Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

They have been awful but all it takes is for Kane and Son to fancy it and all of a sudden its turns into a very uncomfortable afternoon. 

Pearson had both Kane and Vardy on the bench at one point :doh:

Harry-Kane-Jamie-Vardy-and-Danny-Drinkwa

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Same team other than Nachos in for Barnes.

Think Barnes offers a more threat freeing up others... just start the same team that won well I say. You play nacho you are changing the shape the team is comfortable with 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We’re also due a poor performance ....usually play well and come away with nowt ......... maybe a poor performance and a sh1tehouse win ??

We are not due a poor performance. We have seen more than enough of them recently. 

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

If we lose or draw, we have to beat Utd in the final match to get CL football. If we beat these, we only have to draw the final match.

We really are down to the bare bones when you look at our lineup and bench against Shef Utd, so many injuries and suspensions to key players, but the squad stepped up far more than the first team players have recently. I can see us beating Spurs, but Chelsea will beat Liverpool and it will all come down to the final day (and a dodgy VAR decision :ph34r:)

Not a chance are Chelsea winning at Anfield. 

• Like 2

spuds are fickle! If we get at em be in their faces and bang in some goals they will crack. Keep Sugar Kane from getting any balls and not letting that son-of-a ! run free we will do just fine.

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

spuds are fickle! If we get at em be in their faces and bang in some goals they will crack. Keep Sugar Kane from getting any balls and not letting that son-of-a ! run free we will do just fine.

I’m actually not worried about this one, feel they will be dispatched if we play like we did against Sheff U 

I absolutely hate playing Spurs and I hate Harry Kane more. Why does he always get his scoring boots on when he’s about to play us, the guy chaps my ass beyond belief 😖 

Anyway, please don’t lose somehow, Leicester 🤞🏼

Kane and Son have a good record against us and we will struggle if the game gets stretched. If we can frustrate them and get something late on like we did in 2016 that would be a huge bonus. Important we don’t collapse like we did against Bournemouth because goal difference may be key going into the last game 

Edited by Edingleyfox

Guest bennytwohats

Am I right in thinking that we need 4 points in the last two games in either combination to basically guarantee top 4? I think the only situation that doesn't hold is if United win by 3 goals more than we do in the next game and then we draw - which in practice would mean at least a 4 goal margin win for them against West Ham - not impossible but not likely.

2 or 3 points might well be enough, but we'd need other results to go our way. A win against Spurs would be a huge step forward - match the levels of the win last night and we have a good chance.

Same starting XI for me with a similar bench, only question mark is whether Wes' legs will hold up in the short period between games.

As harsh as it sounds Barnes should start ahead of Gray. Always feel that if Gray has a decent game off the bench, he usually starts the following game but plays poorly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Am I right in thinking that we need 4 points in the last two games in either combination to basically guarantee top 4? I think the only situation that doesn't hold is if United win by 3 goals more than we do in the next game and then we draw - which in practice would mean at least a 4 goal margin win for them against West Ham - not impossible but not likely.

2 or 3 points might well be enough, but we'd need other results to go our way. A win against Spurs would be a huge step forward - match the levels of the win last night and we have a good chance.

Let’s forget all the permutations. Win both games and we qualify. Our fate is firmly within our own grasp. :scarf:

PS: Not sure, but btw I think that we can finish 4th and NOT qualify for CL if Man Utd or Wolves win the Europa League Cup,

Guest Danny Clender
8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Mourinho doesn’t want Europa League. He surely won’t want Man U or Chelsea to qualify for CL either. Lay out the red carpet Mou

It's a wonderful presumption, but in typical Mourinho fashion, I think he's already stated that getting Spurs into the EL will be an excellent achievement.   

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Let’s forget all the permutations. Win both games and we qualify. Our fate is firmly within our own grasp. :scarf:

PS: Not sure, but btw I think that we can finish 4th and NOT qualify for CL if Man Utd or Wolves win the Europa League Cup,

Nope - only scenario of that has Chelsea winning CL and finishing outside top 4 

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m actually not worried about this one, feel they will be dispatched if we play like we did against Sheff U 

Problem is they will not play like Sheff Utd did against us. The pace and guile of Kane, Son and Lucas/Bergwijn will definitely stretch the legs of our Back 3 of Bennett, Wes and Evans in a manner the plodding burly Blades forwards didn’t. Nonetheless, I remain quietly CONFIDENT of a Foxes victory.

Worry about Morgan playing again so soon having not played for god knows how long but we have no choice but to go with same team. Back 3 will hopefully protect Morgan, we were much better at protecting the box with the 3 in there yesterday. Evans also much more comfortable on the left of the 3 than Soyuncu was. Bigger test for Thomas 

We can cause them problems on the counter, we've played well there in recent years but came away with nothing. But knowing Mourinho he will probably sit back, let us have the ball and pounce on the break. Kane has a great record against us.

Opportunity for us to put the pressure on the others. 

Guest Danny Clender

Play like the Sheff game and we have a chance of not losing. 

I'd say, maintain that line up with a review for either Barnes or Iheanacho starting with Vardy up top.