Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Chelsea to lose surely is the best result. Next week they will be under the cosh, not us.

We’re we under the cosh against  Southampton or Newcastle?  I’m not sure we were. Chelsea have an FA Cup final and a CL final to play. Top teams are pragmatic, just look at Utd yesterday. 

I think Chelsea fully expect to win on Saturday and outside of our biased bubble, so do most everyone else. An easy 0-0, fans or no fans, would have been on the cards because it would have suited everyone involved for multiple reasons. 

Come the end of the season I can see a lot of egg on the face, and I really hope it’s mine - but I’m not so sure. 

Just now, Aus Fox said:

We didn’t and people need to get over it and move on - no team in football wins every game. Every team over a season will have results they look back on and say if only...

At the end of 38 games every team will be exactly where they deserve to be! 

Agreed; but I don't think people need to get over it. We need to move on for now; but these things do need looking at. Not by us... but by the people that matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I know its pointless saying this, but beating Soton and Newcastle and we're there and chasing down second spot.

also like saying losing to Man U in the quarter finals and last night and we are not in a Final and surely dropping out the top 4

Swings and roundabouts :dunno:

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Honestly quite a likable coach, quite refreshing. Hopefully he has a shitty night on Saturday too!

Yeah he's very honest about making too many changes. Hopefully that leaves em demoralised either way.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

also like saying losing to Man U in the quarter finals and last night and we are not in a Final and surely dropping out the top 4

Swings and roundabouts :dunno:

It's not really like that at all.  10-man Soton and Newcastle were games any club in our position should have won easily, and we ended up with a point from the both of them combined.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I'm not sure they will care. Harry Kane will be thinking of the Euros as will a number of players in their squad (Lloris, Hojberg, Alderwerield). They won't want to get injured playing a dead rubber, whereas we will have some home fans and the motivation to win. Vardy, Thomas, Fofana, Nacho, Ndidi to name 5 won't even be at the Euros (Fofana might be at the U21's?) so can go for it. They don't even know who their manager is next season so even less reason to want to try hard and do something stupid.

Our most difficult opponent in that game will be ourselves! Not letting the occasion get to us is the challenge.

A valid question - will Tottenham care whether they get Europa or not?  I'm honestly not sure.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Once again, The Butterfly Effect. Had we beated Soton and Toon, everything around us would have been altered, so other results could well have changed.

someone mentioned the Aguero missed pen too, but I think Chelsea if lost that game, probably would have pushed harder tonight for a win, rested less players and maybe won comfortably and gone into the Final on saturday brimming with confidence. Absolutely butterfly effect!  

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Yeah he's very honest about making too many changes. Hopefully that leaves em demoralised either way.

No doubt he will become insufferable next season, but he's proved to be a good coach, the first one in history to get to two Champions League finals in two seasons with two different teams, and managed at PSG and Dortmund. I though sacking Lampard was too late, but he's proved that they had a very strong squad, just someone way out of their depth in charge.

But all that said Chelsea are trigger happy so being good may not be good enough. Make no mistake, their owner spent 200m+ in the summer expecting them to challenge for the title or get much closer than they did.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I know its pointless saying this, but beating Soton and Newcastle and we're there and chasing down second spot.

We've had some unexpected draws/losses and some unexpected wins this season.

All part of the package of a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Once again, The Butterfly Effect. Had we beated Soton and Toon, everything around us would have been altered, so other results could well have changed.

Exactly.

Every fan in the country will be looking at their ‘what if?’ games and forgetting the others. 

We’ve also beaten Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea in the league this season. What if we’d lost those?

Swings....... and ....... roundabouts..... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It’s all woven into the fabric already, ask the vikings, it’s just that the pattern only reveals itself when we are right on top of it. 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

A valid question - will Tottenham care whether they get Europa or not?  I'm honestly not sure.

Yes they want Europa League. They need to be in Europe for  branding purposes + they need the little cash it brings. And it's a possible route into the Champions League. 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Levy will probably want some revenue rather than none... the players might be less inclined. But they almost certainly won't want to get into the conference cup or whatever the new one is called. Although even if they ended up in that one, they would just play the youngsters so may not care. For a billion pound stadium, neither one is attractive.

To be honest I don't know is the unsatisfying answer I will give you!

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Yes they want Europa League. They need to be in Europe for  branding purposes + they need the little cash it brings. And it's a possible route into the Champions League. 

They need a chance of top six for europa league... which I’m going to say is unlikely for them