Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Why is it still going on 6 months later? When does it stop, never? That’s my problem with it.

And this is exactly the problem.  There is no end date and seemingly nobody is brave enough to put a stop to it.  There should be a time limit on it, October was Black History month, it could have ended there.  They could do it at all games every October to bring focussed attention to it, like what happens for the two weeks around Remembrance Day.  Doing it every game forever does the campaign no favours at all.  

Taking the knee has run its course now.  It's time to turn the page and continue the conversation in other ways.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

See this is bollocks and it's attitudes like this that indicate how its almost impossible to be content as a Leicester fan unless we pretty much win the league and various other trophies again. How are we worse than most when we are bad? It's just it hurts more as you support Leicester!!! 

No this is bollocks 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No this is bollocks 

Elaborate? You have barely had a good word to say about us all season, as soon as the rough patches come you're all over us. I'm as negative as they come but there's some fans still not forgiven the team and management for last seasons capitulation and I swear it comes from the title win. We can't appreciate anything but permanent success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Elaborate? You have barely had a good word to say about us all season, as soon as the rough patches come you're all over us. I'm as negative as they come but there's some fans still not forgiven the team and management for last seasons capitulation and I swear it comes from the title win. We can't appreciate anything but permanent success.

I've been a Leicester fan for 25 years but you think I'm in it for league titles and trophies? What I can't accept is it going into games and barely laying a glove on our opponents. We're so easy to beat and you can often tell within the first 10 minutes of a game what kind of day it's going to be. I want him to get us fired up for games! 

You'll obviously come back with a 'I'm a superior fan' kind of post but don't label me as a glory hunter just because I don't agree with you 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

well said, they have unearthed a problem that has pretty much diminished, slavery is a thing of the past and is diversity within industries really that bad I don't think so.

every ethnicity has to deal with racist idiots, unfortunately that's the world we live in 

This is a football thread so I don't really want to contribute in this way but I can't let this pass in that you think racism has pretty much diminished and we should just deal with some racist idiots.

Wow. Hard to know where to start. You need to pick your head up. I'm not getting involved though in a football forum.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This is a football thread so i don't really want to contribute in this way. But you think racism has pretty much and diminished and we should just deal with some racist idiots. Wow. You need to pick your head up. 

I'm not saying racism has diminished so no I don't.

Edited by whoareyaaa

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I've been a Leicester fan for 25 years but you think I'm in it for league titles and trophies? What I can't accept is it going into games and barely laying a glove on our opponents. We're so easy to beat and you can often tell within the first 10 minutes of a game what kind of day it's going to be. I want him to get us fired up for games! 

You'll obviously come back with a 'I'm a superior fan' kind of post but don't label me as a glory hunter just because I don't agree with you 

I'm not saying you are a glory hunter, I'm saying the title win and exposure has made the falling down the pecking order hard to stomach. I've been guilty of this, how else do you explain how negative a huge proportion of our fans can be when sat in the top 4 for pretty much a whole year? We seemingly go on exceptional runs and then for various reasons have rough patches but how does that make us " worse than most " ? If we were then how do we maintain being in reach of the elite? No wonder opposition fans take the piss out of us, we're off our heads.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Lads, lads...

My take on it this season is that the inconsistency is too much.  When you look at the squad on paper, we have a very good team that should be competing in the top third of the league.  We are probably sitting about where we should be at the moment.  But the thing that is particularly difficult to take is how we go about picking up the points.

Look at away games against Man City, Arsenal and Leeds.  A fair assessment would be that it would be nice to take 3 or 4 points from those games.  Then look at home games against West Ham, Villa and Fulham.  Really we should be aiming for 5-7 points minimum from those.  Collectively, a points haul of 8 - 11 points would be fair.  You hope that we play well away and maybe pick up some bonus points and then hope we don't play badly and throw points away at home.  

We actually got 9 points from those games which is OK.  The difficulty is that all 9 points came in the games we weren't expecting to get much from, so we should have built on those bonus points by still picking up 5-7 points in the home games.  It didn't happen though because we played so badly.

