Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah we will have to assume that Liverpool will win all their remaining games. They are capable and have the most to gain.

I presume ManU were benching a lot of their big players (Rashford, Bruno, Pogba etc) for the Liverpool match given that the PL in all their wisdom think it's fine that ManU should get 48 hrs rest while Liverpool had FIVE DAYS. I get that it was ManU fans that caused the original game to be called off but this is a league. Games effect other teams, not just those actually playing. So we (along with WH, Chelsea, Spurs even Everton) wouldn't mind this game being played fairly by the PL and not have one of them having only played 48hrs beforehand.

7 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Yes I’m in the pessimistic bastard fan club to,  I think Liverpool will draw at Man U and win the rest so we need 4pts big ask, 

You're putting yourself under added pressure by getting your maths wrong!! A draw and 3 wins sees them end up on 67 points, so we now just need 2 points to guarantee it, regardless of other teams results. 

Of course, the news today is all about Man. City's achievement and well done to them, overall they have deserved it but our magnificent performance and victory last night has not only been overshadowed but more or less paled into insignificance. But that is football.

26 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Of course, the news today is all about Man. City's achievement and well done to them, overall they have deserved it but our magnificent performance and victory last night has not only been overshadowed but more or less paled into insignificance. But that is football.

To be quite honest, I don't care if the media don't take us seriously. Doesn't stop me from enjoying a very successful period for the club. If we win on Saturday then people might talk a bit more but even if they don't, I am not going to get bothered by it. Too many people seem to be irritated by Leicester not getting enough airtime or recognition.

• Like 3

Trevor Sinclair saying anything to try to stay relevant, complete bellend. 

Can't deduct points off a team for making 10 changes when they play that close together for 3 games. Man City made 9 changes at the weekend but "that's a privilege" to quote him. 

this did make me chuckle in response

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Trevor Sinclair saying anything to try to stay relevant, complete bellend. 

Can't deduct points off a team for making 10 changes when they play that close together for 3 games. Man City made 9 changes at the weekend but "that's a privilege" to quote him. 

this did make me chuckle in response

Squads rotate it’s been done all season, it’s been a funny season... needs to get over it, didn’t hear these complaints when Man City made changes at the weekend 

• Like 4

Man Utd will likely make around 10 changes again tomorrow, so should they be deducted points for that too? Are we punishing for the number of changes or are we punishing for the perceived strength of the team, which would be subjective? If you are punishing them for the latter, you are calling every team selection into question. You could punish us for leaving out Vardy or Tielemans. You could punish Man City every time they rest De Bruyne. Clubs have a squad for a reason and can use it as they see fit. Solskjaer was in a difficult position last night, with 3 games in 5 days, and one team was bound to benefit, if not us, then Liverpool would. He has to think of his players fitness levels and injury risk after a long busy season, he's got a European final coming up and won't want half his team picking up muscle injuries a few weeks before.

• Like 2

The only people who should be fined (since we can't deduct them points) is the PL for making a team (any team) play three games over 5 days (though 4 days from first game to third). The fixture timetable this season has been a joke and almost certainly a direct reason players have been injured. 

37 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

To be quite honest, I don't care if the media don't take us seriously. Doesn't stop me from enjoying a very successful period for the club. If we win on Saturday then people might talk a bit more but even if they don't, I am not going to get bothered by it. Too many people seem to be irritated by Leicester not getting enough airtime or recognition.

Well, yes, like a good many others I do get irritated and have never sought to hide it. Why shouldn't Leicester City & Brendan Rodgers get the recognition they deserve? And when we come to lift the trophy on Saturday nothing will change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, yes, like a good many others I do get irritated and have never sought to hide it. Why shouldn't Leicester City & Brendan Rodgers get the recognition they deserve? And when we come to lift the trophy on Saturday nothing will change.

Me too, and recognition results in a growing global fan base which results in growing the “brand” which means increased revenue.  So there’s a practical reason for wanting a fair level of recognition too.

And it’s not just us, I’d like to hear way, way less about the “big 6” and way, way more about every other club in the PL. 

• Like 1

Anyone else looking forwards to the final day of the season, as the sky cameras dash between our game, Man City v Everton and Arsenal Brighton as the big up the three way battle for a place in the First Ever European Conference!!!

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Squads rotate it’s been done all season, it’s been a funny season... needs to get over it, didn’t hear these complaints when Man City made changes at the weekend 

And Man Utd’s team last night still cost more than ours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No point having a squad if you can’t use it. Liverpool fans will cry but there lack of rotation in the last few years have prob ruined them. It wasn’t this one game if they miss out on champs league they have been shite this season so it’s their own fault 

Found this an odd quote from Ole, surely they are no nearer to Man City than Spurs were to us when we won the league...?

"Of course, this is not the position we want to be in. But the sensible answer is that we pushed City to the last 10, 12 days of the season.

Edited by rico

49 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

The only people who should be fined (since we can't deduct them points) is the PL for making a team (any team) play three games over 5 days (though 4 days from first game to third). The fixture timetable this season has been a joke and almost certainly a direct reason players have been injured. 

Calm down Jurgen. 

West Ham and Liverpool fans gone full conspiratorial. It's not like Man Utd had a game 2 days ago and have another 2 days later. 3 games in 6 days. Yes go full strength in all 3 and potentially ruin your players before a EuropaLeague final.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Was it mick Mccarthys wolves who got a pretty substantial fine for making a raft of changes a number of years ago? A lot was made of the fact that big teams with decent squads do it often and nobody ever bat's an eyelid. Hypocrisy for a change. 

After that Wolves game, and the widespread criticism I think they abandoned the idea of fining teams. I think what was strange about that one was that Wolves didn't have a game just before that one, they had a game against a weaker opponent just after and decided that the second game was more winnable. So in a way they weren't resting due to tiredness, they were judging which game would be best play their best players and essentially throwing the first game. But at the end of they day, it's their squad to use as they see fit.

• Like 1