Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

End of Season Awards 19/20

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

Just voted;

Goal = Ricardo 

Player = Vardy

Young Player = Barnes

This is what I will be going with as well.

I was surprised that Nacho's last minute winner against Everton didn't make the shortlist 

• Like 3

It's not really fair on Chilwell's goal, because it was a brilliant goal, but it's tainted by the fact that Watford went up the other end and scored a stupid soft goal which crushed us a bit.

Because of that, the happy memory of the goal by Barnes against Sheffield United wins.

Oh, and Vardy and Barnes.

Has to be Vardy, would love for him to get POTY finally.

Barnes has had a good season for his first year in the top flight, he didn't let disappointing form or games get to him and he's had a big part to play, particularly at the start of 2020.

I went with Vardy vs. Bournemouth for the goal, effortless chip that could not have been more in the bottom corner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This is what I will be going with as well.

I was surprised that Nacho's last minute winner against Everton didn't make the shortlist 

Yeah, good shout for the Iheanacho goal. 

Great build up, wonderful technique etc, we can only assume Rodgers subbed it out from the list. 

• Haha 4

Vardy for player of the season. Hopefully there's a Golden Boot for him at the weekend too.

Barnes gets goal of the season because that strike was an absolute ripper and it was a cracking away day in the sun. Barnes Young Player of the Year for me too.

• Like 1

Goal : Maddison v Newcastle 

Player: Vardy 

Young player : Barnes 

Maddison's goal was with his weaker foot, and he put it in top bins from 25-30 yards.

Edited by Koke

Time for Vardy to be player of the year, had a spell of rubbish but we'd be Nowhere without his goals. Ndidi second for me, them Ricardo, Evans and Soyuncu. 

Barnes has been inconsistent buy easily wins young player out of the options. 

Went for Chilwell goal season, mainly because I couldn't remember the other goals. 

Player of the season can only be Vardy.

He's about to win the golden boot. Playing for Leicester. Before he came along, 10 per season was a good return for a Leicester striker.

We completely take his brilliance for granted as a fanbase- try and imagine another striker scoring 23 goals in a season for us... it just doesn't happen.

As much as I like Ricardo and Evans, Vardy not winning it this year would be an absolute travesty.

• Like 2

Player of the year very close between Ricardo and Vardy, if Riccy hadn't have got injured I seriously think we may have more points right now he's that good and important. Vardy just nabs it for being top scorer and some of his build up play seems to have got even better. 

Young player defo Barnes, 

My favourite goal of the lot was Vardy v Arsenal at home. Context came into it and I just felt so happy watching ur again. It was around an hour or just over of dominating a game against one of the so called Big boys and the football we played that night was like the footy Arsenal are usually associated with. We finally broke through with a brilliantly worked goal and it was great to watch like so many games in the 1st half of the season. Such a shame we aren't home and hosed in 3rd or 4th having been top 3 for most of the season. 

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

It’s crossing my mind. Considering how underwhelming the second half of the season has been, still a good few candidates to consider 

Clearly vardy is the main shout but just feel soyuncu has been immense especially seeing as he wasn't initially seen as Maguire's replacement and then came in under pressure and performed admirably 

• Like 2

Ricardo is our best player and was delivering some great performances pre-lockdown. Soyuncu when you think about expectations of him at the start of this season to what he has since delivered has been fantastic. Evans has been Mr Dependable again and rarely let us down.

But if Vardy wins the Premier League golden boot and not Leicester’s player of the season award then it just would not be right.

Never lets us down Vardy. Wins games on his own. Our greatest of all time.

Vote Vardy!

Surprised nobody has gone for Vardy's goal v Palace as goal of the season. Absolutely brilliant team move, bullet finish from the great man, followed by some class A sh1thousery in front of the Palace fans.

As for player of the year, it has to be Vards and for young player of the year Harvey Barnes, even if he can be so infuriating.

• Like 2