Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

So Man Utd fans are protesting again.

Am I missing something here?

We played them at Old Trafford on Tuesday not a peep from the - the opportunity was there for them.

Do they just not want to play Liverpool or something?

• Like 1

We know clubs in the lower leagues clubs have been deducted points for having to postpone twice. For example Macclesfield were docked 11 points. But in all those cases it came down to player strikes (due to unpaid wages). How does it work if the cause is from outside the club?

Brentford were awarded 3 points when their game with Bolton was postponed (again unpaid wages causing a strike) and the replay being unable to be played within the scheduled season. But again you can clearly blame a club (not that I agree with that blame) for the not playing those games. That doesn't really apply if it's the fans causing the problem. 

I hope ManU fans manage to stop the game being played again. A good use of direct action to show their owners who that club actually belongs to. Also happy that it f's up Sky or BT Sport's scheduling. The absolute cheek of BT to say there'll be no 12.30 kick off for teams who played on Wednesday as if they're doing everybody a favor. If they cared they wouldn't have done it in the first place.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

We played them at Old Trafford on Tuesday not a peep from the - the opportunity was there for them.

Man Utd vs Liverpool is a huge game historically. We aren’t, the audiences are far smaller. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's that we aren't 'relevent the the issue', is the wording I've heard from a Man U fan.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd vs Liverpool is a huge game historically. We aren’t, the audiences are far smaller. 

Regardless i'd expect Man Utd fans to make a stand for every home game, any opportunity to make a stand.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Regardless i'd expect Man Utd fans to make a stand for every home game, any opportunity to make a stand.

They have Fulham next I think, guess we will see if their hearts are really in it, or it’s just some pathetic North East rivalry thing really.

• Like 1

Just now, fazzyfox said:

Yes, but it was raining quite heavily on tuesday bless 'em

Errr...Manchester...hello?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah you’re missing something. It’s the fact that both teams were involved in the attempted ESL breakaway but mainly because of the impact protesting this game will have. Our game at 6pm is quite insignificant on a global scale compared to this one. That being said I hope it goes ahead as I want a Man U win and got some beers in. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's because it's Liverpool. The size of the game first and foremost is bigger than ours.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Which is in the North East, as everyone knows...

:whistle:

Never Wheat Shredded Eat. Learn your rhymes.  :angry:

• Haha 1