Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Has Aubemayang done an Ozil and downed tools since signing a 300k a week contract in his 30's? Hahahahahaa what a disgrace of a club and with every result makes ou shithouse 1-0 win there not that special even if it was the first win there in nearly 50 years. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

What a shit argument. We achieved more in the league, arsenal achieved more in the FA Cup. We both were rewarded the same outcome.

You don't get a trophy for finishing 5th. They did get a trophy for winning the FA Cup.

On 29/11/2020 at 03:23, The Bear said:

I was looking for it too:

Bit salty but not too bad. Des Kelly has a good point about the Premier League choosing the slots. Whether Liverpool played at 12:30, 15:00 or 17:30 I don't think that makes that much difference given they play again on Tuesday. 

@Chrysalis

• Thanks 1

Haha thanks to both of you.

Liked watching that, wish every interview was like that instead of them feeling scripted all the time.

I would support 5 subs providing, the extra 2 are only for injury reasons and to enforce it, anyone who is subbed for "injury" reasons is not allowed to play in next 2 games afterwards.  

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So the statement was correct.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Well really they achieved more.

No, it was claimed they achieved the same and won trophy. They didn't league wise, because 8th wasn't enough to get them the reward we got, which was a place in Europe. They did get a European place by winning a cup, but they didn't get into Europe and win a cup, they got into Europe by winning a cup. So they didn't achieve the same as us and win a trophy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

No, it was claimed they achieved the same and won trophy. They didn't league wise, because 8th wasn't enough to get them the reward we got, which was a place in Europe. They did get a European place by winning a cup, but they didn't get into Europe and win a cup, they got into Europe by winning a cup. So they didn't achieve the same as us and win a trophy.

They achieved Europa League qualification, the same as us, and you know full well that's what I meant. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

How long is a player out with an injury like that? Glad he’s alright. 

Cech was out for 3 months. Mason obviously had to retire. 

I'm still annoyed that going in at that pace and force with your head could potentially end someone's career, yet its still brushed off as an accident. Even in NFL where they wear helmets, head to head contact is a big no no and you can get ejected from the game for it. 

And then you get thick idiots like Deeney telling everyone players should decide if they're OK to play on, not doctors. 

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I'm saying if the exact some corner was played in, and Boly made exactly the same movements as Luiz, but got the ball instead. Its not imaginary, I'm suggesting the exact same situation but with a different outcome.

I'll switch it for you. If Luiz had scored rather then clashing with Jimenez, you wouldn't be talking about how dangerous it was that he'd throw himself in there, you'd probably be moaning about the defending, and your players not being brave enough.

Well yeah obviously. To use another analogy you don't get done for driving without due care and attention unless you have an accident. 

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm still annoyed that going in at that pace and force with your head could potentially end someone's career, yet its still brushed off as an accident. Even in NFL where they wear helmets, head to head contact is a big no no and you can get ejected from the game for it. 

And then you get thick idiots like Deeney telling everyone players should decide if they're OK to play on, not doctors. 

Mason was the one I was thinking of, hopefully it doesn’t come to that. 

Surely it’s going to have an impact on him when he does come back, not sure I would want to put myself at risk of doing it again. That thought might be in the back of his mind when playing and might not 100% commit to aerial challenges. 

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Haha thanks to both of you.

Liked watching that, wish every interview was like that instead of them feeling scripted all the time.

I would support 5 subs providing, the extra 2 are only for injury reasons and to enforce it, anyone who is subbed for "injury" reasons is not allowed to play in next 2 games afterwards.  

How does that work? Not every legit injury means you miss 2 games? So anyone who comes off, with a legit injury in the match, automatically misses 2 games even if they recover fitness to play in those next 2 games? Does that not just make squads thinner anyway? 

Also unfair for clubs who don't play in Europe - they'd miss 2 games across a couple of weekends. Whereas any club in Europe would miss the midweek game, then the weekend game, and they're back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

How does that work? Not every legit injury means you miss 2 games? So anyone who comes off, with a legit injury in the match, automatically misses 2 games even if they recover fitness to play in those next 2 games? Does that not just make squads thinner anyway? 

Also unfair for clubs who don't play in Europe - they'd miss 2 games across a couple of weekends. Whereas any club in Europe would miss the midweek game, then the weekend game, and they're back. 

Aye subs for injuries failed before when there was no money in the game with all the £millions there now cheating will be rife.

Subs for any reason or no subs.

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yep, Deeney saying that is absolutely absurd.

31 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They don’t head the ball in the NFL.

Deeney is an idiot

• Like 1