Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You said they banned the poppy, they don't. 

The poppy is worn at a particular time of year to mark a particular day. So I'm not sure why you're surprised they wear it over that period.

If you can't cope with three seconds of kneeling there's no hope for you 

I'm sorry people pointing out black people matter just as much as you makes you uncomfortable. I hope they carry on until you realise they are right.

The knee is not for Black life’s matter tho is it? Thought it was for the “no room for racism” campaign 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I'm not talking about taking the knee, although it drives me up the wall, I just think that your proposals re the penalties for booing this are somewhat over the top

It didn't come across that way to me so I do apologise for misinterpreting your post. In regards to the penalties I suggested I think the authorities need to come down very hard for it but clearly it's a contentious issue and I know better than trying to debated these things on this forum. My opinion was in my original post and I think I'll leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

The knee is not for Black life’s matter tho is it? Thought it was for the “no room for racism” campaign 

Well that strengthen the point even more doesn't, it not even for the BLM movement. I'd actually forgotten about the change as I was too busy ranting at the idiot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"I despise racism" and "I hate seeing black lives matter signs in stadiums" are incompatible statements. 

One of those two is a lie. 

It's ridiculous. Surely if you despised racism you wouldn't "get bored" of a short gesture to raise some awareness before a football match, either?

I genuinely can't get my head around people getting worked up about five seconds worth of kneeling for the sake of keeping an issue that hasn't gone away at the forefront of folks' minds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

I wish our players looked as sharp as Chelsea’s and with the effort - they’ve pressed Leeds big time. 

So do I, but look how much they have spent & the quality of the squad they have. They have the best squad in the division & I would have them favourites to win the League, just have doubts about Lampard. I hope they win it for Chilly.

It is impossible for us to compete with them, if we consistently had our best players available then we could run them close. Unfortunately that has not been the case & the further injuries the other night to Cags & Ricky make it even less likely

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Didn’t we do that to Leeds just a few weeks ago and tear them apart?

We didn’t press them ...... we allowed them to have the ball and we picked up on their misplaced passes 

secomd half we sat back and caught them on the break 

3 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

So do I, but look how much they have spent & the quality of the squad they have. They have the best squad in the division & I would have them favourites to win the League, just have doubts about Lampard. I hope they win it for Chilly.

It is impossible for us to compete with them, if we consistently had our best players available then we could run them close. Unfortunately that has not been the case & the further injuries the other night to Cags & Ricky make it even less likely

I was speaking about the effort they all put in - you don’t have to be.world class to make a 100% effort ....

maybe our boys have been told to keep their legs to cover our injury issues ....

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I think MArtin Tyler has been the voice of football for the last 20/30 years or so but **** me he's so past it it's unbelievable.

He mentioned early in the second half that we had the option of augmented crowd noise. 

When we had actual crowd noise.

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

[slow handclap]  Yeah, well done Chelsea, great achievement, being top of the league, what with that almost a quarter of a billion pounds you spent in the transfer window  :dry:

Plus two teams can go above them with a game in hand and another can go level. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I'm not talking about taking the knee, although it drives me up the wall, I just think that your proposals re the penalties for booing this are somewhat over the top

It is a touch incendiary, I must admit. lol

I support the general cause of BLM, but some of the wholesale importation of the american messaging has been crass in a UK context, for me. I'm not saying our police are in anyway perfect, but the US police are wild in comparison.

I bet the Russian troll farms have been all over this kind of stuff, stoking the culture wars.

ps sorry, this is a football thread.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

23 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

[slow handclap]  Yeah, well done Chelsea, great achievement, being top of the league, what with that almost a quarter of a billion pounds you spent in the transfer window  :dry:

Sounds a bit bitter to be honest. Other teams in the league can say that about us, we've spent a bit recently aswell compared to the "lower" teams. As we've proven, money doesn't always win you the league.