Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

A win at United

Chelsea beat Arsenal

United beat Liverpool

Then Chelsea and us will have sealed Champions League place if we draw with each other, I believe! (Get it fixed between us - help Chelsea with a non competitive draw before CL final)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

WBA

Burnley

Palace... all wins

Draw at Manure.

Sure... not like West Brom and burnley aren’t capable and Man U would really want to smash them. Both have gotten good results... anyway we will beat a weakened Man U and a deflated Spurs 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

WBA

Burnley

Palace... all wins

Draw at Manure.

Big Sean will fire his troops up for a famous double over the reds on a wet, cold May evening in darkest Lancashire.

• Haha 1

IF we beat Utd, IF Utd beat Liverpool and IF Everton fail to beat Villa, then it is possible that on Saturday, IF West Ham don't beat Brighton, we might qualify for the Champions League AND the Charity Shield on the same day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We HAVE to smell blood on Tuesday, 1-0, 2-1 isn't good enough. We need a rampant 3-0 to put pressure on Liverpool's GD. 

Otherwise, they can pip us with 1-0 wins even if they lose to United and we lose to Chelsea. 

13 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

A win at United

Chelsea beat Arsenal

United beat Liverpool

Then Chelsea and us will have sealed Champions League place if we draw with each other, I believe! (Get it fixed between us - help Chelsea with a non competitive draw before CL final)

Bang on

Everton have done us a massive favour. That should hopefully ease a bit of pressure on the team. 

That being said, i’m looking forward to having a meltdown again on Tuesday lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Everyone thought West Ham would win them all 

After this one. Their run in is still the kindest of the bunch and 67 is a feasible total for them.

We need to match that, but today has at least brought my own fears of needing 69 points down a peg. Win one and scrape a draw and we're set.

The Chelsea game in the league is the one we should now be talking about as far as our own destiny goes right now. That is massive. A six-pointer which would all but seal our place in the Champion's League if we win it. I'm actually more nervous for that game than the cup final now.

Guest bennytwohats
15 minutes ago, weller54 said:

WBA

Burnley

Palace... all wins

Draw at Manure.

WBA, Burnley and Palace can all be stubborn on their day. Not a done deal!

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

After this one. Their run in is still the kindest of the bunch and 67 is a feasible total for them.

We need to match that, but today has at least brought my own fears of needing 69 points down a peg. Win one and scrape a draw and we're set.

The Chelsea game in the league is the one we should now be talking about as far as our own destiny goes right now. That is massive. A six-pointer which would all but seal our place in the Champion's League if we win it. I'm actually more nervous for that game than the cup final now.

I feel like the Chelsea game would have been massive if they lost yesterday. However now they’re ahead of us, even if they lose it, the only need to better our results in one of the other games to reclaim their lead over us.

it’s all so bloody nervewracking

18 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sure... not like West Brom and burnley aren’t capable and Man U would really want to smash them. Both have gotten good results... anyway we will beat a weakened Man U and a deflated Spurs 

I wouldn’t be confident of us beating Burton Albion and Accrington Stanley right now.

15 minutes ago, nnfox said:

IF we beat Utd, IF Utd beat Liverpool and IF Everton fail to beat Villa, then it is possible that on Saturday, IF West Ham don't beat Brighton, we might qualify for the Champions League AND the Charity Shield on the same day!

IF that happens, then we would still not be guaranteed CL as Liverpool can still catch us. We would need West Brom to nick at least a point off them on the Sunday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dames said:

Everton have done us a massive favour. That should hopefully ease a bit of pressure on the team. 

That being said, i’m looking forward to having a meltdown again on Tuesday lol

Said yesterday I thought/hoped they would. Everton still one of the teams I dislike the most though.

Edited by CyprusFox

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

IF that happens, then we would still not be guaranteed CL as Liverpool can still catch us. We would need West Brom to nick at least a point off them on the Sunday.

Can't see that happening

• Haha 1

If anything it makes me more annoyed about Friday. There was always a chance that Everton, who are excellent away from home, would get a result today. We just had to turn up and do the right things, win the game and our position would be very strong.

Unfortunately, we're still vulnerable. West Ham aren't in great form but matches against strugglers to come- what a wasted opportunity to put real distance between us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

If anything it makes me more annoyed about Friday. There was always a chance that Everton, who are excellent away from home, would get a result today. We just had to turn up and do the right things, win the game and our position would be very strong.

Unfortunately, we're still vulnerable. West Ham aren't in great form but matches against strugglers to come- what a wasted opportunity to put real distance between us.

1 poxy point from Southampton and Newcastle!!.

Absolutely horrendous and top bottling job! 🤬🤬

• Like 2

Betting has it virtually a two horse race between Liverpool and us for 4th place.

I daresay Man Utd will determine who finishes top four with their results this week. I would love the Klopp meltdown if Man utd play the stiffs versus us and lose and then turn up for Liverpool to give them a beating,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1