Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

Now that i've finally secured the 'finish above you' pint from my Arsenal-supporting mate, I guess it's time we returned the favour and helped them secure their first St. Totteringham's Day since we won the title. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Youri's gonna boss it. 

0-4 win, United going to lose at West Ham basically making the last game redundant unless they tank us 20-0 or something. 

I've seen it in me tea leaves. 

I'll have what your drinking lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Youri's gonna boss it. 

0-4 win, United going to lose at West Ham basically making the last game redundant unless they tank us 20-0 or something. 

I've seen it in me tea leaves. 

1) they're at home to west ham

2) if they lost by an odd goal they would need to beat us by 5 

given that any win we might get on sunday would be a tight one, you can see that sunday week will be v difficult to get through ….

there is no scenario where the last game is comfortable for us  !!

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

i think Brendan will want barnes in front of Thomas to try and stop aurier from getting too far forward. kel wont worry aurier who has the pace to get back and cover 

I would think Aurier is doubtful to start after what happened to his brother yesterday.

It is also a shame (for us) that Dier is still suspended.

I’m not entirely in opposition to the idea that West Ham could pull something out against Man United. They are flying high after a big win, need some results to comfortably secure top-flight football, and stranger things have happened. 

We have to take care of our business, and I don’t see why the Spurs aren’t beatable. 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

1) they're at home to west ham

2) if they lost by an odd goal they would need to beat us by 5 

given that any win we might get on sunday would be a tight one, you can see that sunday week will be v difficult to get through ….

there is no scenario where the last game is comfortable for us  !!

The situation I just described would be very comfortable for us. 

We have a plus three goal difference advantage, if we won four nil it would be plus seven, if they lost by a goal it would be plus eight. 

Unless you think they're going to beat us 8-0 I'd say that was pretty comfortable. 

I was of course joking however. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The situation I just described would be very comfortable for us. 

We have a plus three goal difference advantage, if we won four nil it would be plus seven, if they lost by a goal it would be plus eight. 

Unless you think they're going to beat us 8-0 I'd say that was pretty comfortable. 

I was of course joking however. 

Man U would only need to win 4-0 to overcome an 8 GD.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tbf said:

Man U would only need to win 4-0 to overcome an 8 GD.

Jesus I'm a thick ****. Of course they would.

I'm not even going to edit it, I'm just going to leave it there and not bother making excuses.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

If you're brave enough to look beyond the 20 minutes of catastrophic self-capitulation at Bournemouth, we've actually looked like a very good team in the past 4 games. 

It will be about carrying that on into this game and if we can keep it sensible at the back then we have a very good system and give ourselves a very good chance of winning this game.

Thought we were rubbish against Bournemouth even when we were dominating, we were awful against arsenal till we were up against 10 men, I thought yesterday was the first game we looked to have a bit of our swagger back but even then we made nervous mistakes. 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There’s an interview with him a couple of weeks where he said he’s not a fan of the Europa League. I think he’s know the advantage his team would get not playing it tbh. His statement ref Spurs is just him trying to cover himself a little 

We have to remember it's Jose and he changes his mind all the time, he probably never even said this :cool:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/12/jose-mourinho-targets-europa-league-after-tottenham-edge-past-arsenal 

Guest An Sionnach

Only a mug would predict this one , so here goes . Kane penalty after 35 mins. after Moura trips over his own feet and V.A.R. says its a clear foul. Ball hits Nacho on his backside and goes in after 88 mins. 1-1 and Mourinho complains for ten minutes about the other six penalties they should have had.