Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I really think people underestimate how good we are when we're on it. We've had some real dominant wins under BR, more so than probably all teams apart from Man City and Liverpool. We lack consistency but apart from the above two teams over the last three years this applies to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I really think people underestimate how good we are when we're on it. We've had some real dominant wins under BR, more so than probably all teams apart from Man City and Liverpool. We lack consistency but apart from the above two teams over the last three years this applies to everyone. 

This is true but when we're bad we're worse than most imo. Wish we put in some middle of the road performances every now and again 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

This is true but when we're bad we're worse than most imo. Wish we put in some middle of the road performances every now and again 

I think part of the problem is when we play so well it raises our own expectations ten fold, it only appears really bad when we put an okayish performance. I'm still convinced we've not put as a bad performance as some of what we watched under Puel, Shakey or Ranieri in his second season. We're progressing as a club all the time, which means fans expectations are raised in line. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

He’s been petty like that before 

It stems from spy gate when he was at derby. Seem to remember him over-celebrating after derby beat Leeds in the play off semi then he went and criticised klopp on the touch line for the same thing after Liverpool won the league. Arrogant twat. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I imagine people that face racism on a daily basis are fairly bored of that too, but I appreciate your concerns about bandwagons - a serious issue in the world today. Bands thats perform on wagons are a great threat to progress in society.

We do not live in a racist country.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Am I right in saying masks were made mandatory at stadiums a few days ago? Either way you still have tits entering a place with like 100 cameras thinking nah

Our toilet seat broke the other day, went in B&Q to get a new one, 3 tradesman, all together, challenged by a security guard asking where their masks were..."Nah mate, nah, exempt innit" 

Utterly embarrassing. There is literally no reason to be exempt. If it's for breathing issues, you shouldn't be out! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Pathetic from Lampard trying to  celebrate the third goal in front of bielsa.  

Hmmmm...yes and no.

If someone was proven to be spying on us, I'd want Brendan to give them shit.

We would as fans.

Although it was with his previous club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Our toilet seat broke the other day, went in B&Q to get a new one, 3 tradesman, all together, challenged by a security guard asking where their masks were..."Nah mate, nah, exempt innit" 

Utterly embarrassing. There is literally no reason to be exempt. If it's for breathing issues, you shouldn't be out! 

Yet you stick them within five hundred feet of some suspicious looking artex and you watch that PPE go straight on. 

• Haha 3

'Taking the knee' is actually a protest against the American flag and national anthem, so I dont see what it has to do with anything in this country. 

BLM is also a horrible, political organisation that has nothing to do with sport.

These are both awful Americanisms that have no place in football.

As Gary Neville (love him or hate him) pointed out the other night, in regards to Edinson Cavani's Instagram post, there are multiple organisations involved in football that can't even be bothered to talk to each other to get behind their common goal.

We should undoubtedly unite to eradicate racism, but can these organisations amalgamate to send out a message, whilst we make protests for the right reasons? 

EDIT: That gives no reason for any 'fans' to boo an anti-racism campaign. But we need to come up with something original for people to get behind 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

I live in Northampton now, there was a black guy called Walter Tull (Google him), who played for Northampton Town and Spurs and was an officer in the British army who was killed in World War 1.

There's a pub and a road named after him round here. 

I believe he was only the third black person to play in the football league.

Instead of this American crap, or sponsorship, let's name the League Cup or FA Cup after him.

That would raise awareness.

• Like 1

Any chance we can take all of this crap out of the Premier League thread, we have enough threads taken over with all this talk - besides which the event we are discussing took place in a Championship game and there is a pretty good discussion happening in there.

Lets get back to Sterlings dive, Werner’s miss and the ball that went out of play to get Man Utd back in the game. As well as looking forward to the North London derby, Liverpool Wolves and the other PL games.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure what this statement means, really. What is a racist country, exactly? For the country itself to be racist, does the government and its laws have to be fundamentally racist? Or is it cultural, does a fixed % of a country's population have to be racist? 

