Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

I have to say that I find it boring watching O'Sullivan, he is just too good. Never misses a pot & his opponent knows that if he leaves him on it's frame over. I much prefer to see good tactical, safety play snooker. Also he's not a person that I really like.

Selby is similar to our football team, overawed by playing the big players. I hope he wins but I can;t see it

11 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I have to say that I find it boring watching O'Sullivan, he is just too good. Never misses a pot & his opponent knows that if he leaves him on it's frame over. I much prefer to see good tactical, safety play snooker. Also he's not a person that I really like.

Selby is similar to our football team, overawed by playing the big players. I hope he wins but I can;t see it

Well he was world  number 1 for over 4   years and has beaten Ronnie in many big finals so  have to disagree

Selby was Mr Clinical for 3 or 4 years, a Mourinho’s Chelsea if you will.

When his safety is on form, he's on form. When its not, he cant rely on break building alone to reach those heights. Probably explains why he's dropped down the rankings a little. 

That last frame of the session yesterday against Ronnie was classic Selby, dug deep with some terrific safety to snatch the frame.

Social media full of “Selby is boring” comments lol 

If they think he’s played boring today, they should go back to his first round match and try and endure that lol 

Found nothing wrong with how he’s played today, not been slow, frames haven’t been long and scrappy. O’Sullivan played numerous careless shots throughout that session and Selby punished him.

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Social media full of “Selby is boring” comments lol 

If they think he’s played boring today, they should go back to his first round match and try and endure that lol 

Found nothing wrong with how he’s played today, not been slow, frames haven’t been long and scrappy. O’Sullivan played numerous careless shots throughout that session and Selby punished him.

Yeah he's not boring, he's just not emphatic or a crowd pleaser really and never has been.

Nothing wrong with that, just a different style of play that has been effective.

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah he's not boring, he's just not emphatic or a crowd pleaser really and never has been.

Nothing wrong with that, just a different style of play that has been effective.

He has the match of Ronnie in these circumstances too which I think is where the frustration comes across. 

28 minutes ago, Nalis said:

That's boring though.  But like you say nothing wrong with it, it obviously work, but (for me anyway) it's boring to watch.

38 minutes ago, Nalis said:

His matches can be slow, he can bog opponents down and when not playing well he is pretty dire to watch.

However I’ve found nothing wrong with his style in this match so far, played at a decent pace and frames have been fairly quick.

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

That's boring though.  But like you say nothing wrong with it, it obviously work, but (for me anyway) it's boring to watch.

Seems a bit similar to Cricket to be honest. Some people would say someone smashing 100 off of 40 balls on a flat track in t20 is fun, but there's much more to the sport than that. Selby is a 'dig in' 100 off of 350 balls' type of snooker player and it works.

Love how Ronnie talks the talk on how he can deal with Selby and yeah he may well still win this match but christ nobody on the planet can rattle Ronnie like Mark can lol

I swear even the way he drinks his water or walks around the table winds Ronnie up to the point he can't even hide it when playing. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Selby’s been living rent free in Ronnie’s head for years 

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Love how Ronnie talks the talk on how he can deal with Selby and yeah he may well still win this match but christ nobody on the planet can rattle Ronnie like Mark can lol

I swear even the way he drinks his water or walks around the table winds Ronnie up to the point he can't even hide it when playing. 

In the same manner as Edbon did back in the day I guess.

Selby has problems when his positional game is off, means he breaks down a lot and this causes the frames to be scrappy. 

I wouldn't call him negative, he takes his time if a shot requires thought. He just bloody hard to beat and at the end of the day it's up to his opponent to beat him. 

Hope he bores Ronnie to the the point where he just walks out to be honest, greatest player ever but can't stand the bloke. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nalis said:

In the same manner as Edbon did back in the day I guess.

I was thinking about the Ebdon Dott final the other day. Have no idea why because it was so boring. lol