Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

29 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Fulham down, along with Sheff U and The Baggies. Can't think of any of their players that you'd want to see come to The KingPower? Am I wrong?

I really wouldn't mind Pereira from Albion. 

A very gifted player👍

When was the last time the bottom three was settled with three games still to play?

Turgid stuff all round from all three, and a big get out of jail free card for the likes of Southampton, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley, all of whom were pretty rank themselves this year but scraped the odd key result where needed. Or in Newcastle's case, spanking the ever-obliging Leicester City. :ph34r: Some serious changes needed at all four clubs for them to not be staring down the barrel again next season. I can't see Norwich and Watford sides, both with plenty of seasoned heads who will be hungry to avoid a repeat of their previous PL campaigns, being the same sort of pushover.

Confess I expected WBA to make a better go of it, they looked to be turning a corner at one point, but I think us spanking them and them throwing two points away against Villa in their next game finished them off mentally.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I really wouldn't mind Pereira from Albion. 

A very gifted player👍

Can see him going to Wolves. Be able to stay in Birmingham, play with players and a manager that speak his language etc

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Roy's last game as well as a swansong for many of their players, could evoke something in them but I think that's a comfortable home win.

Put Rodgers back in charge of Liverpool for that one, Big Nige back for our last three and his legendary end-of-season storming runs and we're all good :pearson: :brendan_still:

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Bye bye Fulham...great strike by Chris Woods.....So just the fight for Europe to be sorted between now and last day .....What will Sky do if everything is sorted by then ?

Start flogging our players :whistle:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Put Rodgers back in charge of Liverpool for that one, Big Nige back for our last three and his legendary end-of-season storming runs and we're all good :pearson: :brendan_still:

That begs a good question would Pearson get us over the line in these last 3 games 👀

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

That's abysmal

It's abysmal if it's us.... But the way they play, the long diagonals and balls up to the striker are often likely to get cut out. They only need one of those to go their way and they'll likely take advantage, and likely hold on to the lead it brings.

Sure, it's not fashionable, but it works for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

That's abysmal

They were 1-0 up early on. They don’t play pretty football anyway but they were more than capable of holding their lead against Fulham. 

I thought they were effective tonight, scored a couple, defended resolutely, broke well. Absolutely no need to play attractive football if you can bring home 3pts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Let's hope your right, although I can see Spurs wanting to give Harry Kane a great send off for his last match.

In 3 of the last 4 seasons, we've played Spurs in either the last or the penultimate game of the season. The results: 2017 lost 6-1 at home; 2018 lost 5-4 away; 2020 lost 3-0 away. Also, our home record of losses against teams where we've won away already includes Arsenal, Aston Villa, Fulham, Leeds, Manchester City and Newcastle, and we won away at Spurs. So the runes aren't looking at all good for that final home match.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

MNF awards coming up.... always a good laugh lol we might have actually snuck a few mentions in if it wasn't for Friday night.

Maguire in Neville's team of the season!!

Kanté in Carragher's. Love him obviously but he can't be in team of the season based on this season as a whole.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Maguire in Neville's team of the season!!

Kanté in Carragher's. Love him obviously but he can't be in team of the season based on this season as a whole.

It's just all so predictable, only saviour in Carras was Coufal at right back....