Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Especially as maguire knows he can’t get involved in crap like this ....

if I had maguire’s money I would be going out of my way not to be in places frequented by brauny berks ...... 

TBF to him he was attacked from behind and by the time he turned the attacker was in front him.  

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm not sure why anyone should dislike him he served us well, we made a massive profit from him and we have a better replacement.

Sure he's gone to Man U and is a bit cocky about it but he was when with us and playing for England. 

I think you'll find it'll be sometime before we can keep players in demand from moving on to a club that pays more and has a better chance of winning things. Don't most people want that for them selves.

To be fair, if you’re signed by Man Utd for a record fee, playing for England as first choice in your position, you’ve probably got one of the most wanted jobs and lifestyles on the planet.  If you don’t get a bit cocky you’d be a rare man imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh, are we celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone else? I am so proud.

Embarassing.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Especially as maguire knows he can’t get involved in crap like this ....

if I had maguire’s money I would be going out of my way not to be in places frequented by brauny berks ...... 

I don't have Maguire's money but go out of my way to holiday avoiding places full of berks...

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You only have to see the misty-eyed reverence some have for hard men on the pitch and also comments about modern players being nancy boys, as well as the OTT deification of NP, to understand the mindset of some.

Who refers to  modern day players as "nancy boys"? Only time I've ever seen that reference is on twitter. 

The "OTT deification of NP" has nothing to do with hard-men either. I love Pearson but I wouldn't go winding up a footballer just because he's out near me.

You seem to be stereotyping just as bad.

• Like 1

Interesting take on the situation, basically slates Maguire for going where everyone has access to given the history of crap happening when players/fans mix abroad.

At the end he comments on Maguire likely to be dropped from both England squad and would assume discussions to have over being United captain

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Embarassing.

I don't have Maguire's money but go out of my way to holiday avoiding places full of berks...

I agree, it's foolish to be there. However, it makes me no more proud of drunken 'ard lads from Braunstone, or wherever. 

One can make a similar argument about women who suffer sexual attacks - they might have been wiser in many ways, but...

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Embarassing.

Not as embarrassing as thugs masquerading as LCFC fans.

It's because of fans like these that being a football fan has become a badge of shame and the match day visit  become cinema like.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Who refers to  modern day players as "nancy boys"? Only time I've ever seen that reference is on twitter. 

The "OTT deification of NP" has nothing to do with hard-men either. I love Pearson but I wouldn't go winding up a footballer just because he's out near me.

You seem to be stereotyping just as bad.

I've seen the nancy boys reference on here, at least twice this week.

As for the NP stuff, it was referencing the backward looking nature of it, rather than the hard-man aspect. So who do you think I am stereotyping here, when you've evidently misunderstood?

My embarrassing comment referred to the behaviour of the fans, high peaks comment on celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone. Edit, I've moved it to make it reflect that. 

Edited by FoyleFox

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've seen the nancy boys reference on here, at least twice this week.

As for the NP stuff, it was referencing the backward looking nature of it, rather than the hard-man aspect. So who do you think I am stereotyping here, when you've evidently misunderstood?

I thought you were stereotyping all of us that love Pearson. I may have misjudged what you were saying but didn't think his name needed to be included in your post.

I haven't seen "nancy boys" tbf.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I thought you were stereotyping all of us that love Pearson. I may have misjudged what you were saying but didn't think his name needed to be included in your post.

I haven't seen "nancy boys" tbf.

Here's the thing - of all our ex-managers, Pearson is the one I'd like to sit down and talk to about life. But in the same way that one can love our owners but be critical of their ticketing poilcy right now, it should be possible to admire NP without having to want a 3rd coming - and again, I've seen that written here.

Maybe some of it is OTT/tongue in cheek, but the comments on his birthday thread were slightly weird by some. It's a bit like a while back, I dared suggest that Steve Walsh was somewhat of a liability until Brian Little arrived - that was met by some with comments down the line of 'you deserve smashing in the face for daring question anything about Walsheh'. Certain players and managers get exempted from reasonable criticism, whilst others cannot do a thing right in the eyes of the 'it's MY club' brigade.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Here's the thing - of all our ex-managers, Pearson is the one I'd like to sit down and talk to about life. But in the same way that one can love our owners but be critical of their ticketing poilcy right now, it should be possible to admire NP without having to want a 3rd coming - and again, I've seen that written here.

Maybe some of it is OTT/tongue in cheek, but the comments on his birthday thread were slightly weird by some. It's a bit like a while back, I dared suggest that Steve Walsh was somewhat of a liability until Brian Little arrived - that was met by some with comments down the line of 'you deserve smashing in the face for daring question anything about Walsheh'. Certain players and managers get exempted from reasonable criticism, whilst others cannot do a thing right in the eyes of the 'it's MY club' brigade.

Don't disagree but yeah most of it I believe are tongue in cheek and jokes.

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The funny thing is that of all players to get involved in something like this, Maguire wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list

Grealish would be top of the list! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t you think the behaviour of football fans overall has improved massively in the 21st century compared to what it was? 

You always get minorities of twats in any large amount of people, Maguire is just a sucker for being baited in to that situation. 

Yes of course but my point was that it is this sort of behaviour that some people are applauding  got us to where we are and sadly it's still out there. Irrespective of Maguire's reaction to it the behaviour of those yobs is embarrassing to all genuine football fans and if linked to LCFC to me personally. 

41 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

My embarrassing comment referred to the behaviour of the fans, high peaks comment on celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone. Edit, I've moved it to make it reflect that. 

totally agree. I really hope it wasn't leicester fans. Makes us look unbelievably pathetic that we still hold a grudge.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oh, are we celebrating someone from Leicester hitting someone else? I am so proud.

Any different to our fans loving the possibility that Pearson pinged Matt Mills for daring to ask why he was dropped? 

• Haha 1