Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Really like Eze. This Palace side remind me of the time away at theirs where they absolutely destroyed us. Think it was Sousa’s first game in charge of us.

Zaha and Bolasie esque 

Edited by KFS

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

That bamford call is awful

4 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Omg why was that offside ?  Still 1 - 0 Palace but shud be all square 

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How on earth is that offside? Feet are yards on side from what I can see? 

baffling wasn’t it. was his fingertip offside? lol please tell me we are not doing hands or arms.

beautiful free kick for Eze but leeds can consider themselves desperately unlucky.

2 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

How is that Bamford goal offside, surely hands can't be offside? 

According to new handball rules he can. Therefore the offside is correct!

98192BB2-A9B5-4B5C-90CE-3D695E24FF8E.jpeg

Edited by Phube
  • Like 1

Just now, HoChiMinhFOX said:

I get that, doesn't mean its not stupid that his arm can be offside, considering he can't actually score with his hand. 

But he can score from the part of the arm the line is drawn to? Not sure on your point, the hand has nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

VAR has just removed any ounce of common sense that was still remaining in the game. 

Couple of decent finishes by Bamford, strange how much better he has been in the higher level. 

Bamford reminds me of puki. Going through a purple patch but isn’t up to the level that he appears.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Referee should be able to look at it and see that he hasn't gained any advantage from his arm or shoulder being offside and let it stand. No need to draw the lines. 

Offside is nothing to do with advantage, other wise 90% of offsides wouldn’t be. 

It’s a stupid old-fashioned rule to stop goal hanging. The only way to properly deal with it is to get rid of it (would love to see how people would play).