Fantastic highs and terrible lows.  It's one or the other at the moment.  I want a few fantastic highs and less terrible lows.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not saying you are a glory hunter, I'm saying the title win and exposure has made the falling down the pecking order hard to stomach. I've been guilty of this, how else do you explain how negative a huge proportion of our fans can be when sat in the top 4 for pretty much a whole year? We seemingly go on exceptional runs and then for various reasons have rough patches but how does that make us " worse than most " ? If we were then how do we maintain being in reach of the elite? No wonder opposition fans take the piss out of us, we're off our heads.

Maybe part of the problem is I've always associated Leicester City as pesky underdogs. In your faces and a nightmare to play against with a few players of real quality. I find it really hard to see us being so timid and passive. Maybe that's on me to stop seeing us in that way but I don't have to like how we are nowadays. 

We have so many talented players in this squad but sometimes feel like Brendan's style would suit players of much less ability but more discipline

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

well said, they have unearthed a problem that has pretty much diminished, slavery is a thing of the past and is diversity within industries really that bad I don't think so.

every ethnicity has to deal with racist idiots, unfortunately that's the world we live in 

That is not what I was saying

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Maybe part of the problem is I've always associated Leicester City as pesky underdogs. In your faces and a nightmare to play against with a few players of real quality. I find it really hard to see us being so timid and passive. Maybe that's on me to stop seeing us in that way but I don't have to like how we are nowadays. 

We have so many talented players in this squad but sometimes feel like Brendan's style would suit players of much less ability but more discipline

Fair enough, perhaps I've pulled up the wrong Leicester fan in this regard. I certainly didn't mean to focus solely on you but I appreciate i did make reference to you not having a good word to say about us. I suppose the flip side to what you say about being inferior but always put up a good fight is that you don't get the many games where we destroy teams. Barely any other tenureship have we taken apart teams so ruthlessly but I suppose that's what makes it a head scratcher when we struggle. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We've just witnessed football fans in this country booing an anti racist protest, we've all seen the footage of football fans from this country racially abusing minorities on public transport, we all saw the kid that racially abused Zaha online, we all the Spurs fan throw a banana at Aubameyang, we all saw the Burnley White Lives Matter banner.

Or the anti-semitic chanting/ online abuse aimed at Levy/spurs fans which is often overlooked in these types of discussions, despite its regular occurrence.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure what this statement means, really. What is a racist country, exactly? For the country itself to be racist, does the government and its laws have to be fundamentally racist? Or is it cultural, does a fixed % of a country's population have to be racist? 

Can you give some examples of countries that ARE racist? 

Clearly we live in a country that does still have a problem with racism. It might not be as significant a problem as it is in X or Y other country but does it have to be for us to want to do something about it? 

We've just witnessed football fans in this country booing an anti racist protest, we've all seen the footage of football fans from this country racially abusing minorities on public transport, we all saw the kid that racially abused Zaha online, we all the Spurs fan throw a banana at Aubameyang, we all saw the Burnley White Lives Matter banner.

All of that is just scratching the surface from memory and I'm not even getting in to the implied, institutional racism behind the way the tabloids treat young black footballers, the enormous under representation of minorities at all levels of the sport beyond playing or the incredible outcry from white Brits when the sporting institution tries to address that. 

Just because there's worse countries out there, just because its better than it used to be, just because these offences are carried about by fringe minorities - surely they're not good enough reasons to not try. 

Unfortunately this is every country on the planet. 

You would have thought things would have progressed more than they have by now.. 

Read some truly horrible stories this year of treatment of black people in Asia, Asian people in South Africa etc...

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Unfortunately this is every country on the planet. 

You would have thought things would have progressed more than they have by now.. 

Read some truly horrible stories this year of treatment of black people in Asia, Asian people in South Africa etc...

Yep - Racism is a cancer and every Country has it to varying degrees.  We have it here in Austria, trust me.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think that the disappointment from last season has anything to do with the title win.  The title was a miracle and something none of us would have dreamt of.  Miracles don't tend to happen very often, that's why they're miracles. 

