Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

2020/2021 Home Kit (New Sponsor)

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It seems so weird. I would buy a Thailand smiles with you one but I won't buy a king power one. I have too many king power blue shirts it's just a waste of money.

Get a mate to buy one then give them the cash for your Thai tourist board one :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

So the gold in the mid 90’s is fine but the gold we have now isn’t it lol Very hypocritical. 

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said "semantics aside" then? Just because they're both officially registered as "gold" doesn't mean they're anywhere even close to being near the same colour. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that. One of those colours, in my opinion, looks decent on a Leicester *away* shirt. The other shouldn't be anywhere near any football shirt and looks decent around Usain Bolt's neck.

By your logic any Leicester fan would be a hypocrite if we changed our home colours to match Cov's and they kicked off about it. They're both "blue" after all, so what's the problem?

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess you missed the part of my post where I said "semantics aside" then? Just because they're both officially registered as "gold" doesn't mean they're anywhere even close to being near the same colour. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that. One of those colours, in my opinion, looks decent on a Leicester *away* shirt. The other shouldn't be anywhere near any football shirt and looks decent around Usain Bolt's neck.

By your logic any Leicester fan would be a hypocrite if we changed our home colours to match Cov's and they kicked off about it. They're both "blue" after all, so what's the problem?

Why because you said so? 

Well isn’t that really the point? It’s not like the club have gave us a sky blue shirt, it’s a tiny bit of gold and people pick that out as the shirt being so terrible. As I’ve said ten times now, it’s the same boring moans every year and they’re attention moans. Couldn’t care less if people don’t like it.

Maybe I wouldn’t be bothered so much if it wasn’t the same crowd every time because they think they’re above certain others. 

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

Top one is yellow. No qualms. Bottom one is gold, back then that was as close to gold as you were getting. 

Another gold kit we had:

18D0047D-7BB6-4973-87A1-E9A1B221D603.jpeg

All of those are variations of yellow in my opinion.

This is gold:

image.png.44068618b16895e0df1615d15d2c891c.png

• Like 3

I think @Bert's point is that there are some people who find any excuse to moan about anything, and whilst that is their right, it generally diminishes the enjoyability of the forum. And no, this does not mean 'you may not criticise things', but it almost feels like a compulsion in some.

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

Totally agree mate. Literally only stated I was bored of hearing it already because it’s the same every year. People aren’t gonna like it that’s fine. We don’t need to be reminded every single time. 

It’s also shit like this that I can’t stand, embarrassment. 

9C550CB4-BBFE-4303-8A43-4C4E63F30B87.jpeg

Jesus wept. 

That Gold Dress is the LCFC Women's Kit 

safe_image.php?d=AQAKjfLwjvKCcQ4i&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fresources.lcfc.com%2Fleicesterfc%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F07%2F23%2Fca16fe42-7ed5-4de2-9c6e-9dfb4cb98ab1%2FS__20537601_0.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_eui2=AeHIUzHLjCKvgtzUKwH7dpzMFMbKNUaEEUkUxso1RoQRSR_v7_OhZs4wNqVC-w-TrjQ&_nc_hash=AQAkmF1IfgmMXXNP

Thailand Smiles With You 🦊🇹🇭

Khun Top was joined by Thailand Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha in Bangkok on Thursday to pledge the support of Leicester City and King Power to the country’s emergence from the COVID-19 crisis 👇

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think @Bert's point is that there are some people who find any excuse to moan about anything, and whilst that is their right, it generally diminishes the enjoyability of the forum. And no, this does not mean 'you may not criticise things', but it almost feels like a compulsion in some.

I mean, this is subjective, no? I doubt the people on here arguing about the creeping inclusion of gold over the last few years sit there and think "oh man, I like this kit, but JESUS CHRIST I cannot show it on a forum, must post my dislike."

If someone genuinely dislikes an aspect of it, are they "finding any excuse to moan about anything" or are they just offering an opinion that contradicts yours because you both believe different things frequently. That happens. The doubling, tripling and quadrupling down of certain individuals who have the temerity to offer an alternative opinion is just a little bit weird and childish tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'm never bothered when the owners do things like this.

It's not necessarily about getting people to visit Thailand. King Power have done this so that they continue to be in the government's good books so that they can continue to get favourable deals like the duty free monopolies they renegotiated last year. It's all part of their business plan.

They've done it in a way that is totally inoffensive on our kit (looks just the same as KP would), and we'll probably never hear about it again throughout the season. I also quite like the fact they've used When You're Smiling's lyrics as part of the slogan.

I've got absolutely no problem with the kit either. Blue shorts and gold have been worn in our most successful years, as has been said many times. It's not ugly, it looks virtually the same as last season's barring some different sleeve cuffs. The keeper kits are a bit naff but who cares?

I confess I missed that. That's class.

The shirt design leaves a lot to be desired, but I mean whatever. As long as our backline isn't stopped dead in their tracks every time they look back and see Schmeichel wearing the clothing equivalent of week-old lasagna, i'm fine with this for a season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why because you said so? 

Well isn’t that really the point? It’s not like the club have gave us a sky blue shirt, it’s a tiny bit of gold and people pick that out as the shirt being so terrible. As I’ve said ten times now, it’s the same boring moans every year and they’re attention moans. Couldn’t care less if people don’t like it.

Maybe I wouldn’t be bothered so much if it wasn’t the same crowd every time because they think they’re above certain others. 

Guess you missed the bit where I said "in my opinion" too. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact most seem to disagree.

The sky blue point was a hypothetical one. You wouldn't claim sky blue and royal blue were the same colour so it's a bit daft of you to say the gold trim we have now is comparable to the 90s away kits. Your argument that people who like one but not the other are hypocrites just doesn't hold water on that basis.

Edited by Voll Blau

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I mean, this is subjective, no? I doubt the people on here arguing about the creeping inclusion of gold over the last few years sit there and think "oh man, I like this kit, but JESUS CHRIST I cannot show it on a forum, must post my dislike."

If someone genuinely dislikes an aspect of it, are they "finding any excuse to moan about anything" or are they just offering an opinion that contradicts yours because you both believe different things frequently. That happens. The doubling, tripling and quadrupling down of certain individuals who have the temerity to offer an alternative opinion is just a little bit weird and childish tbh.

No. I just think people like to moan and find fault. That's all. 

People getting twisted out of shape by a kit or a colour is beyond me.....

Does seem a core of people on this forum who love to be negative about everything the club does, ground is crap, clappers are crap, shirts are crap, pre-KO show is crap, academy is crap etc etc.