Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Things are just turning against Fulham again now. They were just about picking up enough points and scraping results together earlier in the season, but things are falling the other way now. If Newcastle stay up it'll be the spawniest survival going. They've been absolutely abject all season. In a way, it's a shame they can't be voted out for being utter garbage.

Gutting result for Fulham, they've gotten themselves into a great position but it seems to have stalled for them at the moment, keeper should have done better with the goal as well.

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I still think it will come down to the Fulham/Newcastle game on the final day. Hope so anyway. Love a bit of relegation drama.

Sky sports have absolutely creamed themselves at the thought of hyping that game up 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m surprised so many are confident Fulham are down. Newcastle could easily not pick up a point until the last 2 of the season. 

Then it’s down to who’s got the bottle 

True, but Fulham don't look like winning any games either. They've just played 3 teams who are gonna finish mid table, who have nothing to play for, and lost all 3. Fulhams next two games are against Arsenal and Chelsea, plus they've got Man United away.

Hopefully there's still something to play for when Newcastle and Fulham meet in the last game of the season.

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m surprised so many are confident Fulham are down. Newcastle could easily not pick up a point until the last 2 of the season. 

To me it's all down to form when it matters. Fulham have played some good football but got little to show for it. However, right now they seem to be running out of steam and confidence. Newcastle on the other hand are picking up and I can see them getting over the line before the last game.

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Newcastle are due a shit house win at the KP, happens every few years.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Newcastle will pick up the odd point here and there to keep them up. Probably manage to sneak a draw against us :dry:

With Fulham having a tough few games and the fact they've now played 2 games more, it's going to be a long shot.

Might keep Bruce in a job but with fans hopefully back it's going to be hard to ignore. 

6 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Kane wants out if spurs don't get CL according to the athletic. Huge for them 

Athletic is usually pretty on the money, that's big news. Would take a huge sum to get him away though. 

But can't say I blame him, Spurs have been there abouts and fallen at the final hurdle a lot. Maybe is time for a new challenge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Kane wants out if spurs don't get CL according to the athletic. Huge for them 

I actually can’t see Spurs making the Champions League this season, this may come back to bite me, but I really don’t think they are consistent enough.

I could see both Liverpool and Chelsea putting a run of wind together, I just can’t see Spurs doing that.

On Kane, he may want out, I’m not sure who would buy him though, Man Utd are the only side I think are stupid enough to pay Spurs asking price for a 28 year old who does tend to have have a period of time on the injury table every season.

He’s a quality player, but no resale value. 
For Man Utd, he’s no guarantee to win trophies so not sure it would be what he wants.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Levy said earlier in the week he can go for 150m. No one is going to pay that for a 28 year old. 

Obviously if Kane pushes for a move then the price will come down but they will still want north of 100m 

Cant see him going due to the price. Only teams that could potentially do it are man u or psg under poch, especially if mbappe goes. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kane is stuck, just like Zaha has been at Palace. This is the perils of signing huge long term deals and approaching mid to late 20's when your side has stagnated. Spurs aren't going to accept 70-80m which is the most anyone will pay, they'd want £150m and that's never ever happening so Harry my old son, you're trapped pal. Unlucky.

Exactly that, there's no way he's leaving for another year or two at least. And by that point you'd think he won't be able to play as big of a role due to those ankles. 

Kane could well be seen by Utd as the missing piece. They may see his potential goals as their route back to dominance for a few years. They might be right. 

Don’t see anyone paying what Levy wants. With his injury issues and drop off in form I can’t see him going for more than £100 million and I’m not sure even Utd would pay that. They might, but I doubt it. Perhaps he’s had the nod from Poch. PSG could splash the cash, but he’s no Vardy and I doubt he’ll still be banging them in 6 years down the line. 

Just so Spursey this. Bottled leaving earlier and now probably missed the boat. 

Fulham's image has really just benefitted from not being the shambles they were last time. I think they should be staying up from the position they got themselves into but no points from the last three is a terrible run.