Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Everton must look at our recruitment and wonder where the hell they're going wrong. On the face of it they always seem to have a good transfer window but for whatever reason they fall back into the same pattern. The whole culture of the club is mediocre

Shows recruitment isn't about just one person, they thought they had the answer with Steve Walsh, many factors must be considered when recruiting, an while I read fans can sometimes get frustrated when we at times are limited in our transfer dealings, 6 months of extra due diligence, an ensuring you buy and sell at the right prices, pays dividends in the long term. 

• Like 1

Everton will be up there still. This league will have a very crazy feel. Every team will have stupid bad runs then good runs where everyone tips you for the title.

What I’ve witnessed being said this season:

Man City - ‘favourites for the title’, ‘ look awful vs Leicester, I’ve changed my mind to Liverpool’. Now title favourites again..

Liverpool - ‘they will drop season’ , ‘still think Liverpool are favourites’, ‘they will struggle without Van Dijk’.

Arsenal - ‘Arteta is a hero’, lose to Leicester ‘we’ve lost 3 games already, when’s it going to end!’ Beat Man Utd ‘Arteta is moving in the right direction, we’re getting closer’.

Tottenham - lose your Everton ‘Spurs look a million miles away‘, 2 games later beat Utd 6-1 ‘Tottenham have a chance to win the league!’

I could go on about a Man Utd, Southampton, Everton, Villa, Chelsea even Us to an extent. Crazy world we live in!

This season will be mad and there’s too much overreaction when teams lose 1 or 2 games or win 1/2 games suddenly it’s completely different.

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Shows recruitment isn't about just one person, they thought they had the answer with Steve Walsh, many factors must be considered when recruiting, an while I read fans can sometimes get frustrated when we at times are limited in our transfer dealings, 6 months of extra due diligence, an ensuring you buy and sell at the right prices, pays dividends in the long term. 

I also think we're quite smart at  signing players who've not quite lived up to expectations at their former club but have the talent to thrive within a talented and positive squad. Tielemans is a prime example of taking a chance on a player we'd otherwise have no chance of signing 

Edited by foxfanazer