Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

On a separate thread, Geoff said news was coming and we'd all be gobsmacked. By the time I was awake, he'd removed it but not before others had picked up on it. The thread has since been removed. Now everyone is speculating as to what the nature of the news is, and whether or not Geoff was serious or joshing.

Gobsmacked ? Ok, I’m going to put it out there given the news coming out of Barcelona....Geoff, it’s not an audacious bid for Luis Suarez :ph34r:?

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah Lampard trusting the youth buy spending 250 million to replace them

I think you’re missing my point.

I meant that because they were forced to play the youngsters, they were a bit more likeable. I knew it wouldn’t last.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Another news Chelsea are going nuts with transfers. Seems as though Havertz and Thiago Silva are about to sign. 

Can't wait until they sack Lampard so I can go back to hating them again.

oh, don't let Lampard get in the way of that!

Chelsea fans have no right to ever complain about other clubs spending more and winning stuff in the process, whether or not they win trophies in the next few seasons. 

Their spending has been ridiculous and yes I know they had a transfer ban (yet still got Pulisic lol

I've got a Chelsea-supporting mate and he's lapping it up right now. 

Lampard can’t coach a defensively solid side and they still have toss defenders. Even if they sign Thiago Silva and Chilwell they’re going to be porous. Says a lot about the quality of the league that they will comfortably finish third or above though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea fans have no right to ever complain about other clubs spending more and winning stuff in the process, whether or not they win trophies in the next few seasons. 

Their spending has been ridiculous and yes I know they had a transfer ban (yet still got Pulisic lol

I've got a Chelsea-supporting mate and he's lapping it up right now. 

They've been sickening. I wonder if it's a display of genitals towards their transfer time out. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Suarez told he can leave Barcelona on a free but this tweet tickled me for all those who remember when Wenger tried to buy him from Liverpool. lol

I don’t get what was so wrong with it, they had to offer over £40million to activate his release clause 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

If only one of the 3 big signings is a success they are going to be a real force next season.  I know people question their back line but each week im getting closer to putting my money down on them for the title. 

Chelsea will be nowhere near title challengers. The gap in points between Man City and Liverpool and the rest will be big again.

But go for it if you think it, I'm sure they'll be decent odds.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Suarez told he can leave Barcelona on a free but this tweet tickled me for all those who remember when Wenger tried to buy him from Liverpool. lol

I do get the joke but wasn't the whole thing that an offer of *over* £40 million meant Suarez was free to talk to clubs if he wished? It wasn't a release clause, Arsenal did the logical thing in that circumstance - the only off bit was that Suarez was never gonna entertain a chat with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who's going to touch Suarez then? Quite surprising he is available on a free. 

I saw a rumour about a potential return to Ajax but I doubt they'd meet the wages he's on at Barca. I am surprised he's free, I know he's 33 but his record is still unbelievable. Will be a great signing for a European side (unless he goes back to South America as a fair few South Americans do go back).

The one player I'm disappointed with not being able to see live was Suarez (think he left Liverpool the year before we went up?). One of the best of this era for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If only one of the 3 big signings is a success they are going to be a real force next season.  I know people question their back line but each week im getting closer to putting my money down on them for the title. 

Maybe. I get the feeling it's too much at once, though. Could be a success, but I won't be shocked if they're still miles off Liverpool and Man City.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who's going to touch Suarez then? Quite surprising he is available on a free. 

He's on 15m Euros a year at Barcelona (roughly £310k a week). He most certainly will take a payout as nobody will pay him that. Still a good player but he is a fat, slow, 33 year old who's lost his explosive pace. 

He could probably still kill it in the Dutch league tbf.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's on 15m Euros a year at Barcelona (roughly £310k a week). He most certainly will take a payout as nobody will pay him that. Still a good player but he is a fat, slow, 33 year old who's lost his explosive pace. 

He could probably still kill it in the Dutch league tbf.

Italy beckons then, could see him at AC Milan, a haven for players like him.