Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Why did he take off Iheanacho

In his heart of hearts he must know he has made a huge mistake here. I didn’t think Kelechi had a great half, but we had been totally dominant in the first half. Totally bar one good shot from Brooks. 

Kelechi clearly has an issue with confidence, and at 1-0 up, he takes him off, as he thinks Bournemouth are causing us problems. Then the manager calls him out at the end. Genius. So the guy who wasn’t playing the second half now feels bad about himself.

its a seriously poor bit of management I’m afraid. Mistakes happen, but this is a really significant one and it will be costly.

• Like 3

He can’t help himself.  He’s a stubborn ****. 

I said to my mate at half time - Kelechi isn’t really in it as much as we’d like and maybe give him until 55mins and then bring on Barnes/Gray. 
But to change it like that, make Vardy isolated and invite pressure was just horrendous decision making. 

Guest ttfn
Just now, harpendenfox said:

In his heart of hearts he must know he has made a huge mistake here. I didn’t think Kelechi had a great half, but we had been totally dominant in the first half. Totally bar one good shot from Brooks. 

Kelechi clearly has an issue with confidence, and at 1-0 up, he takes him off, as he thinks Bournemouth are causing us problems. Then the manager calls him out at the end. Genius. So the guy who wasn’t playing the second half now feels bad about himself.

its a seriously poor bit of management I’m afraid. Mistakes happen, but this is a really significant one and it will be costly.

I’m sure you’re right.

But a good leader acknowledges when they’ve made a mistake. In the 50 games Rodgers has managed us there have been at least 7 or 8 very disappointing results/performances. Has he ever shown an ounce of self-awareness in dealing with that? Of course he hasn’t.

All the while he earns 50% more than the highest paid player. The squad could easily be forgiven for looking at him and wondering what he’s doing to justify his wage when repeatedly it is their failings that are highlighted when things go wrong.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

I agree with the lack of mental strength and that's why, imo, he should've keep pushing until we at least got that second goal.

We're not a side strong enough to handle a 1-0 for 45 minutes at the moment, hence we should be the ones who put to the pressure, not the other way around.We got a scrappy goal in the first, it wasn't rosy but it worked somehow. Ake was out, they were nowhere near to be found on the pitch, just give them the killing blow and then make your subm if you want. Nacho had been a thorn in their side and was linking up with Perez and Vardy very well. Taking him off cut off Vardy from the rest of the team, we retreated to our own half and Bournemouth, who had nothing to lose, saw a ray of light. The rest is history. 

It's one of the most crushing defeat I've witnessed, the result of a catastrophic sub and a mental implosion of a team that's been limping for months. The only thing I'm "happy" with, is that we can stop talking about the CL, because I can't imagine how we'd look like against Münich, Madrid and the likes. Rodgers also has a crap record in Europe, with quite resounding defeats.

You know this is crazy because I agree with your point of view too. It’s mad, because from the outside, everyone will jump on this club if we make changes. However, the mental strength of this side is so weak that I can’t stand them. We brought on Praet not Hamza. We pushed Youri forward. On paper, that team should have enough to: a) defend the lead; and b) add to it. 

what we did is take the easy way out. Kasper is apparently an experienced player and he does that ? That isn’t a mistake That’s a one off. it’s an error which comes from your mind telling you “don’t **** this up”. Imagine you’re at work and you really want to impress your boss for a promotion. You’ll make little mistakes and think why the **** have I done that. This is top level football, those mistakes get punished. Those nerves, those moments of we shouldn’t be here will happen and they’ll keep happening until we strengthen the mindset. Weak players result in weak results. We fail in big games because our players are weak. The substitution is the obvious thing to point to but this happened over and over again since we won the league. Remember, we missed out to 7th place and Europe and blamed Riyad’s disappearance. We messed up under Puel and blamed Puel. Hell, we cocked up under Ranieri in the second season and blamed Kante leaving. There is always an excuse for our big players. This time it’s the substitute. Don’t give them one, there is no excuse for being weak.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Please bare in mind that since the restart we have only played any iota of dangerous football with Vardy, Iheanacho or Barnes and Perez in behind. How he so flippantly risked that is unforgivable, especially when there'd been no sign of a Bournemouth revival.

Check how many touches we'd had in Bournemouth's box 1st half. Look how many times Vardy and Iheanacho got on the ball in those areas and Perez. Then look at the pitiful stats vs Watford, Brighton and Chelsea. I cannot accept this from a supposed elite coach, its disgusting naivety from him.

yep we were totally dominant in first half, makes the tactical switch even more odd.

How does he think Bournemouth were causing us problems? It was the most 1 sided half of football I've seen from us in ages. They had 1 single shot and that was outside the area, they'd had 1 touch in our box or something daft like that. 

If he was worried about Youri and Ndidi having too much to do he should have gone 3-4-1-2 but he chose to meddle at a time when this team is quite delicate mentally and physically. I'm just sickened by this, can't calm down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

If Rodgers doesn't take full responsibility for this defeat I'll be livid. Those subs at half time were criminal. Especially after how that first half went. Disgusting from him. 

Said this in the post-match thread and after hearing what he's had to say, yeah I'm livid.

Lol someone show him the stats at half time. We were in total control of the game Iheanacho had assisted a goal and was no worse than any of the other strikers. Our manager thinks he is to cleaver and has his favourite players. 
Iheanacho Hasn’t has a fair chance and should have stayed on. 

Half time doesn't count as 1 of 3 subs. Because we were forced to use 1 early his tactics went out the window. And he wanted to keep 2 for late on to run clock down or change it. Back fired horribly wrong and should of admitted it not blame kelechi