Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

End of Season Awards 19/20

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Chilwell goal vs Watford.

Vardy player of the season.

Justin young player of the season.

6 goals and 8 assists and you don't win young player of the season over a player who's made just 10 PL starts? Justin has impressed me but Barnes surely has that sewn up.

• Like 3

Guest ttfn

Barnes goal and young player

Ndidi player

Ndidi has been super consistent and performing at an elite level for 90% of the season.

Interestingly according to the match ratings on here Ricardo is player of the season.

3 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Votes open now for Player of the Season, Young Player and Goal of the Season: https://www.lcfc.com/news/1734749/voting-open-for-201920-end-of-season-awards/press-release

Goal of the Season choices:

Barnes vs Sheff United (a)

Vardy vs Bournemouth (h)

Maddison vs Spurs (h)

Ricardo vs Newcastle (h)

Vardy vs Palace (a)

Perez (3rd) vs Southampton (a)

Maddison vs Arsenal (h)

Vardy vs Arsenal (h)

Maddison vs Newcastle (a)

Choudhury vs Newcastle (a)

Iheanacho vs Brentford (a)

Chilwell vs Watford (a)

Young Player: James Justin, Luke Thomas, Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, George Hirst

Tough call at the moment, would probably pick Evans/Soyuncu for player of the year, and it probably has to be Barnes for young player. A lot of our goals are quite technical on that list so a tricky choice

I think Perez's second against Saints was better than his third 😂

• Like 2

Goal Vardy v Bournemouth (I wanted to vote for Nacho at home to Everton, but surprisingly not an option)

Player: Vardy - The mans about to do what no Leicester player has done since Gary Lineker and win a golden boot - even then Lineker only shared it. Check out the stats in crazy stat thread. Amazed anyone can vote for anyone else.

Young player Barnes: 15 goal involvements for a young lad, arguably should be 20 which is elite level. Should win this with 100% of the vote.

Easiest awards decision ever this season, but we do have some weird supporters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Votes open now for Player of the Season, Young Player and Goal of the Season: https://www.lcfc.com/news/1734749/voting-open-for-201920-end-of-season-awards/press-release

Goal of the Season choices:

Barnes vs Sheff United (a)

Vardy vs Bournemouth (h)

Maddison vs Spurs (h)

Ricardo vs Newcastle (h)

Vardy vs Palace (a)

Perez (3rd) vs Southampton (a)

Maddison vs Arsenal (h)

Vardy vs Arsenal (h)

Maddison vs Newcastle (a)

Choudhury vs Newcastle (a)

Iheanacho vs Brentford (a)

Chilwell vs Watford (a)

Young Player: James Justin, Luke Thomas, Hamza Choudhury, Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, George Hirst

Tough call at the moment, would probably pick Evans/Soyuncu for player of the year, and it probably has to be Barnes for young player. A lot of our goals are quite technical on that list so a tricky choice

Barnes goal of the season. The level of technique is astonishingly good. You don't see many like it. 

POTY Evans

YPOTY Barnes

Vardy POTS

Barnes YPOTS

Maddison v Newcastle. 

Not really any goals that choose themselves this season like normal. Was close between Vardy v Bournemouth, but Maddison’s technique, weaker foot and how it rises into the net just tips it for me. 

**** me we've scored some lovely goals this season haven't we? Usually there's one fairly obvious standout but found it difficult to pick this year. Shame most of them feel like they happened about a decade ago but never mind.

Ended up with:

Goal - Maddison vs Newcastle - between this and Barnes. My tiebreaker in these situations is always "how long would it take for me to replicate that?" and though I might one day fluke a strike as clean as Barnes', I could literally never belt one into the top corner with my weak foot from that far out like Maddison did.

Player - Vardy - surely it's his year. Could have been Ricardo if not for his injury.

Young Player - Barnes - you would really have to question the sanity of anyone voting otherwise here.

Vardy pips Cags to POTS because of the suspension for me and hopefully he gets the golden boot anyway as recognition for his season. 

Barnes for goal of the season at Sheffield United because it was an absolute rocket and a great technique (feels like a few seasons ago now) and also for YPOTS which would hopefully do his confidence good, because there's a very special player in there somewhere. 

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Savage has been POTY twice but Vardy’s never won it 

Vardy 

Barnes for the other two 

This sums it up, for some reason English football fans love people who run around and look like they’re doing a lot, when in actual fact the stuff they’re doing is mostly pointless and potentially a hindrance...kind of like how people are mulling over voting for Soyuncu here. 

Goal : Barnes

Player: Vardy

Young player: Barnes.

The most straight forward decisions you will ever see.

I really do not understand fans who seem to always go blind and love a cliche player who ‘works hard, does his job’ over a true elite striker with statistics that hold up with the very best of his generation and beyond, it really is mind boggling.

Savage winning it twice, Maguire in 17/18(we conceded 60 goals!) Vardy scored 20 prem goals in a mid table team 🤦‍♂️ To name a few bizarre picks.

Evans is an upper average defender, he’s steady but how can he even be in the question in reality.