Last season's fifth place exceeded my expectations but I was still bitterly upset that we threw away a Champion's League place because we had proven how good we could be for half a season and found ourselves in a virtually unassailable position.  We would have had to have played like relegation fodder to throw it away and we did.  We clutched failure from the jaws of success and allowed an eighteen point turnaround to Solskjaer's United.  I still can't fathom this bipolar team.

Had we maintained some kind of consistency throughout and finished fifth it would have seemed like a fantastic season but to throw it away from such a position of strength and in such an insipid manner still hurts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't think that the disappointment from last season has anything to do with the title win.  The title was a miracle and something none of us would have dreamt of.  Miracles don't tend to happen very often, that's why they're miracles. 

Last season's fifth place exceeded my expectations but I was still bitterly upset that we threw away a Champion's League place because we had proven how good we could be for half a season and found ourselves in a virtually unassailable position.  We would have had to have played like relegation fodder to throw it away and we did.  We clutched failure from the jaws of success and allowed an eighteen point turnaround to Solskjaer's United.  I still can't fathom this bipolar team.

Had we maintained some kind of consistency throughout and finished fifth it would have seemed like a fantastic season but to throw it away from such a position of strength and in such an insipid manner still hurts.

You're only as good as your last game in the eyes of a lot of our fans, when we lose it is mesmerising on here.

• Like 4

I think why people get frustrated sometimes is that we show how good we can be only to then throw away all the good work we've achieved with really poor performances against teams we have better players that. The thing that bothers me is that at the the moment I see our club in a unique position in English football. We have the ability and potential to kick on from the last five years or so and become one of the so called big clubs fully on merit or we have the have the potential to fall away and become a Ipswich or Forest, a club who did something unbelievable once only to fall away to mediocrity. I am desperate for it to be the former and us to kick on, but it's such a fragile position to be in.

That being said I have often voiced my bemusement at the sheer fickleness of this forum, especially after we lose and people shouldn't be looking looking at games in isolation but the bigger picture. However I can get the frustration many feel after a bad defeat. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You're only as good as your last game in the eyes of a lot of our fans, when we lose it in mesmerising on here.

Agreed.  Some people are a bit spoilt and don’t appear to accept that the rough exists with the smooth.

That “safe house” thread in General Chat is popular and long-running for a reason.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think why people get frustrated sometimes is that we show how good we can be only to then throw away all the good work we've achieved with really poor performances against teams we have better players that. The thing that bothers me is that at the the moment I see our club in a unique position in English football. We have the ability and potential to kick on from the last five years or so and become one of the so called big clubs fully on merit or we have the have the potential to fall away and become a Ipswich or Forest, a club who did something unbelievable once only to fall away to mediocrity. I am desperate for it to be the former and us to kick on, but it's such a fragile position to be in.

That being said I have often voiced my bemusement at the sheer fickleness of this forum, especially after we lose and people shouldn't be looking looking at games in isolation but the bigger picture. However I can get the frustration many feel after a bad defeat. 

We will always be in that category. We're up and down and that's the way it goes. Most clubs have little spells of success, possible every club apart from Liverpool and Man Utd who are fairly consistent, and players want to win trophies. 

Summed up by the fact we were Champions of England and Kante left to join a club that had finished 10th. But in the long run, Chelsea will win more than us.

We need another trophy soon and hopefully it'll be the FA Cup or, and I'm dreaming here, the Europa League. Finishing top 6 every season is good in the grand scheme of things but in terms of players they want more, and rightfully so. Hence, look at Villa for example finishing top 6 under MON consistently but their better players (ie Barry/Milner/Young) ended up leaving at the first sniff of winning trophies on a consistent basis.

Edited by Fox92

I work in schools and have done for the best part of the last decade. Watching some of the kids absolutely smash it one day and then absolutely fail to get the basics right the next is the same as supporting City. You just learn to go - "oh, we're having one of THOSE days"

Unless you're PSG supporter, you're gonna get bad days. Just appreciate the good ones. I also have absolutely no problem with people turning off the telly or leaving a game early. At the end of the day - if you don't like what you're seeing, you don't have to watch it.  I turned off the Europa game the other night. No point winding yourself up about it. 

• Like 4