Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

I think that means that, whatever happens, we can’t lose our Champions League chances until the very last game. That’s two seasons in a row now and is amazing progress.

Obviously I hope that the outcome is different this time and we get the result we need in the last game or, even better, beat Chelsea so it doesn’t matter. 

This time it's just the bottling Spuds last game, completely different to last season against Manure who were playing for that CL place!

• Like 1

Just an interesting one on the Arsenal goal, if they don’t score - should they have had a free kick on the goal line? 
A deliberate back pass, so the goalkeeper handles it very rarely see it given.

Also the six second rule for goalkeepers is that still a thing? Keepers appear to hold it for 20 - 30 seconds at times and never see them penalised.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Just an interesting one on the Arsenal goal, if they don’t score - should they have had a free kick on the goal line? 

Also the six second rule for goalkeepers is that still a thing? Keepers appear to hold it for 20 - 30 seconds at times and never see them penalised.

Indirect free-kick on the six-yard line.

• Thanks 1

I think there is a rule that you can't have a free kick insude the 6 yard box.  A free kick would be take back to the 6 yard line.  I think 

I think that rule was dropped a few years ago. It’s now something vague like ‘a reasonable amount of time’ - or, consistent with not wasting time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

Tomorrow is huge. Come on utd 🥴🤮

Yup.  Hard to overstate how big that match is for us.  Even if Man U. hold them to a draw our chances improve hugely.

• Like 2

Just now, LanguedocFox said:

I think that rule was dropped a few years ago. It’s now something vague like ‘a reasonable amount of time’ - or, consistent with not wasting time.

Thanks classic FA, take the rule from something quantifiable and easy to manage to something completely ambiguous!

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Wouldn't be 'Lestoh' though would it.

That’s the fun of a season, things happen you don’t expect. After Newcastle I wouldn’t have thought we would be in third by the time we kicked off in the cup