Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

2020/2021 Home Kit (New Sponsor)

59 minutes ago, Bert said:

Totally agree mate. Literally only stated I was bored of hearing it already because it’s the same every year. People aren’t gonna like it that’s fine. We don’t need to be reminded every single time. 

It’s also shit like this that I can’t stand, embarrassment. 

9C550CB4-BBFE-4303-8A43-4C4E63F30B87.jpeg

The Manics worst album as well!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It seems so weird. I would buy a Thailand smiles with you one but I won't buy a king power one. I have too many king power blue shirts it's just a waste of money.

It’s criminal that you have to buy a normal shirt first. But I’m sure there will be ways around it. It’s very rare that I buy shirts, and even if I did there would be no way I’d be £110 to have two shirts with two different sponsors on. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

It’s criminal that you have to buy a normal shirt first. But I’m sure there will be ways around it. It’s very rare that I buy shirts, and even if I did there would be no way I’d be £110 to have two shirts with two different sponsors on. 

Does seem insane, and the club should correct it. But maybe we could set up something on here with people who have a KP one to allow people to buy the Thailand ones?

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Guess you missed the bit where I said "in my opinion" too. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact most seem to disagree.

The sky blue point was a hypothetical one. You wouldn't claim sky blue and royal blue were the same colour so it's a bit daft of you to say the gold trim we have now is comparable to the 90s away kits. Your argument that people who like one but not the other are hypocrites just doesn't hold water on that basis.

Well no because the bit I put in bold didn’t state in your opinion. I actually claimed it was hypocritical for gold to be fine in the 90’s but not now. Either way we’re going round in circles, all because I said I was bored of people moaning about gold. Wouldn’t have minded if I aimed it at someone specifically, but I didn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well no because the bit I put in bold didn’t state in your opinion. I actually claimed it was hypocritical for gold to be fine in the 90’s but not now. Either way we’re going round in circles, all because I said I was bored of people moaning about gold. Wouldn’t have minded if I aimed it at someone specifically, but I didn’t. 

Christ on a bike do I really need to qualify every single point I make within the same post by using the phrase "in my opinion" to make it abundantly clear that that's what it is? lol

You've still not grasped the point that I and others have made that you can't really compare the "gold" from 25 years ago to the gold now because they're not close to being the same colour, but whatever. If you feel you've made people with decent colour vision look daft because they've pointed out something very obvious then so be it. Have a gold medal...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Does seem insane, and the club should correct it. But maybe we could set up something on here with people who have a KP one to allow people to buy the Thailand ones?

I’m sure something like that could be arranged. 

• Like 1

At some point - I want to say early 2000s - there was a big trend in the US for teams to change their colors to darker variants.  Royal blue became navy blue. red became dark red. And yellow became “gold”. There are numerous examples of this, but the worst example may have been my city’s hockey team - Pittsburgh Penguins - which changed the yellow to “Vegas gold” which is pretty much the gold color that LCFC have used recently.  I hated this trend - everything just became bland and lost its character. 

Predictably, and gratefully, teams have started to go back to the bolder brighter colors, including the Penguins who have switched back to yellow. 

This is all to say I don’t like the current gold color. It’s tacky but more importantly it just doesn’t look good (to me), esp when paired with blue on home kit (using it on a black jersey as third kit would be fine - like the title winning year).

But the crux of it for me is that it doesn’t match the logo. I think the kits would look so much better and cohesive by using the same yellow as the logo for the accent color. It would also give the club a unique look in the premier league as opposed to other blue based teams (Chelsea, Everton, Cardiff).

in the past it seems that yellow was used, including yellow kits.  Anybody know when / why the change to gold happened? I thought it may have to do with king power branding and the crown in their logo being gold, but the video the club just released about the kits has a KP logo where the crown is regular yellow. 

IMO this simple switch would make the look much more cohesive and unique. 

as for next years kit, the main issue is the sleeve and shoulder stripes are just so unbalanced. 