Can you give some examples of countries that ARE racist? 

Clearly we live in a country that does still have a problem with racism. It might not be as significant a problem as it is in X or Y other country but does it have to be for us to want to do something about it? 

We've just witnessed football fans in this country booing an anti racist protest, we've all seen the footage of football fans from this country racially abusing minorities on public transport, we all saw the kid that racially abused Zaha online, we all the Spurs fan throw a banana at Aubameyang, we all saw the Burnley White Lives Matter banner.

All of that is just scratching the surface from memory and I'm not even getting in to the implied, institutional racism behind the way the tabloids treat young black footballers, the enormous under representation of minorities at all levels of the sport beyond playing or the incredible outcry from white Brits when the sporting institution tries to address that. 

Just because there's worse countries out there, just because its better than it used to be, just because these offences are carried about by fringe minorities - surely they're not good enough reasons to not try. 

Why exactly is flying a 'White Lives Matter' banner any different than plastering BLM everywhere?

People follow the BLM movement without knowing what it stands for. They see a career criminal die during police contact and then take it out on UK authorities like its even comparable.

A large number of the people going to these rallies seem to value black lives so much until one steps on their dealing turf at which point, they're happy to push 6 inches of metal through them.

It's as much as an excuse for idiots to attend and cause trouble than EDL - I'm sure somewhere they claim to have a legitimate goal.

If the FA want to stop racism, they should do it with something original and meaningful,  not this volatile, idiotic  BLM movement.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

See this is bollocks and it's attitudes like this that indicate how its almost impossible to be content as a Leicester fan unless we pretty much win the league and various other trophies again. How are we worse than most when we are bad? It's just it hurts more as you support Leicester!!! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

If the FA want to stop racism, they should do it with something original and meaningful,  not this volatile, idiotic  BLM movement.

The decision to take the knee was the direct result of the Premier League captains meeting; of which included Wes Morgan and Troy Deeney to the forefront of it. 

The footballers are collectively intelligent enough to divide the group ‘BLM’ from the symbol and message. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The decision to take the knee was the direct result of the Premier League captains meeting; of which included Wes Morgan and Troy Deeney to the forefront of it. 

Why is it still going on 6 months later? When does it stop, never? That’s my problem with it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Why is it still going on 6 months later? When does it stop, never? That’s my problem.

I don’t disagree in the notion that the gesture increasingly getting tired but   This weekend playing in front of fans for the first time, gesture probably deserves to be back. 

You could ask the same question though why we have campaigns such as Rainbow laces annually. Will that ever stop? Probably not until we get change  

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nod.E said:

The booing should teach people something.

It should teach people that the campaign is ineffective. Racists are still racist but they're now racists with a bee in their bonnet. Congrats. You have achieved more hate.

But the popular bandwagoning idiots will continue to bang the same tired drum, in an equally arrogant and patronising insistence that the thinking is sound. 

Be humble, accept it's sh*t. Go back to the drawing board. In fact just go to the drawing board at all. No strategy ever existed here.

Awareness is one thing but in advertising terms, big media spend gets you awareness. The ad itself still needs work hard to successfully engage emotions and deliver the message. 

Black lives matter has been a clumsy brain fart of a campaign. Its message is diluted by the American political connotations and the wording is bizarre to me. 

Never mind black lives 'matter'. That shouldn't even be up for debate. By positioning as something up for debate it almost empowers racists. The implication of the very existence of the question 'do black lives matter' is surely enough to make a racist feel more inclined to marginalise.

I'm aware this will seem a strange stance. It's a professional annoyance for the widespread poor application of communication management. 

"Black lives matter, guytthhss"

Yes, they do. But you're not helping.

well said, they have unearthed a problem that has pretty much diminished, slavery is a thing of the past and is diversity within industries really that bad I don't think so.

every ethnicity has to deal with racist idiots, unfortunately that's the world we live in 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1