Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Why did he take off Iheanacho

They troubled us so little, why change it? He must have suspected they'd try something anyway, so let them for 10 mins and see how you can counter it. Madness.

Nacho provides a good foil for Vardy. Will come deep and pick up the ball, bring others into play. This allows Vardy to continue stretching the defence. They were causing Bmouth problems and to be honest we should have been further ahead. He's completely overthought it there.

Edited by Number 6

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Brendan knew Bournemouth would throw everything at us second half so he shored up the midfield. If Kasper doesn't fck up nobody would have complained.

Yeah, but why make a nervous 45 minutes out of it trying to grind it out 1-0, when it was abundantly clear we had goals in us today?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually cannot believe he has blamed Iheanacho? What space was he leaving? The man was playing up front for fcuk sake. Is Rodgers for real? This was an opportunity for him to be honest and a little personable and he's proven himself to be anything but tonight. Not acceptable 

Iheanacho has really grown in confidence of late and saved us many times with goals now. He will lose the player if he carries on and then the rot will set in amongst the rest of the team. Totally unfair to blame him.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

A second goal kills that game, Bournemouth were never coming back if we went for the jugular. Instead we handed the initiative to them, allied to some brainless actions from Schmeichel and Soyuncu.

Get 2/3-0 up then sit back.

• Like 4

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot.  

They were awful 1st half if we had gone 2-0 it was done. but we didn't kill them off.

The rest is Keystone Cops!!!!

Should have left Nach on for 10, to see how it went.

Kasper butchers the clearance, Cags loses his head & finishes his season.

End result, is it about £70m we have just lost for not beating a team still going down???

This 1 is up there for self inflicted.  This team is severely mentally weak in comparison to the title winners.

I mean what has happened since New Year???  Did Villa in the cup burst the balloon....?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually cannot believe he has blamed Iheanacho? What space was he leaving? The man was playing up front for fcuk sake. Is Rodgers for real? This was an opportunity for him to be honest and a little personable and he's proven himself to be anything but tonight. Not acceptable 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

A second goal kills that game, Bournemouth were never coming back if we went for the jugular. Instead we handed the initiative to them, allied to some brainless actions from Schmeichel and Soyuncu.

Get 2/3-0 up then sit back.

Agree on both.

I thought Rodgers was wise and sensible enough to realise where it went wrong but with what he's said tonight, it's nothing of the sort. Pinning it on Kelechi not tracking back enough and leaving space, and then saying Wilf & Youri had too much to do. They were comfortable. We were comfortable in the game!! They didn't look tired or shattered at all. 

Even if he wanted to take Kelechi off out of pure stubbornness, surely wait until we have more than one goal?! Bournemouth were there for the taking in the first half as it is but to play your hand so early and basically give all initiative to them to give them some kind of hope and confidence they can get something out of the game is just ridiculous.

It's actually really disappointed me that Rodgers has made those comments. He has a lot of work to do to earn back some respect following that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Brendan knew Bournemouth would throw everything at us second half so he shored up the midfield. If Kasper doesn't fck up nobody would have complained.

That kind of mentality against a bottom-three side playing as poorly as Bournemouth were in that first half is nothing short of pathetic 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agree on both.

I thought Rodgers was wise and sensible enough to realise where it went wrong but with what he's said tonight, it's nothing of the sort. Pinning it on Kelechi not tracking back enough and leaving space, and then saying Wilf & Youri had too much to do. They were comfortable. We were comfortable in the game!! They didn't look tired or shattered at all. 

Even if he wanted to take Kelechi off out of pure stubbornness, surely wait until we have more than one goal?! Bournemouth were there for the taking in the first half as it is but to play your hand so early and basically give all initiative to them to give them some kind of hope and confidence they can get something out of the game is just ridiculous.

It's actually really disappointed me that Rodgers has made those comments. He has a lot of work to do to earn back some respect following that. 

Agree totally! He will lose the dressing room too by blaming a player unfairly...

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you think he's ones of these managers that over complicates a situation because his ego tells him he needs to come across as a some genius tactician to gain praise rather than keep it simple? I don't think he adapts to games anywhere near as well as he thinks he does. 

He either seems to change things that don't need changing or doesn't even recognise what does need changing. 

It's a terrible combination when a team is already in poor form and low on confidence and need some momentum. These ain't good signs. Tonight has been a disaster. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

That kind of mentality against a bottom-three side playing as poorly as Bournemouth were in that first half is nothing short of pathetic 

As I've said to the many replies I've had, it's easy to be clever with hindsight.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ive said it in another thread Ric but the fact he's not taking responsibility for tonight has left me even more fvcking livid than I was. 

Imagine now if your Kelechi, what has hearing that done to his already probable fragile confidence?

I was ready to nip it in the bud if he accepted responsibility but now I'm more fvcked off than I have been for years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Do you think he's ones of these managers that over complicates a situation because his ego tells him he needs to come across as a some genius tactician to gain praise rather than keep it simple? I don't think he adapts to games anywhere near as well as he thinks he does. 

He either seems to change things that don't need changing or doesn't even recognise what does need changing. 

It's a terrible combination when a team is already in poor form and low on confidence and need some momentum. These ain't good signs. Tonight has been a disaster. 

100% this. Stinks of his ego getting the better of him and the players have to take the flak for it.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's surely lost the dressing room after that statement.

The next training session is gonna be fun.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

As I've said to the many replies I've had, it's easy to be clever with hindsight.

Haha, getting plenty of notifications? :D

No hindsight about it for me, he's not made a single half-time change since the restart, even when things plainly needed to change. To change it up today was baffling at the time, and immediately played out exactly as feared 

Guest ttfn
Just now, Bourbon Fox said:

Haha, getting plenty of notifications? :D

No hindsight about it for me, he's not made a single half-time change since the restart, even when things plainly needed to change. To change it up today was baffling at the time, and immediately played out exactly as feared 

Imagine not making a half time change against Brighton or Everton but making one today.