Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Don’t be stupid mate...

E72C1D73-0ADC-4164-B94B-3C008DE0A7EE.thumb.jpeg.427c9299be68d6235ba6031fbef2029a.jpeg

Rashford and Maguire inclusions are laughable. Mendy as keeper also not for me. 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

47D4A669-A1EA-45AD-A732-7C3168366772.thumb.jpeg.a7108c6e30a88314d9dddf2ef103c66e.jpeg

Kante has been pretty average until recently, Son has been hit and miss. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

If you’re putting Martinez in, then you put Kasper in. 

He’s also called Soucek signing of the season (which would be fair if he didn’t technically sign last season) but not included in team of the year... how does that work? 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Did we have any players in last year? Surely Vardy or Soyuncu were in at least one?

No, it's the same every year since they started doing it. 

It's odd, if I went on there i'd probably only pick on Leicester player for fear of being biased, and then neville goes and does that lol just does not give a shit does he

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why do people even care about this type of stuff? 

It's more the contradiction of the last few weeks for me.... neville: "HOW DARE THESE BASTARDS DO THIS"... proceeds to pick players solely from the big six despite them under performing and despite the fact spurs might even finish 8th or lower.

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

At the end of the day it's 2 blokes opinions. 

However, it wasn't long ago Neville was slagging of the 'big 6' yet he fills the team with them. He had a chance to make a statement tonight and give some other teams some credit. 

Just now, AjcW said:

It's more the contradiction of the last few weeks for me.... neville: "HOW DARE THESE BASTARDS DO THIS"... proceeds to pick players solely from the big six despite them under performing and despite the fact spurs might even finish 8th or lower.

You do realise they just do it to appease all the arm chair fans of the ‘big 6’ clubs so they carry on paying their subscriptions. 

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

You do realise they just do it to appease all the arm chair fans of the ‘big 6’ clubs so they carry on paying their subscriptions. 

Oh come on mate. Just like I’m not going to cancel mine because of it, they’re not going to cancel theirs lol...

Yes, it’s to cause a debate on Twitter... but it’s not because of subs.

The reason it’s annoying is because for most of the season the two of them talk sense and provide good analysis, balanced analysis too. 

Then you stick them in front of XI names to fill and they turn into a couple of 16 years olds In college backing their own sides or “the big sides” 

At the very least sky should get 6 or 7 of the usual game pundits to select, to make it more interesting and provide a good comparison and debate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

All this positive talk of Parker and even suggestions of him getting the Spurs job. What am I missing? Fulham have been awful 

Credit to Dyche again. I know it's not always pretty, but he does a job for Burnley. Would be curious to see him at a club with more money to splash. He would lose his go to argument though! lol

For old times' sake, I feel your post would benefit from accompanying illustrations.....

dyche-pennies.gifnige-money.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I suppose it doesn't really matter but I just think there is too much focus on what you do for a top team ahead of everyone else.

I'd suggest a player getting 15-20 goals in a Newcastle, Burnley, Southampton team is worthy of being in contention because they won't be getting 5/6 chances a game and they'll be involved in a lot tighter matches so those goals could add a stack of points. Top strikers tend to stat pad to boost numbers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Bye bye Fulham...great strike by Chris Woods.....So just the fight for Europe to be sorted between now and last day .....What will Sky do if everything is sorted by then ?

Have a feeling that the last day will be Liverpool overtaking us to sneak 4th spot. Which Sky wil love :-(

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well for us we have Spurs who are crap, they will be very deflated with no cl, Man U who are likely to play a second string and Chelsea will likely be safe and have their eye on CL 

We'll need a win on the last day to secure Champions League, and Son will open the scoring on 7 minutes.......

55 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Have a feeling that the last day will be Liverpool overtaking us to sneak 4th spot. Which Sky wil love :-(

You can see it now. Dr Teeth celebrating on the touchline, whilst the Sky pundits declare it a miracle that Liverpool could have achieved it despite being the only team in the league to have any injuries.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

If you’re putting Martinez in, then you put Kasper in. 

He’s also called Soucek signing of the season (which would be fair if he didn’t technically sign last season) but not included in team of the year... how does that work? 

Martinez has 14 clean sheets for a team that just avoided relegation last season.

Not bad for a keeper that couldn’t get a sniff for Arsenal. Not sure why you think Kasper should be there.

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Martinez has 14 clean sheets for a team that just avoided relegation last season.

Not bad for a keeper that couldn’t get a sniff for Arsenal. Not sure why you think Kasper should be there.

Bit reactionary of me at the time lol actually really like Martinez. 

• Like 1