Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

2020/2021 Home Kit (New Sponsor)

45 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I’m confused. When it says KP is going to “donate” shirt sponsorship to the Thai tourist board for a season, surely we aren’t forgoing a year’s sponsorship revenue? 

Or is this just a clumsy attempt to present a season-long advertising deal as a great act of philanthropy to help Thailand’s tourism-dependent economy recover from Covid-19? 

I'm sure they just mean donate the advertising space for Premier League matches. It doesn't mean we don't get the revenue from sponsorship - after all our owners ARE our sponsorship.

You never know, the Thailand Tourism Board may have paid something towards it. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think it's more to do with subtle corruption in Thailand, kinda like you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Promote Thailand and we will give you the exclusive duty free contract. 

Oh almost definitely, but it also ticks all of those boxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tokyo Foxes said:

Shorts! Why do we appear to be the only Club who chops and changes the colour of their 🩳 shorts?

I like it. I think blue shorts works well with white stripes. I was also a fan of the white shorts with gold stripes for this season.

13 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'm sure they just mean donate the advertising space for Premier League matches. It doesn't mean we don't get the revenue from sponsorship - after all our owners ARE our sponsorship.

Tourist Board is a pure donation from the owners -- King Power is paying the full sponsorship cost. However, "Visit Thailand" is basically advertising King Power, since they have a monopoly on duty free in the country. The worldwide tourism industry has collapsed (although I expect it will pick up next year), and many, many countries are bailing out their tourism industries. If King Power is in line for a government relief check, my guess is they would want to do something like this to soften the "billionaire bailout" stories. Again, absolute pure conjecture -- I have no earthly idea what the COVID-19 economic relief policies of the Thai government are.

• Like 1

The first few released pictures were not too appetizing however having seen the more official photos, with our players, its growing on me slightly. 

The kit was never going to blow us away - They never do.

White shorts would also have been a great improvement.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 09:48, Ricey said:

I don't really see the point in the new sponsor either. I mean, who is seriously going to travel to Thailand just because they've seen a cheesy slogan on a Leicester shirt?

Did you not watch the addy?  What's not to love, further embeds us into Thailand politically, great for Kingpowers security, great for us financially.

500 quid return from East mids.

When you're on holiday in spain or wherever and occasionally you spot some of our fans... is nice, you get a little nod of the head, or sometimes, if you're lucky a new holiday buddy, somone to help you escape from your respective families

In Bangkok Thailand, there's Lineker's bars everywhere, everyone is wearing a Leicester shirt.  No Forest, Villa, Derby, Cov supporters anywhere. I guarantee it.

Would you go if you were one of their fans?

Think about it, even though Rwanda is apparently lovely nowadays i won't go because they sponsor Arsenal.

• Like 1

From a design/brand point of view I can’t for the life of me work out why they aren’t using the Amazing Thailand logo for this:

962F4F26-0CF4-4962-97EE-5F2F2D183D9A.jpeg.fc5a33a11616bb6b3f31b2084efef2b4.jpeg

It literally has a smile on it! 

I personally don’t mind either way, but it would make sense to me to have this on the kit? 

Edited by Phube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phube said:

From a design/brand point of view I can’t for the life of me work out why they aren’t using the Amazing Thailand logo for this:

I personally don’t mind either way, but it would make sense to me to have this on the kit? 

I thought someone said it is "Thailand smiles with you" because of the song When You're Smiling. Might be BS

1 hour ago, Phube said:

Because it’s not just about tourism in Thailand it’s a project that will benefit other industries in Thailand like hospitals

On 23/07/2020 at 21:54, CloudFox said:

Yes I was more pointing out that “donate” is a funny word to use. 

A bit more transparency from the club wouldn’t go amiss tbh. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It always baffles me why the 3rd kit is seldom ready to be released at the same time as the home and away, it seems to be like this every other year. Bad planning or do it deliberately? 

Deliberate. It will be ready but they like to space them out to maximise sales.

• Like 1