Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Koke said:

We are so much better than Arsenal and Spurs and it's  important we keep that distance. We need to keep building and keep recruiting well to continue staying well clear of them. Arsenal don't have a bottomless pit of money. They can't spend £200m to fix their issues.. neither can Spurs. They are beneath us and we should keep our boot on their neck and keep at least 2 of of them out of top 6.

Spot ****ing on

27 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just an interesting one on the Arsenal goal, if they don’t score - should they have had a free kick on the goal line? 
A deliberate back pass, so the goalkeeper handles it very rarely see it given.

Also the six second rule for goalkeepers is that still a thing? Keepers appear to hold it for 20 - 30 seconds at times and never see them penalised.

I was wondering if he would get sent off? If he’s not allowed to touch it with his hands and he stops the ball going in that’s a red surely? 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yes they want Europa League. They need to be in Europe for  branding purposes + they need the little cash it brings. And it's a possible route into the Champions League. 

Only if they win it. And we all know where they stand on winning things.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I was wondering if he would get sent off? If he’s not allowed to touch it with his hands and he stops the ball going in that’s a red surely? 

Always been a different rule for keepers; its not deemed as handball and therefore 'deliberate handball' and indeed 'preventing a certain goal'. It is simply judged as a pass back. Indirect free kick from edge of 6 yard box I believe?

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's not really like that at all.  10-man Soton and Newcastle were games any club in our position should have won easily, and we ended up with a point from the both of them combined.

Did you miss when teams in “our position” (Liverpool and west ham) dropped points at Newcastle then? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've had some unexpected draws/losses and some unexpected wins this season.

All part of the package of a season.

Yes, I understand that, otherwise seasons would just play out entirely predictably, but if we aren't meant to discuss these things and lament the missed opportunities, then we should probably just wind up the forum for good.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Yes, I understand that, otherwise seasons would just play out entirely predictably, but if we aren't meant to discuss these things and lament the missed opportunities, then we should probably just wind up the forum for good.

Wasn't suggesting we don't discuss them, sir.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Thing is, fella (and this is only addressed to you because you're a sound bloke) it gets out of hand and becomes a rod to always bash the team with. I will not be at all surprised if, come the end of the season, even if we finish in the Top 4, some bright arse will pop up with a 'if we'd won all these home games we'd have won the league' thread. It's the road to perpetual misery.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thing is, fella (and this is only addressed to you because you're a sound bloke) it gets out of hand and becomes a rod to always bash the team with. I will not be at all surprised if, come the end of the season, even if we finish in the Top 4, some bright arse will pop up with a 'if we'd won all these home games we'd have won the league' thread. It's the road to perpetual misery.

That's a good point. If only our home form had been better we would have been challenging Man City. I find infinite joy from that way of thinking.

Chelsea are still favourites on Saturday and rightly so with how good they have been recently and our wobble, but our result last night and this tonight has given us such a boost. We get confidence from a much needed win, and they take a hit to their confidence with a loss. Cracks can appear when a new manager bounce loses! Judging by Tuchel's demeaner, it could be the first time the team see another, not so happy side of him as well! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I guess the counter argument being suggested is that we don't seem to talk about the "unexpected" wins, which puts those "unexpected" losses into context. You can't really have one, without the other, if that makes sense 

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

All that would be left to discuss would be tuna wraps. I'd still log on fir that content but not sure it'd please the masses.

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I guess the counter argument being suggested is that we don't seem to talk about the "unexpected" wins, which puts those "unexpected" losses into context. You can't really have one, without the other, if that makes sense 

You're right. But I'm not entirely sure what point you're making. Should we just take every result on the chin then as inevitable and therefore every match thread would be ... 'well, let's just accept what fate brings' and 'no point feeling happy or sad about it as its all part of a greater plan' or whatever. I'm genuinely puzzled by this concept that we can't lament poor results and celebrate good ones because 'they all even themselves out in the end' which they self evidently don't because we don't finish mid-table every year?

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

All that would be left to discuss would be tuna wraps. I'd still log on fir that content but not sure it'd please the masses.

I'm personally looking forward to the close season and some fish that hasn't come from a tin.