Also - when and why did premier clubs start having new kits every year? Was that always the case? Seems crazy to me as an American, they could release the “perfect” kit and you know it will be gone next year. 

Edited by Bats8711
Grammar
  • Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Christ on a bike do I really need to qualify every single point I make within the same post by using the phrase "in my opinion" to make it abundantly clear that that's what it is? lol

You've still not grasped the point that I and others have made that you can't really compare the "gold" from 25 years ago to the gold now because they're not close to being the same colour, but whatever. If you feel you've made people with decent colour vision look daft by pointing out something very obvious then so be it. Have a gold medal...

Well maybe you need to change the way things come across. You’ve still not grasped the point that gold was fine to be on kits 25 years ago (it’s actual gold not yellow, Norwich wear yellow) but for some reason it’s not now. 

Anyway, have a good afternoon Capo. See you at a game sometime. 

5 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

At some point - I want to say early 2000s - there was a big trend in the US for teams to change their colors to darker variants.  Royal blue became navy blue. red became dark red. And yellow became “gold”. There are numerous examples of this, but the worst example may have been my city’s hockey team - Pittsburgh Penguins - which changed the yellow to “Vegas gold” which is pretty much the gold color that LCFC have used recently.  I hated this trend - everything just became bland and lost its character. 

Predictably, and gratefully, teams have started to go back to the bolder brighter colors, including the Penguins who have switched back to yellow. 

This is all to say I don’t like the current gold color. It’s tacky but more importantly it just doesn’t look good (to me), esp when paired with blue on home kit (using it on a black jersey as third kit would be fine - like the title winning year).

But the crux of it for me is that it doesn’t match the logo. I think the kits would look so much better and cohesive by using the same yellow as the logo for the accent color. It would also give the club a unique look in the premier league as opposed to other blue based teams (Chelsea, Everton, Cardiff).

in the past it seems that yellow was used, including yellow kits.  Anybody know when / why the change to gold happened? I thought it may have to do with king power branding and the crown in their logo being gold, but the video the club just released about the kits has a KP logo where the crown is regular yellow. 

IMO this simple switch would make the look much more cohesive and unique. 

as for next years kit, the main issue is the sleeve and shoulder stripes are just so unbalanced. 

Also - when and why did premier clubs start having new kits every year? Was that always the case? Seems crazy to me as an American, they could release the “perfect” kit and you know it will be gone next year. 

Seems like 3 new kits every single year is the norm now. Its crazy really. Clubs used to get abuse for doing it but now it seems accepted.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well maybe you need to change the way things come across. You’ve still not grasped the point that gold was fine to be on kits 25 years ago (it’s actual gold not yellow, Norwich wear yellow) but for some reason it’s not now. 

Anyway, have a good afternoon Capo. See you at a game sometime. 

If you're seriously claiming the two colours are in any way similar then I'd go for a quick drive up to Barnard Castle.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

If you're seriously claiming the two colours are in any way similar then I'd go for a quick drive up to Barnard Castle.

Just going by the official titles, capo. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Seems like 3 new kits every single year is the norm now. Its crazy really. Clubs used to get abuse for doing it but now it seems accepted.

So it’s not like a mandated thing? Teams could keep jerseys more than a year if they wanted? If that’s the case it’s crazy literally no team does it

5 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

So it’s not like a mandated thing? Teams could keep jerseys more than a year if they wanted? If that’s the case it’s crazy literally no team does it

Probably mandated by the kit manufacturers and sponsors I would have though. No league ruling.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

There is an easy way to stop this, just don't buy into it and don't buy them. See how quick it will stop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

There is an easy way to stop this, just don't buy into it and don't buy them. See how quick it will stop.

It’s a premier league requirement 

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The clubs tweet where Top is photographed with the Thai Prime Minister is getting some pretty damming comments underneath it from Thai nationals. The club will not like that.

Link us lad? I cant see it unless its been deleted.