And without clappers too.