Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

But if Chelsea beat Arsenal, and Utd beat Liverpool, then Chelsea would have nothing to play for against us in the league, yet we’d still need a point

But isn’t that also based on West Ham winning at Brighton? If the above happens and West Ham drop points at Brighton, we finish 4th at least? 

29 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

But if Chelsea beat Arsenal, and Utd beat Liverpool, then Chelsea would have nothing to play for against us in the league, yet we’d still need a point

This is what I’m thinking although a West Ham win at the weekend means Chelsea would need a point to be certain and we would have to make sure we didn’t lose by a hatful to Spurs .......that’s never happened before at home last home game of the season against them .....

I'm hoping for Man U to beat Liverpool and then Liverpool to draw with Burnley (Dyche would love to have a double over Liverpool on his CV)

Brighton to Draw with WHU.

It would all be done and dusted then without needing anymore points.

• Like 1

Brilliant win tonight. Still not a convincing performance, but nevertheless a brilliant win.

However, (and I'm a pessimistic ****ard most of the time) I'm still really worried. Someone please tell me it's my natural pessimism, but I'm concerned about the "nearly there" comments from fans and pundits. I still think there's loads to do. I think Liverpool will get something on Thursday, may be a point, and I think they win their last three games. So...67 points. I think we'll draw with Chelsea, and Spurs usually spank us. So...67 points.  Liverpool do us on goal difference :mellow:

Just now, Twitcher said:

Brilliant win tonight. Still not a convincing performance, but nevertheless a brilliant win.

However, (and I'm a pessimistic ****ard most of the time) I'm still really worried. Someone please tell me it's my natural pessimism, but I'm concerned about the "nearly there" comments from fans and pundits. I still think there's loads to do. I think Liverpool will get something on Thursday, may be a point, and I think they win their last three games. So...67 points. I think we'll draw with Chelsea, and Spurs usually spank us. So...67 points.  Liverpool do us on goal difference :mellow:

Fair enough fella. Stand back and ask yourself - which position would you rather be in, Liverpool's our ours?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Until its done, be cautious. Sorry 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Fair enough fella. Stand back and ask yourself - which position would you rather be in, Liverpool's our ours?

Yes when you put it like that; us. Thanks. One good thing; I'm not worried about anyone else, just Liverpool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Yes when you put it like that; us. Thanks. One good thing; I'm not worried about anyone else, just Liverpool.

There are no guaranteed results, especially not this season when only Man City have put together anything like a proper string of wins. 

2 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Until its done, be cautious. Sorry 

Yes. Liverpool beating Man U. would be bad. Deflates our players ahead of the final, and gives Liverpool real momentum. Thursday crucial for me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I'm hoping for Man U to beat Liverpool and then Liverpool to draw with Burnley (Dyche would love to have a double over Liverpool on his CV)

Brighton to Draw with WHU.

It would all be done and dusted then without needing anymore points.

Everton can still catch us

11 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

True, but that did feel a huge win - it categorically puts the situation in our hands and in turn spells out to Liverpool that they will need to go perfect - adding that bit of pressure and tension. 

It’s also huge for Saturday - instills some always needed confidence and for me, that game is just as important in determining what we do in our two league games despite it being worth diddly in terms of points.

• Like 1

So Leicester won the title for Man.city...

Kicked them up the ass , outthinking out playing them for a 3-5 win at their gaff..!! A Make-up call..!!

Then again away...gave their Irritating neighbours a black-eye to händ them the title..

Whatever..Well done to Manchester city, and blue-moon fans, they fully deserved it and have played some truelly great football..

I do Hope they win the Champions-League, though that European  weak-under-belly has to be hardened up a bit, and mental-discipline tightened up..!

3 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Yes I’m in the pessimistic bastard fan club to,  I think Liverpool will draw at Man U and win the rest so we need 4pts big ask, 

5 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Yes I’m in the pessimistic bastard fan club to,  I think Liverpool will draw at Man U and win the rest so we need 4pts big ask, 

3 wins and a draw 10 points, Liverpool 9 behind in that scenario 2 points would be enough.