Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

End of Season Awards 19/20

Votes open now for Player of the Season, Young Player and Goal of the Season: https://www.lcfc.com/news/1734749/voting-open-for-201920-end-of-season-awards/press-release

Goal of the Season choices:

Barnes vs Sheff United (a)

Vardy vs Bournemouth (h)

Maddison vs Spurs (h)

Ricardo vs Newcastle (h)

Vardy vs Palace (a)

Perez (3rd) vs Southampton (a)

Maddison vs Arsenal (h)

Vardy vs Arsenal (h)

Maddison vs Newcastle (a)

Choudhury vs Newcastle (a)

Iheanacho vs Brentford (a)

Chilwell vs Watford (a)

Young Player: James Justin, Luke Thomas, Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, George Hirst

Tough call at the moment, would probably pick Evans/Soyuncu for player of the year, and it probably has to be Barnes for young player. A lot of our goals are quite technical on that list so a tricky choice

Edited by DerbyshireFox

Pretty easy one for me this year.

Has to be Vardy for player of the season.

We'd be bottom half also-rans without his goals.

Barnes doesn't really have any competition for young player of the year either.

Went with Chilwell for goal of the season but it might be recency bias. No goal really stood out though.

Young Player of the season - Harvey Barnes- Always works hard, gets into good positions. Works on his finishing and composure and we have a player who will get 10+goals and 7-10 assists each season. 

Player of the season - Jonny Evans - Been brilliant all season, very underrated defender. 

Goal of the season - Chilwell v Watford - Superb strike from that angle. Great goal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Player of the season - Jonny Evans - Been brilliant all season, very underrated defender. 

Was earlier on, but he's been pretty poor since the restart tbh and been at direct fault for 3 or 4 goals and been bailed out by Schmeichel as well at times and really not stood up when the defence desperately needed leadership recently.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Player - Vardy 

Goal - Barnes vs Sheff Utd

Young - Harvey Barnes 

Vardy is a no-brainer. About time he won that accolade too. Blitzed this season and hope he wins Golden Boot too. Ricardo would have pushed him close even if he did play the full season. 

Barnes goal is just an absolute thunderbolt. No keeper stops that. 

Barnes Young player as well cos he's been good and doesn't get as much credit from some fans that he should get. Not the finished article yet by any means but 8 goals and 6 assists is good. Hope he continues to improve on those figures in next few seasons. 

Edit: didn't see Barnes on young player list

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Was earlier on, but he's been very poor since the restart tbh and been at direct fault for 3 or 4 goals and been bailed out by Schmeichel as well at times.

I think he's had two iffy games - Spurs, Bournemouth.

But all players do have iffy games now and then and all our players have. Even Vardy went many without scoring and generally looked poor.

You're not gonna get a player who has been superb every game. I think the closest to being good every game is Ricardo but sadly he's out of contention now I guess.

I think Kasper should be in with a shout too.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I think he's had two iffy games - Spurs, Bournemouth.

But all players do have iffy games now and then and all our players have. Even Vardy went many without scoring and generally looked poor.

You're not gonna get a player who has been superb every game.

Not disagreeing. Just don't see what people see in him ahead of Vardy for this season.

It's a bit of a no brainer for Vardy this season for me really. Understand it's all about opinions though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

It’s crazy that Vardy has never won player of the season and also might not win it the year he wins golden boot. It’s because he sets such a high standard. 

Even sayinf this, I voted for Evans, he’s simply been more consistent all season

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Leicester fans love defenders way too much.

Definitely.

It's far easier to be consistent as a defensive player than an attacking player. People don't seem to grasp this. Same as when Maguire bizarrely won it over Vardy a few years back people used the same weird logic - Vardy is insanely consistent for a typical striker. Evans is pretty typical level of consistency for a very good defender.

Vardy has been the best attacking player in front of goal in the entire country. Evans has been a good centre-back, maybe squeezing into the top 10. It's no contest really.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Was earlier on, but he's been pretty poor since the restart tbh and been at direct fault for 3 or 4 goals and been bailed out by Schmeichel as well at times and really not stood up when the defence desperately needed leadership recently.

I do agree he has had a bit of a down turn since Lockdown. Especially Bournemouth and Spurs. But I do think Rodgers tactics have done that. Going so negative when winning away at Bournemouth the players certainly lost motivation that second half. 

Spurs - We fell into Mourinho counter attack system perfectly, we push up with a very slow defence and got punished. The goals didn't come from Evans side mostly Bennett or Morgan not closer to Kane to block his superb through ball to Son. 

The only other player who comes close for me is Vardy. Top scorer but again he had a 9 game spell without a goal. Evans for me has been better throughout the season. Ricardo in with a shout until his injury as well as he was outstanding for us.