Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do wonder why you guys watch Sky or listen to TalkSport and expect impartiality. 

I don't expect it but it would be nice and not hard to achieve. Either neutral commentators or a balance. If you have Gary Neville you should have a West Ham voice to debate and keep him in line and vice versa 

• Like 2

Late to the party but fully in agreement with the annoyance at Neville's commentary. Get a neutral in there.

I'm watching a football match, not interested in Man United's wider issues which we seem to be subjected to by Neville for 20 minutes every time they concede a goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I don't expect it but it would be nice and not hard to achieve. Either neutral commentators or a balance. If you have Gary Neville you should have a West Ham voice to debate and keep him in line and vice versa 

Listen, I don't disagree, but it isn't happening.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They really need to introduce neutral commentators for matches.

It's so frustrating to listen to.

Cancel your subscription and stream the American coverage.

Or buy an American subscription for the fraction of the price of a Sky package.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

That’s objective though, when they score he’s about 45 seconds off spaffing which isn’t acceptable for commentators. Same for Carragher and McManaman

I use to like Neville, he was always fair and balanced,little bias....but somehow his Waffel coach seems to have convinced him otherwise..

Though he does and did criticise birth by right club, in the First half....

I still Think hes still One of the best in day commentators & After Match analysers, going around.!!!

Lets Face it, Today s fans all Think they could so better, und find it hard not to make some Sarcastic & cynical remarks,instead of just following the game..

Everybody wants to be the better pundit...

Just now, peach0000 said:

Spot on.

If they can do multiple angles, fan zone, UHD,  etc on the red button, you would think it would not be beyond the wit of man to provide a red button option of "Avoid the biased vvanker touching himself intimately over his favourite team".

They would soon learn that fans of ALL OTHER TEAMS really hate biased commentary.

• Like 2

Neville never used to be like this.

I liked Neville (I still do) but he seems to have turned more bias and I think its because he's seen what Carragher can get away with so they're kinda seeing how far they can push it/each other.

Carragher's still by far worse than Neville but that doesn't excuse him.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Neville never used to be like this.

I liked Neville (I still do) but he seems to have turned more bias and I think its because he's seen what Carragher can get away with so they're kinda seeing how far they can push it/each other.

Carragher's still by far worse than Neville but that doesn't excuse him.

I think Carragher is alot more balanced plus he's an Everton fan ain't he?

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Carragher is alot more balanced plus he's an Everton fan ain't he?

He may well be, I think it's more a case of he was an Everton fan as a kid but he is far way more bias towards Liverpool and has been known to literally cheer Liverpool goals in.

"Mo Salah you little dancer!!!" You just don't wanna hear it, he wouldn't have done that for any other club and I wouldn't expect it.

Funny you say that because i'd say Neville is more balanced.

Edited by Matt

It’s noteworthy that they don’t have an obviously biased commentary when they show Rangers v. Celtic, because they know for a fact that wouldn’t get away with it.

But for the premier, it’s nearly every game they do it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Surely this is what VAR should be doing like it does on offsides.

20201205_193836.jpg.80bbd6412ebaa78416f5cfb8ac79291e.jpg

That wouldn't be accurate. I don't see how anyone can 100% call that decision. VAR failed in a fundamental way tonight and they have to learn from their mistakes for the integrity of the game. They need to get two cameras to look down both touch lines at every game from now on. Once is an unfortunate oversight, twice would be a disgrace!

Stuff on Twitter that some West Ham fans booed the taking the knee. I didn't hear it. I watched it after the Millwall episode and it seemed they were playing Forever Blowing Bubbles at the time. Anyone hear it?

Just now, Corky said:

Stuff on Twitter that some West Hams booed the taking the knee. I didn't hear it? I watched it after the Millwall episode and it seemed they were playing Forever Blowing Bubbles at the time. Anyone hear it?

I didn't hear it but have read the same thing. What Milwall did was unacceptable and should be hit with a huge punishment, fine, points deduction, at the very least a closure of the stadium for the foreseeable future. If West Ham have done the same then the same applies to them. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That wouldn't be accurate. I don't see how anyone can 100% call that decision. VAR failed in a fundamental way tonight and they have to learn from their mistakes for the integrity of the game. They need to get two cameras to look down both touch lines at every game from now on. Once is an unfortunate oversight, twice would be a disgrace!

Well that might not be accurate but the bend of the ball and where it landed should have been more than enough proof.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Rob Green's trainers lollollol

It's like he spent all his budget on items from the waist up, not thinking they were going to be on show.

The guy's been on thousands a week for the last couple of decades and he's wearing creps I wouldn't wear to put the bins out.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I didn't hear it but have read the same thing. What Milwall did was unacceptable and should be hit with a huge punishment, fine, points deduction, at the very least a closure of the stadium for the foreseeable future. If West Ham have done the same then the same applies to them. 

Nothing audible at Chelsea just now.