Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really like Wilder so hope they stay up. He's living the dream managing his own club and I still think he's a really decent manager. 

I like Wilder as well but I don't think the club bought very well. They just don't have the talent !

16 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Sheffield United’s signings since coming up have been so poor, as if they don’t bother scouting

Staggering how basic their scouting operation must be. 

My first thought when spending £18m on that keeper was that surely upon surely you could scour Europe and unearth a competent, run of the mill half decent keeper for a million or two. And I probably 25% of the wage

I'd imagine that one of the problems is that Wilder and the Sheff Utd football admin staff are not well networked in those circles

11 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I like Wilder as well but I don't think the club bought very well. They just don't have the talent !

The problem for them is that they are buying players below £20m on the whole and that carries a lot of risk. They're up against teams like Chelsea who can buy who they want, which makes it even harder. Of course, all of this makes it even more incredible that we are achieving what we are. 

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sheff Utd are in serious trouble this season, the signings haven’t been good enough and the loss of Henderson too... 

The only good thing for the teams a the bottom is that there's six if them who are miles off the required standard  (tho I think Brighton and Burnley edge the promoted three and sheff utd)....I think as few as 25 points will clinch 4th bottom this year....so none at the bottom need panic as they are not adrift from safety

34 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Did we rely on Chilwell?? Ricardo is twice the player and we have plenty of other great technical players. Not having that at all. He's already said there were other issues affecting him last season. He was poor last season as a result. I couldn't care less what he does now - don't wish him ill but he's history now.

We designed a system that had a huge emphasis on gaining width from the full backs. The ammount of games when we were chasing a goal and the majority of the play was given to chillwell in the hope he would deliver. 

The difference was that ricardo suits that, castagne will probably also suit it but I guarantee in games with a low block we will be looking to get the ball wide( as we often do) and the full backs importance increases. 

Just an observation, but I think that’s where a lot of the frustration came in. 

Sheff United needed to spend big in the summer on a quality striker, Brewster was a baffling signing for me for the money they spent, should have gone for someone proven.

40 million on Brewster and Ramsdale, 30 million could have gone on a striker than picked up a keeper for 10 million.