Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

People need to read the laws of the game, if they don't think thats a red.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY (FA WEBSITE)

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure about that puss ...  still got loads of goals in him at the highest level. 

Would rather have Lindgard or Bamford though ..

I'd agree he has plenty left in him, because he is smart, but he isn't as mobile as he was.

I guess you could point to someone like Ronaldo, who adapted his game to great effect,

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People need to read the laws of the game, if they don't think thats a red.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY (FA WEBSITE)

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

All down to interpretation. As you can tell from discussions on here, some think it was, some don't.

Sterling stamped on the keepers hand, does that not justify a red based on the above, "endangering an opponent". Cooper clears the ball, and as his leg naturally comes down it catches Jesus. For me not enough to conclude he was reckless.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

All down to interpretation. As you can tell from discussions on here, some think it was, some don't.

Sterling stamped on the keepers hand, does that not justify a red based on the above, "endangering an opponent". Cooper clears the ball, and as his leg naturally comes down it catches Jesus. For me not enough to conclude he was reckless.

His leg wasn't coming down as he went in to Jesus though. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I play football and can understand what's dangerous and what isn't. That's just having a different perspective. I don't think you can sweepingly say people don't know what they're talking about or have/haven't played just through a difference of opinion

Absolutely, it's not the be all and end all but having played football does help understand actions/reactions a bit more.

Just now, StanSP said:

His leg wasn't coming down as he went in to Jesus though. 

He'd barely cleared the ball. Of Jesus was two steps further away, nothing happens. It's just a coming together for me. He's not missed the ball, gone over the ball etc. I could understand if his leg cleared the ball at waist/chest height and he then catches a player, that would be reckless as his leg shouldn't be that high.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I dont like that it’s a red but under the laws of the game it 100% is .....

The laws support the decision but we all now how unclear laws can be. Handball a great example.

Similar in rugby too with red cards being checked for certain criteria which to some extent is to the refs interpretation.

If Man C don't win, will Pep say "they did nothing" and "only 1 team was trying to play"? Course he won't, he'll wax lyrical about how good Leeds are and how Bielsa is the best thing ever. Will the Man City players all moan about the way Leeds were defensive etc? Nah Pep won't allow it. Bell end! 

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It an out of control lunge at the ball.

Paul Dickov who probably know a bad tackle when he see one.  "That is naughty. It is a leg-breaking tackle. And Gabriel Jesus is lucky he is back on his feet. What was Liam Cooper thinking?

Let see how may ex-pros think thats not a red in the post match analysis. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All well and good commentators lauding Man City's goals to game ratio under Pep but it would be handy if they mentioned the hundreds of millions of pounds they've spent to help lol

Be fair. Its only just over 832 million since he took over. Its not like they've bought themselves the league ...

• Haha 2