Ricardo, Ndidi and Kasper are the only players who are even in the convosation.

Ricardo has got injured unfortunately, Kaspers mistake at Bournemouth unfortunately costs him and Ndidi has gone missing a bit too much when we’re down in games for me.

Vardy on the other hand has blitzed most of the season until defender, still performed when we have been battered(he was fantastic away at City). Struggled with injury and was in and out the team on his bad run but we showed how much we missed him away to Norwich. Comes back from injury to score a brace but then lockdown stops him getting to the 100 club.

A slow start of 3 games after lockdown but as soon as he’s broke his duck he’s looked great, very good games vs Arsenal and Sheffield Utd in particular.

Top scorer, likely golden boot. It’s quite incredible how good he is but maybe that’s why he doesn’t get player of the seasons ever , because it’s almost expected now so it’s not as exciting As seeing a young Harry Maguire look flashy but ultimately statistically didn’t perform that well really.

• Like 3

I still find 17/18 the most baffling player of the season award I can ever remember.

We were the biggest one-man team in the division that season. Vardy scored 20 goals in a Claude Puel side that gave him no service. Pretty sure he was way ahead of shots to goal ratio in the PL that season. We'd have been relegation battlers without Vardy's goals that year.

We conceded like a sieve and Maguire made several mistakes which led to goals, but he somehow won it because of his flashy, marauding runs forward which never led to anything. Mainly because he was new and still a novelty and we'd all become complacent to Vardy's genius.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Just voted;

Goal = Ricardo 

Player = Vardy

Young Player = Barnes

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

This is what I will be going with as well.

I was surprised that Nacho's last minute winner against Everton didn't make the shortlist 

Also my three votes.

As good as Cags and Evans have been, and as brilliant as Ricardo was before he was healthy, I just don’t see how Vardy doesn’t deserve it. 

Ricardo’s goal was brilliant and there are very few players in the world who can score that sort of goal (on the weak foot too). 

None of the other young players have come close to matching Barnes’s overall goal contributions this season. While he could have had more, he still claimed a nifty haul for his first full season in the Premier League. 

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Goal Vardy v Bournemouth (I wanted to vote for Nacho at home to Everton, but surprisingly not an option)

Player: Vardy - The mans about to do what no Leicester player has done since Gary Lineker and win a golden boot - even then Lineker only shared it. Check out the stats in crazy stat thread. Amazed anyone can vote for anyone else.

Young player Barnes: 15 goal involvements for a young lad, arguably should be 20 which is elite level. Should win this with 100% of the vote.

Easiest awards decision ever this season, but we do have some weird supporters.

Definitely this for me too.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

6 goals and 8 assists and you don't win young player of the season over a player who's made just 10 PL starts? Justin has impressed me but Barnes surely has that sewn up.

JJ came from league two to one season in league one to 10 starts in the Prem. Harvey Spent a whole season on loan in the championship with 2 clubs, and 1000+ minutes of prem football before this season started. Strength of cup competition opposition notwithstanding.

Maybe @TK95 and I just have different criterion. One that thinks that JJ has made a much bigger step up this season than Harvey.

Edited by NewEnglandFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Goal : Barnes

Player: Vardy

Young player: Barnes.

The most straight forward decisions you will ever see.

I really do not understand fans who seem to always go blind and love a cliche player who ‘works hard, does his job’ over a true elite striker with statistics that hold up with the very best of his generation and beyond, it really is mind boggling.

Savage winning it twice, Maguire in 17/18(we conceded 60 goals!) Vardy scored 20 prem goals in a mid table team 🤦‍♂️ To name a few bizarre picks.

Evans is an upper average defender, he’s steady but how can he even be in the question in reality.

Ricardo, Ndidi and Kasper are the only players who are even in the convosation.

Ricardo has got injured unfortunately, Kaspers mistake at Bournemouth unfortunately costs him and Ndidi has gone missing a bit too much when we’re down in games for me.

Vardy on the other hand has blitzed most of the season until defender, still performed when we have been battered(he was fantastic away at City). Struggled with injury and was in and out the team on his bad run but we showed how much we missed him away to Norwich. Comes back from injury to score a brace but then lockdown stops him getting to the 100 club.

A slow start of 3 games after lockdown but as soon as he’s broke his duck he’s looked great, very good games vs Arsenal and Sheffield Utd in particular.

Top scorer, likely golden boot. It’s quite incredible how good he is but maybe that’s why he doesn’t get player of the seasons ever , because it’s almost expected now so it’s not as exciting As seeing a young Harry Maguire look flashy but ultimately statistically didn’t perform that well really.

How can you rule out Evans and soyuncu?

Both been incredibly consistent all season

Player has got to be Vardy really, as consistent as the likes of Kasper, Evans and Wilf have been. 

Young player clearly Barnes. Even if you rate Justin he's played about 10 games and Barnes has been pretty crucial to our season.

Goalwise, not exactly a sparkling list. Actually went for Vardy v Arsenal as the build up play was sensational.