Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

If you're brave enough to look beyond the 20 minutes of catastrophic self-capitulation at Bournemouth, we've actually looked like a very good team in the past 4 games. 

It will be about carrying that on into this game and if we can keep it sensible at the back then we have a very good system and give ourselves a very good chance of winning this game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You're worth every penny :) 

Ha, part of me wonders if we were to win on Sunday if that might be enough. I can see Chelsea’s FA Cup pursuit really messing with their big games against Liverpool and Wolves. Can see them winning their FA Cup tie and finishing 5th.

I'm clutching at straws here perhaps, but Mourinho has gone massively overboard with how much he wants the Europa League, when you'd assume a man who moans so much about fixture congestion would want a clean run up at the top 4 next season.

He's also gone massively overboard with how tired his players are, calling them "super fatigued".

Add into the mix the fact he'll want one of Chelsea and Man Utd to miss out on the top 4, not only because they are rivals, but also because both clubs have sacked him in recent years, and it makes you wonder if the "super-fatigued" comment is preparing an excuse for Sunday and the over-the-top desire for Europa League is covering his back in case anyone excuses him of not wanting it and not wanting to end the season on a high.

Could he rest a few players on Sunday? Kane and Moura did pick up knocks at Newcastle.

I know all of the above is probably bollocks, but you never know with Mourinho...

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

It's a wonderful presumption, but in typical Mourinho fashion, I think he's already stated that getting Spurs into the EL will be an excellent achievement.   

There’s an interview with him a couple of weeks where he said he’s not a fan of the Europa League. I think he’s know the advantage his team would get not playing it tbh. His statement ref Spurs is just him trying to cover himself a little 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

If we find our scoring boots we can beat anyone because we play good football. Recently we have allowed the solidity at the back to reduce meaning we concede soft goals. Even in this poor run, we have shown glimpses/periods of good play. Do that for 90 mins and put your chances away and we will win comfortably.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

If you're brave enough to look beyond the 20 minutes of catastrophic self-capitulation at Bournemouth, we've actually looked like a very good team in the past 4 games. 

It will be about carrying that on into this game and if we can keep it sensible at the back then we have a very good system and give ourselves a very good chance of winning this game.

Yep, weird isn't. Since Palace, we have found a defensive system what can work. We had twenty-five minute spell at Arsenal and that utter meltdown at Bournemouth. The balance is right at the moment. Perez far more comfortable at no.10 and Vardy not as isolated. Tielemans and N'Didi can do the other bits. The games except Bournemouth we showed grit, desire and a willing. Bournemouth all that went to complete shit. 

Our season has been a real funny ****er. The 14 points pissed up the wall is a joke. Yet the scenario in isolation of having to beat three high ranked teams with numerous first teasers out and squad players struggling, it would be some effort. 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

We weren't very good against arsenal at all. Would've been 3 or 4 if it wasn't for Kasper

Rodgers  - Merc

"We’ll have the same squad as last night. James and Ben will miss the last couple of games, as will Christian. Marc might be available for the last game.

“The reports from the medical team, James will just miss out this season. By the time we get back training in August, he will be training. Ben will be a bit longer, and so will Christian Fuchs. We’ll see how they go over the next four or five weeks."

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Rodgers  - Merc

"We’ll have the same squad as last night. James and Ben will miss the last couple of games, as will Christian. Marc might be available for the last game.

“The reports from the medical team, James will just miss out this season. By the time we get back training in August, he will be training. Ben will be a bit longer, and so will Christian Fuchs. We’ll see how they go over the next four or five weeks."

ah crap

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Good, but I thought EL winners automatically qualify for the CL.

They do.

The worst case scenario is that Utd finish 3rd, we finish 4th, Chelsea 5th and Wolves 6th AND Chelsea win the Champions League AND Wolves win EL.  If that happens then 4th place gets bumped out of CL.  

Chelsea will have to beat Bayern Munich in Munich by 4 goals to progress in the CL.

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Good, but I thought EL winners automatically qualify for the CL.

They do - we can have five clubs max in CL 

CL winners automatically qualify which is where the chelsea thing comes from and if Wolves also won the EL then 4th place would go in the EL. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jim5000 said:

If we lose or draw, we have to beat Utd in the final match to get CL football. If we beat these, we only have to draw the final match.

We really are down to the bare bones when you look at our lineup and bench against Shef Utd, so many injuries and suspensions to key players, but the squad stepped up far more than the first team players have recently. I can see us beating Spurs, but Chelsea will beat Liverpool and it will all come down to the final day (and a dodgy VAR decision :ph34r:)

My biggest fear, you just know it!